Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Zelda a Nazi game series?  (Read 13362 times)

Re: Is Zelda a Nazi game series?
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2008, 11:24:38 pm »
OLO LOOK AT MY ADAMANT ATHEISM CUZ I'M AN INTERNET TOUGH-GUY. No racism exists? Please, GTFO.

No racism exists in poop. Jesus Christ, I thought people on this forum were intelligent enough so that I wouldn't have to explain every single little thing to them. Clearly I'm wrong.

Oxymoron much.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2008, 11:44:39 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Anyone notice that the only path to the Goron's home is guarded by a Hyrulian guard, and you're not to enter (or leave) without orders from the royal family? :p

OPPRESSION!?
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2008, 11:57:50 pm »
  • *whistle*
Anyone notice that the only path to the Goron's home is guarded by a Hyrulian guard, and you're not to enter (or leave) without orders from the royal family? :p

OPPRESSION!?

The mountain's a ghetto.

Not only that, but the only other route out of the mountain is blocked with boulders - planted by the Hylians maybe? O:

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2008, 12:01:27 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

OPPRESSION!?

The mountain's a ghetto.

Not only that, but the only other route out of the mountain is blocked with boulders - planted by the Hylians maybe? O:

Ever notice too how Kaepora was all like "LETS GET YOUR WHITE ASS OUTTA HERE BEFORE YOU GET SHOT, HOP ON MY TALONS AND I'LL FLY YOU OUT"?
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2008, 01:21:22 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
PICORI ARE CHINESE. THEY ARE SHORT AND DO NOT DRIVE VERY WELL.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2008, 01:28:22 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
The Gorons could just eat their way out if they wanted to. That's like trying to keep a race of people in a ghetto by building a wall of cake around it. :P
  • Lionfish Apps

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2008, 01:34:17 am »
It all sounds like it could be true but I highly doubt it.
I really think that it would of been exposed by now if it really was a Nazi based game.
  • Likes to Ramble

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2008, 04:51:14 am »

/topic
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2008, 04:53:56 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君

/topic

Fail'd

(HOLY MOTHER OF !@#$% PEARL! DOES THAT SAY 'JEWISH' ON THERE?!?!)

Topic revived.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2008, 05:04:22 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Before the nazis used the swastika, it was a sign of good luck you know. Anyways, that's an interesting chart there. And Swiftu has a point, as that is a swastika.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2008, 05:06:28 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Before the nazis used the swastika, it was a sign of good luck you know. Anyways, that's an interesting chart there. And Swiftu has a point, as that is a swastika.

But it isn't a 45-degree, clockwise swastika in a circle like the nazis used (which was actually used by Hindus first anyway); it's a 0-degree, counter-clockwise swastika.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2008, 05:08:41 am »
True. It's a inverse swastika!

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2008, 07:03:45 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
That's the point; I'm purposely overthinking it. Christ, how do people not get that? It's like you're only reading every other word.

Well why would you deliberatly overthink it? It acomplishes nothing. It been a fun debate, but that makes no sense.

Racial appearance, weapons, where they live, their flags, the horses they ride, the fact that they (apparently) use bows and arrows.
well the weapons, horses and bows and arrows all seem to be much more an amazonian aspect due to their warlike culture, whereas Islamic women are not famous for fighting.

It's a fantasy game, why can't it have black people being portrayed as equal members of a Medieval society? :P
Indeed why not? But then again, why should they?Just because they could as its fantasy, doesnt mean they have to to be not racist.

The assumption is supported by the previous points of a) Large number of positively portrayed Aryans and b) the use of the world "realm". For the sake of the argument, make the assumption, k?
Thats ridiculous. Lots of Aryans doesnt make the Hylians racist, and nintendo making them blonde could easily be considered an artist point, or maybe they all have similar genes? After all we dont see a HUGE amount of inhabitants of hyrule. Its plausable that many could be blonde due to genetics. 
So no, the assumption doesnt make sense to make.

He's physically weak and he should've known that. Stronger gorons, who can walk and run faster, as well as roll, would have been more capable of the journey, and should've been sent in his stead. His arrogance to believe he was still capable of the journey shows his lack of intelligence.
He was the leader of the tribe, except Darmani. I wouldnt expect a leader to command someone to go perform a task that had such danger.

And my point was that Gorons were either strong and dumb or slightly smarter and very weak, something that's yet to be shown as particularly false.
The elder is weak as hes old and feeble. Darbus is shown to be incredibly strong, but never shown to have below normal intelligence. Sure he used the fused shadow, but power corrupts. And i cant quite remember, but i think he tried to use it to somehow protect the goron tribe from something.

They chose to leave that society, so it seems they weren't as integrated as you think.
They left because their Chief turned into a giant monster and their mountain was constantly spewing lava. So its not as if they suddenly thought "we hate humans". And the fact they returned showed they valued the partnership.

They attack Link because he's a Hylian with a sword. What if Link wasn't the first to attack them? What if other Hylians started it?
Use cheats to go to the Sacrew Meadow in OoT, and the Moblins attack wether you have a sword or not. The same goes for other games with moblins where you can see them without having a sword.

For allies, no great pains are made by Link to save them from being frozen... two Zoras are saved in OoT. None of the others. Every one else is saved without exception, but the attitude with the Zora is just "Oh well, nothing more can be done."
The Hylians had their own problems at the time, as they'd been taken over by the kind of evil. Maybe they were unable to send help? They'd already had to evacuate their home town to Kakariko.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2008, 07:40:21 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Theres also a pokemon card with a polywhirl that has a swastika on it; does that make pokemon racist too?

You guys dont know what the swastika was used for; Hitler didn't invent it; it was his DECEPTION METHOD. lol I believe he was playing off of it meaning it's one of god's rays, and theres no life without them, so on so forth.

Also, that dungeons official name was "Manji". Buddhist symbol.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 07:56:09 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2008, 08:02:15 am »
The poop thing could be said to be representative of how God wants to remind them they are always 'disgusting' and 'unclean'? See how this can be done? It's clearly !@#$% (lol poop, !@#$%) but it proves the point that things can easily be made to seem racist.

God isn't real, and evolution is colourblind; no racism exists. :P
How is evolution colour blind? Obviously the pasty white guy living in the middle of the desert isn't going to survive because he'll get terribly sunburned and die of melanoma or heat stroke. Heck, the whole idea behind natural selection is to wipe out those deemed unfit for survival IE nature's perfection. Nazi much?
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2008, 03:42:54 pm »

Theres also a pokemon card with a polywhirl that has a swastika on it; does that make pokemon racist too?

Jynx.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2008, 04:53:45 pm »
Not Jynx, Polywhirl. Get your pokemon right, man.

• Mirby Studios

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2008, 04:59:03 pm »
Not Jynx, Polywhirl. Get your pokemon right, man.

Reading comprehension, learn it.

He was joking that pokemon was racist, and I brought up a pokemon that arguably had racist design.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2008, 05:11:37 pm »
True, I was just messing with you. But this is a topic if Zelda is racist, not Pokemon. Although if Pokemon is, then it could be argued that all Nintendo series are racist (Mario racist against Italians, Pikmin racist against aliens, Kirby racist against food addicts, etc.).

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2008, 05:22:56 pm »
  • *whistle*
True, I was just messing with you. But this is a topic if Zelda is racist, not Pokemon. Although if Pokemon is, then it could be argued that all Nintendo series are racist (Mario racist against Italians, Pikmin racist against aliens, Kirby racist against food addicts, etc.).

That was gonna be my next topic, damn it.

Anyway, I'll be back after prom and after my hangover. So, probably some time Sunday.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 73 queries.