Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: This is the solution all right...morons...  (Read 12692 times)

Re: This is the solution all right...morons...
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2008, 07:34:50 pm »
  • *whistle*
I think it is funny that you quoted just that sentence when what you replied to it with is what I said in the sentences after, for the most part.  There are those who buy guns who hunt or train on gun ranges for better use of their firearm.  To tell these people that they cannot have guns is intrusive because they are legally responsible with them.

You misunderstand me; I was saying that any civilian, with no over-reaching authority to question them on the use of each and every single round (as all police officers are, and you would expect that soldiers would be questioned on misuse of rounds), is inappropriate person to be allowed to have firearms.

I do not believe that hunting is a proper reason to have firearms (cruelty to animals, anyone?), and "training for better use" - what use is that, exactly?

What I'm saying is that without the proper checks on all firearms users, then we cannot trust all of them to be responsible (any small minority is dangerous, as can be seen from the various firearms-fuelled massacres in the last few years); and as it is impossible for government to keep a close eye on all potential civilian gun owner's use of their firearms, I do not believe it is suitable that they should be allowed firearms.
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 07:40:03 pm »
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:51:31 pm by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 07:44:09 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Actually it was to stop the British invading, we're just waiting for you to remove all guns so we can rise again. Don't tell anyone, it's a big secret ;)

Seriously though, I find it funny when people claim that it guns stop the government from controlling people despite countries clearly illustrating differently...like England ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 07:46:29 pm by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 07:45:52 pm »
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:51:52 pm by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 07:47:13 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Actually it was to stop the British invading, we're just waiting for you to remove all guns so we can rise again. Don't tell anyone, it's a big secret ;)

For some reason I think the bad things will be down to the Americans, rather than other countries :P
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:52:08 pm by Theforeshadower »
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2008, 07:50:34 pm »
lol true true, but there were others that wanted to invade during the same time.  Is it an outdated law? maybe.  But IMO I believe the day the USA acts with a gun control law is the day we see some very bad things start to happen to the US.

For some reason I think the bad things will be done to the Americans, rather than other countries :P
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:52:22 pm by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 07:53:43 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
America has the Nukes. They've stopped WW3 so far.
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2008, 08:01:06 pm »
  • Fear my Blades
I do not believe that hunting is a proper reason to have firearms (cruelty to animals, anyone?)
Yeah, real men fight their own food fairly in hand to hand combat.

This debate reminds me of Prohibition.

I've done it (sorta)!  Bloom Lighting in GameMaker, and 3D mode too!  Check out the awesome Screen Saver.
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 08:03:35 pm »
  • *whistle*
I think it is funny that you quoted just that sentence when what you replied to it with is what I said in the sentences after, for the most part.  There are those who buy guns who hunt or train on gun ranges for better use of their firearm.  To tell these people that they cannot have guns is intrusive because they are legally responsible with them.
That would be me.  I went through gun safety and hunting safety classes at the age of 12.  I was raised with guns.  I know how to handle and maintain them.  There are many out there who are like me.  It just seems stupid to punish those who have done no wrong because.1% of the population has some kind of gun related illegal activities.  Besides, my constitution still gives me the right to keep and bear arms.

Nope, it doesn't. An amendment to your constitution implies the right to keep and bear arms, but also implies that there should be a military and nothing else. Besides, your government ignores enough parts of the constitution... there was a Youtube video about it, actually.

You misunderstand me; I was saying that any civilian, with no over-reaching authority to question them on the use of each and every single round (as all police officers are, and you would expect that soldiers would be questioned on misuse of rounds), is inappropriate person to be allowed to have firearms.

I do not believe that hunting is a proper reason to have firearms (cruelty to animals, anyone?), and "training for better use" - what use is that, exactly?

What I'm saying is that without the proper checks on all firearms users, then we cannot trust all of them to be responsible (any small minority is dangerous, as can be seen from the various firearms-fuelled massacres in the last few years); and as it is impossible for government to keep a close eye on all potential civilian gun owner's use of their firearms, I do not believe it is suitable that they should be allowed firearms.

What's wrong with hunting? Nothing cruel about it.  I go out hunting all the time.  Deer are animals.  They don't improve the people, they make no contributions to the public, and they taste really good.

I said animal cruelty. And if you don't believe that hunting down a relatively intelligent animal, that feels emotions just as you do, and can feel pain just as you can, and shooting it to death, just to fill your belly, then I'm very worried about you, sir.

And checking all people that have firearms is something that a dictatorship does.  The minute that you know who has firearms, is the minute you know who you can illeminate when you are ready to have a government take over.  The government(at least the USA government) IMO is afraid of its own people.  Too many politions ride on money and power and the average citzien is a threat to them as long as they possess firearms.  Gun control only TRUELY pushes marshal law/complete take over by the government.  That was why back in the day we had the right to keep and bear arms.  to protect ourselves from invasion and from our own government from taking over.  I sincerely hope you understand my views.

Oh god. Yet again people misunderstand me; I was saying that it would be impossible for the government to do that, so civilians shouldn't be allowed to keep firearms. And now you're saying preposterous things like it being the civilian's duty to protect themselves from radical governments! That's ridiculous. It is government's role to serve the people and army's role to protect the people. The moment that falls apart, it won't matter if civilians can protect themselves with guns or not.

lol true true, but there were others that wanted to invade during the same time.  Is it an outdated law? maybe.  But IMO I believe the day the USA acts with a gun control law is the day we see some very bad things start to happen to the US.

For some reason I think the bad things will be done to the Americans, rather than other countries :P
You had a typo...fixed.  And pretty much that is what will happen.  Our trrops are spread out so far that if the citizen can no longer protect themselves, enemy countries will take advantage of the situation.  Look at Switzerland...Hitler marched around it and left it there becuase he knew that those people pretty much had at least 1 firearm to each home and that at a young age, the men were trained with how to defend their families and friends with said firearm.  Just knowing the enemy population has firearms along with their army is very persuasive in whether or not you invade them.

Wow, Godwin's Law. Isn't that some guideline that whoever invokes Godwin's Law, loses the debate?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 08:14:55 pm by Pyru »
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2008, 08:15:34 pm »
Well on the hunting issue, I live in Scotland and deer hunting is really necessary here. Because of the lack of natural predators, the deer are way over populated and it upsets the balance. They eat way too many plants because there are too many of them and kill other species. Heck, there's so many up here, that people have been killed driving by deer running out in front of them on the road and hitting into their car. And I know you're thinking "well they must be bad drivers" but I know at least 10 people that that has happened to. Its not uncommon. Seriously. And they weren't bad drivers.
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2008, 08:24:44 pm »

You had a typo...fixed.  And pretty much that is what will happen.  Our trrops are spread out so far that if the citizen can no longer protect themselves, enemy countries will take advantage of the situation.  Look at Switzerland...Hitler marched around it and left it there becuase he knew that those people pretty much had at least 1 firearm to each home and that at a young age, the men were trained with how to defend their families and friends with said firearm.  Just knowing the enemy population has firearms along with their army is very persuasive in whether or not you invade them.

Lets see;

Civilians trained with usually small arms fire too shoot animals and in general other targets that dont shoot back.

Vs

Highly trained soldiers trained to take on high risk situations, with training including team work, lack of hesitation, and the ability to call in air strike back up and armored support. Also relatively protected with personal body armor and state of the art technology and weaponry, and trained to take on targets from suicide bombers to highly trained enemy soldiers.

Numbers wont matter, the classic 'Throw enough of something at the target and it may stop' Fall short when tactics come into play.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2008, 09:28:34 pm »
I'll concede that greater availability of guns will reduce the chance of a rampage of the proportions that occured in Virginia, but it just makes it more likely that a rampage will occur full stop.

The only real solution to the problem is to eliminate the availability of guns entirely. Sure, difficult, but it'll prevent the possibility of gun crime.
1) Illegally get gun
2) kill many people who now can't defend themselves
3) ????
4) PROFIT!

5) cops with M-16's plow your ass
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2008, 09:39:41 pm »
  • *whistle*
What it's important to remember is that anyone willing to undertake that kind of matter in this day and age isn't concerned with their own survival rate as a result (they know they're going to die); what they're interested in is taking out as many people as possible. Guns being more freely available helps them in that, but they may just as likely try to find other means to take people out.

However, increased chances of their own death will not put them off.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2008, 09:56:33 pm »
  • :3
It's quite simple. Pass a law that requires a license to buy guns/ammo, make it illegal to carry a weapon in public, and make it hard to obtain a gun license, ie you cannot have a criminal record.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2008, 11:46:52 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.

Sorry, I have to correct you but I think this is wrong. I believe the reason Hitler didn't invade Switzerland was because it held the currency of so many neutral countries in its banks. If Hitler were to take over Switzerland, suddenly many neutral countries would be defending their stored wealth and the war would end much sooner. I don't think he would have stopped invading Britain if every person there had a shotgun...Thats what bombs are for, I don't think the Blitzkrieg tactic really was thrown off balance by people having shotguns.

Also, I think that guns shouldn't be illegal, but they should definetly have registration.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2008, 01:03:16 am »
It's quite simple. Pass a law that requires a license to buy guns/ammo, make it illegal to carry a weapon in public, and make it hard to obtain a gun license, ie you cannot have a criminal record.
Sounds like Canada.
Except we're even MORE strict.
And look where it's got us? Gun crimes are worse then ever.

It's almost impossible for an average citizen in Canada to obtain a LEGAL handgun.
But if you want an illegal one, it's cheaper and quicker.

So all they did was take guns away from the law-abiding citizens, and create a huge underground bootlegging criminal market. Where people who don't give a !@#$% if their gun isn't legal(mostly criminals) can obtain arms easily.

And in Canada you cannot legally carry weapons on you, concealed or not.
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2008, 01:09:33 am »
lol
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:50:07 am by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2008, 03:43:13 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
USA is just not ready for it yet.

Back to the original topic at hand, this still doesn't mean we should give them MORE guns.
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2008, 07:35:00 pm »
lol
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:49:58 am by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2008, 11:16:44 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I think that if you were to give guns to a peaceful village (and they all knew how to use them) there would be very little shootings. I think that people should not HAVE to use guns because we should get people off the streets, get good education, and do more to help people get away from this bad lifestyle. Of course, this is WAY WAY more complicated than just taking away guns and stuff. But maybe if the United States was more interested in fighting crime in their own country than fighting the "terrorists" across the ocean.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 73 queries.