Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: This is the solution all right...morons...  (Read 12693 times)

Re: This is the solution all right...morons...
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2008, 08:37:11 am »
If you are so paranoid to believe Rambos going to !@#$% rob your house, by body armour. Making guns more easily obtained doesn't help the situations, it just arms more criminals who had difficulties obtaining them before hand.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2008, 09:48:02 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
If you are so paranoid to believe Rambos going to !@#$% rob your house, by body armour. Making guns more easily obtained doesn't help the situations, it just arms more criminals who had difficulties obtaining them before hand.

Thats just the thing, Criminals don't have a hard time arming themselves with illegal weapons anyway. It's your every day run of the mill good samaritan that has the hard time arming themselves because they have to go through the annoyingly tedious registration process, 3 day wait period, background checks, etc. Not saying that the process people go through to get legal weaponry is bad, but rather I'm saying that criminals don't have to go through any trouble to get their guns. Okay, lets say guns are banned completely. Does that clear out weapon storehouses? Does that wipe out any and all crime rings that have a cache of military weaponry? No, it doesn't. It just means it's going to be 200% easier for them to succeed in any and all of their ill deeds.

<_< I'm not saying "guns are cool!"... I'm simply stating out a very obvious and logical outcome to the clouded ideal that if you take the weapons from society, society will be prim and proper. It's just not the case. !@#$% even if you somehow managed to destroy EVERY weapon in existence, people would still bludgeon each other to death with rocks.
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2008, 10:10:11 am »

Thats just the thing, Criminals don't have a hard time arming themselves with illegal weapons anyway. It's your every day run of the mill good samaritan that has the hard time arming themselves because they have to go through the annoyingly tedious registration process, 3 day wait period, background checks, etc. Not saying that the process people go through to get legal weaponry is bad, but rather I'm saying that criminals don't have to go through any trouble to get their guns. Okay, lets say guns are banned completely. Does that clear out weapon storehouses? Does that wipe out any and all crime rings that have a cache of military weaponry? No, it doesn't. It just means it's going to be 200% easier for them to succeed in any and all of their ill deeds.

<_< I'm not saying "guns are cool!"... I'm simply stating out a very obvious and logical outcome to the clouded ideal that if you take the weapons from society, society will be prim and proper. It's just not the case. !@#$% even if you somehow managed to destroy EVERY weapon in existence, people would still bludgeon each other to death with rocks.

Its easy for them to get hold of the weapons BECAUSE ITS STILL LEGAL IN AMERICA. Seriously, its completely illegal in England to own a firearm, our guncrime is no where near as bad as yours. Our Crinimals have trouble getting the firearms because you cant just get them from a shop, and you cant rob someones house expecting them to have firearms.

Removing weapons from public domain wont completely weed out gun crime but it will effect it hugely. And weapons stolen from the military are always returned. By unwanted visitors (aka the Special Forces).

Also;

I work as a delivery guy...All I see are the cops catching speeders.

I assume this is on your way to a crime involving guns so you can time how long it takes the police to arrive?

Just because you see police officers giving out speeding tickets, doesn't mean thats all they do.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2008, 10:12:25 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
o.0 Legality on weaponry in the USA depends on a lot of different things; it isn't completely legal throughout the US O.o... Could change county to county, state to state o.0...

As for your gun crime not being as high as ours... Think about it; you're also less then half our size with a much much lesser population o.o...
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2008, 10:20:30 am »
o.0 Legality on weaponry in the USA depends on a lot of different things; it isn't completely legal throughout the US O.o... Could change county to county, state to state o.0...

As for your gun crime not being as high as ours... Think about it; you're also less then half our size with a much much lesser population o.o...

Its still not 100% completely illegal though, doesn't matter if in some counties it is or isn't. It still is.

And I'm pretty certain the way crime comparisons are sorted they compensate for it.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2008, 10:30:28 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Its still not 100% completely illegal though, doesn't matter if in some counties it is or isn't. It still is.

And I'm pretty certain the way crime comparisons are sorted they compensate for it.

Sorted or not, it doesn't matter- You cant compensate for the difference in population in a proper statistical manor o.o... It's just not possible. There's way too many different subcultures in the US, way too many different *ways of thinking* depending on where you go here. You'd be better off comparing the crime between a single state with the UK. That's the only way you're going to find semi-accurate results o.o... 10 of them will have a much higher crime rate, and the rest will have a significantly lower crime rate. Crime around here is concentrated in areas; for example- Flint MI, Saginaw MI and Detroit MI. Some of the biggest crime spots in the state, (and actually in the US overall). You go not even 15 minutes from any of those locations, and you'll find completely crime free areas. Some states even wind up with a 90% lower crime rate then Michigan. It just varies depending on where you go. So going by of statistics that generalize and treat the US as if it's some tight knit community instead of a large grouping of many... many communities just does not work at all, and it's even more foolish to believe their accuracy even if they try to compensate for the population difference. They cant just vaguely say "well 1 out of every 3 people that we didn't count for probably would or did commit a crime, so lets factor that in".

But anyway, this debates kinda pointless because people throw logic right out the window when it comes to these issues :P

That, and this video sums up my feelings-

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaAFLCrKLmE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaAFLCrKLmE</a>
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 12:04:44 pm by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2008, 04:43:33 pm »
No one will ever get guns if they're outlawed. It worked so well with weed after all.
And if someone does get one and uses it, you just say "Sorry sir, but those are illegeal.Please put it up." and the problem is solved.
So give me you're code and add mine:
Code: 4296-2644-3642

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:
epic intolerance, I caught aids from the stupidity in your post

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2008, 04:48:17 pm »
No one will ever get guns if they're outlawed. It worked so well with weed after all.
And if someone does get one and uses it, you just say "Sorry sir, but those are illegeal.Please put it up." and the problem is solved.

We're not saying they WONT get them just that it'd be more DIFFICULT for them to get hold of them.

(Key words purposely made to stand out).
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2008, 04:49:59 pm »

We're not saying they WONT get them just that it'd be more DIFFICULT for them to get hold of them.

Yeah, like 1% harder. It'd still be harder to get a wii than a gun, and thats if you were under age in a prepy area. It's not worth it.It's like outlawing sex to prevent pedophilla.

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2008, 04:52:51 pm »

Yeah, like 1% harder. It'd still be harder to get a wii than a gun, and thats if you were under age in a prepy area. It's not worth it.It's like outlawing sex to prevent pedophilla.

Erm no, Like a damn lot more harder. Take into consideration their only supply of firearms would be the military and police force (and if anyone says 'what about illegal dealers...where do you think they get them from!?')
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2008, 04:55:08 pm »

Erm no, Like a damn lot more harder. Take into consideration their only supply of firearms would be the military and police force (and if anyone says 'what about illegal dealers...where do you think they get them from!?')
how about OVER !@#$% SEAS! THe SAME WAY WE GET DRUGS!

How to post maturely:

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2008, 04:56:03 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

Bert; I'm telling you- Banning guns does NOT get rid of the existing cache of weaponry that criminals already have access to. It doesn't make it any harder. Do you honestly think that every criminal out there has a weapon that was legally registered? Outlawing them would only stop them from getting registered firearms. It has nothing to do with the ones they already have a plethora of o.o...
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2008, 05:12:40 pm »
how about OVER !@#$% SEAS! THe SAME WAY WE GET DRUGS!

Actually you don't get all your drugs from overseas only a small portion. The vaster majority are grown in America (or England depending which country you're from).

Same with weapons. Only weapons aren't grown >_>.

Bert; I'm telling you- Banning guns does NOT get rid of the existing cache of weaponry that criminals already have access to. It doesn't make it any harder. Do you honestly think that every criminal out there has a weapon that was legally registered? Outlawing them would only stop them from getting registered firearms. It has nothing to do with the ones they already have a plethora of o.o...

As I'm very sure the police would be interested in cutting gun crime down, that'd be their next operation. Searching for and destroying the weapon caches. I know the Military do it now, and if you remove the easier way of them getting firearms from the equation things will soon crime ratings will drop dramatically.

Before we start putting words into my mouth, I'm not saying there will be NO gun crime what so ever, just that you can drop the gun crime rate dramatically.
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2008, 12:45:35 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
I'll concede that greater availability of guns will reduce the chance of a rampage of the proportions that occured in Virginia, but it just makes it more likely that a rampage will occur full stop.

The only real solution to the problem is to eliminate the availability of guns entirely. Sure, difficult, but it'll prevent the possibility of gun crime.

The problem with that is that it is impossible. Even if you kept guns from the public, real murderers that plan a rampage will still manage to get their own firearms.

And his point was to make it extremely hard to obtain them. There will always be people who commit crimes, but does that mean we shouldn't try to stop them?

Your point confuses me.

Is making it harder going to stop a person who is planning a rampage? Hell no. The murderer will have weapons, and the law-abiding citizen will not be able to defend himself as I believe he should.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2008, 12:57:51 am »
Mamoruanime's been right from the start.
Banning guns only leaves average people un-armed, criminals still can get pieces.

Then criminals, knowing everyone else is unarmed, become more "ballsy" and fearless. Knowing they can rob and steal without anyone putting up any kind of a fight.

Do you remember when liq' was banned? All that did was create a huge underground market.
That's all banning guns does. Even if there was a world-wide ban on guns, there'd still little underground criminal warehouses making guns and weapons themselves. I dunno what you think, but guns aren't that hard to make.

And right now, I could buy an illegle handgun for 1/3 or less of the price paid to buy it legally.
You're speaking from inexperience, bertfallen.

If people want something, they'll get it. Expecially criminals.

Banning guns solves nothing.
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2008, 05:00:47 am »
Exactly. Also, a person who would premeditate murder is already a person willing to break the law. I doubt the average law-abiding Joe would break the law to defend himself. Also, I think that the main advantage of people having their own weapons is the fact that it intimidates people. Even if you had a self defense gun, you wouldn't go smokin' every one who threatens you, because just just having it makes a person not want to threaten you to begin with. If everyone in the school had guns, no idiot would try and go on a Virginia Tech type rampage.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2008, 04:53:12 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Exactly. Also, a person who would premeditate murder is already a person willing to break the law. I doubt the average law-abiding Joe would break the law to defend himself. Also, I think that the main advantage of people having their own weapons is the fact that it intimidates people. Even if you had a self defense gun, you wouldn't go smokin' every one who threatens you, because just just having it makes a person not want to threaten you to begin with. If everyone in the school had guns, no idiot would try and go on a Virginia Tech type rampage.

Or they'd be more clever about it, obtain a sniper rifle or something which allows them to lie in a nearby wood, put a person through the window in their sights and pull the trigger...*looks at the nearby window* I'm a scareded...
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2008, 10:28:18 pm »
Of course, a sniper can't chase people onto the other side of a building when they start running. Of course there's the high amount of skill required to snipe somebody that I doubt the Columbine kids had. Oh, and then there's the fact that snipers are going to be using a loud weapon that leads a trail of vapor to them, which will get the cops on them fast.
But if they REALLY wanted to do some damage, they could just get some napalm and firebomb the school. >_>
My point is that yeah, they can change strategies a bit, but if everyone had guns, we would be much better of than without. Not totally airtight, but, you know.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 72 queries.