Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Do you think you should vote for future adiministrators?

Yes.
It depends... (Explain)
Doesn't matter.
No. (Explain)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vive la Démocratie ZFGC  (Read 4886 times)

Re: Vive la Démocratie ZFGC
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 07:38:44 pm »
What about a represenative democracy? Like we all vote 10 people into the senator position, and THEY do the admin voting.

EDIT: We could have senators of each part of the ZFGC. A spam senator, A few game design, competition, a few general,etc

Again, that's not democracy, that's almost something similar to what most of the rest of the world does in appointing a prime minister or president, out of the legislative body. I've forgotten the political term for that.

Though, it might not be a bad idea to have an 'elected' representative for users, to sit on some sort of 'board'. However, giving up 100% freedom of my forum/project to another individual isn't ideal.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008, 07:40:47 pm »
  • Bitte Scheiße
Unless The current admins chose candidates and then we voted.

That wouldn't be democracy that would be an oligarchy.

Also, I don't think it's proper to be flaming or harassing people in regards to whether or not they'd make a good admin or not.

I geuss I forgot to point out that those wer EXAMPLES.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 07:44:42 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
What about a represenative democracy? Like we all vote 10 people into the senator position, and THEY do the admin voting.

EDIT: We could have senators of each part of the ZFGC. A spam senator, A few game design, competition, a few general,etc

Again, that's not democracy, that's almost something similar to what most of the rest of the world does in appointing a prime minister or president, out of the legislative body. I've forgotten the political term for that.

Though, it might not be a bad idea to have an 'elected' representative for users, to sit on some sort of 'board'. However, giving up 100% freedom of my forum/project to another individual isn't ideal.

A Republic?

To be honest all of this "democracy" just would create more bureaucracy within the forums meaning things would get done even slower...
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2008, 07:45:53 pm »
The need for positions such as senators and everything is not really essential on the condition that the administration reach out more to the userbase and listen to what it is they need.  For example, you could ask game developers what you could offer up to help them out.  It really comes down to that, leading should be a partnership.
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2008, 07:48:33 pm »
Not a republic, the US doesn't function like that, let me get my US government book.. that i stole ;x

Bah Parliamentary, is what i was trying to think of.

Presidential gives voters the right to vote for both legislative and executive branches, parliamentary is voters vote for legislative and legislative votes for executive.

I suppose they could both be republics..

The US however, defined politically isn't a democracy, it's a federalist republic. *shrugs*.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2008, 07:51:39 pm »
The need for positions such as senators and everything is not really essential on the condition that the administration reach out more to the userbase and listen to what it is they need.  For example, you could ask game developers what you could offer up to help them out.  It really comes down to that, leading should be a partnership.

Perhaps the users should form an NGO?
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2008, 08:09:49 pm »
I am just saying that the administration could make a specific outreach to those who consider themselves things such as developers.  If the administration, for example, wants to promote development more, reaching out to developers asking them questions on what they think would help them, then it benefits everyone.  Specific official groups are not needed in that those of common cause ally themselves naturally, and the administration should be aware for the most part of the users and their interests already.  This can apply to any section or issue.  If there is a problem or issue somewhere on the forum, then having the users help you help them strengthens the community overall.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 50 queries.

anything