Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Homeopathy is a Pseudosciences  (Read 2321 times)

Homeopathy is a Pseudosciences
« on: April 23, 2008, 06:12:03 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Homeopathy is called pseudoscience because it lacks solid material evidence or any reasonable theories as to why it works. That is the definition of a pseudoscience. It should not be supported by the NHS, nor should the money to pay for it be taken out of British taxes.

Anyone wanna disagree with me?

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
Re: Homeopathy is a Pseudosciences
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 06:27:12 pm »
  • :3
No, good point made is a good one.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 07:17:31 pm »
I don't think many people are going to disagree with you simply because I don't think many people know what homeopathy is, and while they could look it up as I did, it would provoke more discussion if you explained it in your first post.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 07:32:54 pm »
  • :D
Er... What's the other side of this argument, that it's a real science?  Because arguing that site would be hard :P
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 08:21:46 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Homeopathy is the belief that if you dilute a 'poison' or something of the like in water up to the point it is not detectable, it will cure the illness the original poison creates.

British Taxes pay for it. Prince Phillip should burn for pushing it's entry into the NHS.
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 08:18:16 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
If the poison is already in your system, then it wont matter. My Mom is all about homeopathy, and she never really fully explains it to me.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 03:49:45 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
If the poison is already in your system, then it wont matter. My Mom is all about homeopathy, and she never really fully explains it to me.

Because they don't even now how it works. Hell, I don't think they think it even does work. If it did, they would have discovered their own branch of physics. That'd be worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize! It'd make them famous and possibly/probably rich! If it works, they should be scrambling to find out how. Since they aren't, I doubt even they think it works.

Or maybe they just don't want Nobel's blood money, he discovered dynamite and gets a peace prize named after him? How does that work?
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 09:07:18 pm »
Not all nobel prizes are for peace, unless I am dreadfully mistaken. Anyway, I saw the poison-to-sugar ratio on one of those homeopathy bottles (like, 1 : 10,000,000), and I figured it couldn't be much more than a placebo.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 09:17:27 pm »
  • :3
Power of the mind?
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 09:46:34 pm »
Something like that. Enough to fight the symptoms, at least.

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 03:14:22 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
It's not just placebo.

It's the old idea that: If I'm having proper therapy for cancer (Kemo and whatnot), I'll feel like absolute S.H.I.T, because that's what the therapy does to you. Right before you feel better from it, you often feel at your worst. While at this short worst, I may seek out, for example, crystal healing in pure desperation. Now, shortly after recieving the crystal healing I start to feel better because the Kemo finally kicks in and kicks out the cancer.
What am I going to thank? The Crystal healing that did nothing or the Kemo that made me feel like !@#$%? It's scary how many people thank the crystal healing.

Alternate Therapies are like the stock market, you buy when a business is doing very poorly because they either fail miserably and you lose next to nothing (i.e the person dies) or they begin to climb back up and you gain lots (the person, for other reasons, recovers).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 58 queries.

anything