Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Accessing Spam  (Read 8132 times)

Re: Accessing Spam
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 08:00:49 pm »
I know i'm in the minority on this, but honestly this is a pretty stupid idea. Also, i took 5 games from the scrapped sections and submitted them to get spam access. If you want to delete them and remove my credits it's your choice.

You guys are acting like being able to go into a forum and post "safdsfqeeafdfs" is some kind of reward. Sorry but being able to post a spam topic isn't really a reward at all. Like i said in the other topic, this just seems like a cry for help because the site needs resources.

No one is going to go through the trouble of ripping music, sprites, or making games, music, or sprites just to get access to a forum that allows them to post gibberish.

I'm just going to keep quoting your posts until the staff actually replies to our arguments instead of skipping over them.

What do you mean, skipping? Look, I tried responding to them with my opinion on the issue, but I'm not the only admin here, and we all try to come to solutions that help everyone and form a conclusion that all the administrators approve of. If you ask me, it's a win-win situation: people get the Spam forum that they just want so darn badly, and the site gets extra resources for everyone to use. It's not a "reward," really; how on earth could you call Spam a reward?

You guys are blowing this way out of proportion.

I'm not really blowing anything out of proportion O_o, i'm just giving my opinion on the subject.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 08:01:34 pm »
  • b e p i s
I think that if the month time-period of activation were to be lifted, that no adverse effects would be felt on this forum and having individual users only need to submit five good resources to be in Spam indefinitely would be a more practical approach.  As I said previously, having only a few users submit five resources each multiplies and the effect would be greater than people realize.  However, the way it is now, there are going to be people who just give up or do not try because the effort to gain access defeats itself every month. 

See, this is something I totally agree with. It's all about compromise.
I know i'm in the minority on this, but honestly this is a pretty stupid idea. Also, i took 5 games from the scrapped sections and submitted them to get spam access. If you want to delete them and remove my credits it's your choice.

You guys are acting like being able to go into a forum and post "safdsfqeeafdfs" is some kind of reward. Sorry but being able to post a spam topic isn't really a reward at all. Like i said in the other topic, this just seems like a cry for help because the site needs resources.

No one is going to go through the trouble of ripping music, sprites, or making games, music, or sprites just to get access to a forum that allows them to post gibberish.

I'm just going to keep quoting your posts until the staff actually replies to our arguments instead of skipping over them.

What do you mean, skipping? Look, I tried responding to them with my opinion on the issue, but I'm not the only admin here, and we all try to come to solutions that help everyone and form a conclusion that all the administrators approve of. If you ask me, it's a win-win situation: people get the Spam forum that they just want so darn badly, and the site gets extra resources for everyone to use. It's not a "reward," really; how on earth could you call Spam a reward?

I'm not really blowing anything out of proportion O_o, i'm just giving my opinion on the subject.

I was more referring to Swiftu saying that the staff weren't trying to answer questions.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 08:16:45 pm »
I think that if the month time-period of activation were to be lifted, that no adverse effects would be felt on this forum and having individual users only need to submit five good resources to be in Spam indefinitely would be a more practical approach.  As I said previously, having only a few users submit five resources each multiplies and the effect would be greater than people realize.  However, the way it is now, there are going to be people who just give up or do not try because the effort to gain access defeats itself every month. 

See, this is something I totally agree with. It's all about compromise.

I was more referring to Swiftu saying that the staff weren't trying to answer questions.

ah, Sorry, i assumed you meant both of us because of the quote.

I agree with what 4sword said about it's crazy to make people not into game development and such add 5 resources every month.

Spam being a privilege is a better wording, but it seems funny that the only reward/privilege you get now when submitting resources is a spam board. Although i i do realize that the admins probably really have thought about anything else as a reward for credit's seeing as how the system is still in it's early stage. It just seems pointless to make people add 5 resources to post in spam. It basically just seems like:

"Hmm, you want to post random things, then you have to give us 5 sounds/games/sprites"

It's like your donating to the site to get spam.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2008, 08:21:12 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Still not as bad as DGEmu. GIVE US MONEY AND WE'LL GIVE YOU ROMS! Stupid and illegal. Still, the 5 a month is kinda stupid.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Tet

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2008, 08:37:48 pm »
  • I believe. I believe in ghosts.
submit five good resources to be in Spam indefinitely would be a more practical approach

Again, WHAT is the point of putting resources up on ZFGC? Custom music or graphics, good, tutorials for various things, good, but just ripped graphics? There are tons off complete libraries for sprites and music on the internet. Why is putting up a tiny collection of resources for random games on ZFGC such a big deal? If someone needs a good rip, there are plenty of places to get them elsewhere.
n__n
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2008, 08:40:54 pm »
Because not all resources provided by other sites work for those developing games.  The orientation of the sprite on the sheet could be off and would mess up the alignment if transferred to a game, the sound files might be poor, etc.  We do have original resources made by users here which should be archived in an easy to find place; e.g. the Community Project's original characters.
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008, 09:13:30 pm »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
I'm not against this system, but I do think that having everything be worth the same amount of credits is not fair.

Ripping/making a sprite sheet take a little bit of work. Ripping/making a model takes more work than ripping a sprite sheet. Finishing a full song takes more work than ripping/making a model.  Getting a game to a point where it's no longer an idea takes more work than finishing a full song.  Finishing a game takes the most work of all.

Basically, I think that the more work, the more credits you should earn.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008, 10:49:31 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I'm not against this system, but I do think that having everything be worth the same amount of credits is not fair.

Ripping/making a sprite sheet take a little bit of work. Ripping/making a model takes more work than ripping a sprite sheet. Finishing a full song takes more work than ripping/making a model.  Getting a game to a point where it's no longer an idea takes more work than finishing a full song.  Finishing a game takes the most work of all.

Basically, I think that the more work, the more credits you should earn.
I agree, however, it's a !@#$% to even rip sprites completely. I feel that hard work isn't being properly rewarded.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 01:03:58 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
I agree, however, it's a !@#$% to even rip sprites completely. I feel that hard work isn't being properly rewarded.
I agree as well.

Maybe implement a rating system that helps determine if your submission is worth points?

I still think games should be worth more than sprite sheets.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2008, 05:42:49 am »
  • Your expression has changed too
So what are those of us who aren't talented supposed to do? Even if I tried my hardest to try and make something usefull, it'd probably still be crappy.
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 05:44:05 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
So what are those of us who aren't talented supposed to do? Even if I tried my hardest to try and make something usefull, it'd probably still be crappy.

You know, you could uhh... rip something. Graphics aren't hard to rip.

Print Screen + Paint = Rips.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2008, 07:22:05 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
HEY, HOW'D YOU KNOW MY SECRET METHOD?

Meh, that is a great way, if not time consuming, way to rip sprites and objects and stuff.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2008, 02:36:02 am »

All the sprites worth ripping have been ripped already.
Ghoster Poster
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2008, 02:38:37 am »
  • Super Hero Time!

Yet, most rips are usually screwed up. Either something is missing, pixels are mixed, etc.

Why don't you rip something that hasn't been ripped before?
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2008, 04:16:34 am »

Yet, most rips are usually screwed up. Either something is missing, pixels are mixed, etc.

Why don't you rip something that hasn't been ripped before?
Because ripping is tedious. It takes forever and nobody credits you anyways. Besides, ripping requires a ROM, which is illegal. Is ZFGC really encouraging me to break teh lawz just to be able to post gibberish on their forums?  ;)
Ghoster Poster
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2008, 04:19:38 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Because ripping is tedious. It takes forever and nobody credits you anyways. Besides, ripping requires a ROM, which is illegal. Is ZFGC really encouraging me to break teh lawz just to be able to post gibberish on their forums?  ;)

Ugh...
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2008, 04:52:37 am »
Like others have said, there are things that have been ripped but those rips are bad and can stand to be redone.  There are also things that people have not ripped yet.  As for legality, it is not like the staff is handling you the ROM and telling you to get to it.  The Spriters Resource and other spriting sites seem to be alright in terms of standing.  All fan gaming sites border on that fringe of copyright legality, but as long as there is no profit being made on something that is not ours, we are for the most part pretty safe from prosecution.
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2008, 02:59:10 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Has anyone been to Spam lately? That place is a graveyard. You might as well take it out if no one is going to go there.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2008, 08:49:26 am »
Has anyone been to Spam lately? That place is a graveyard. You might as well take it out if no one is going to go there.
Didn't we want to discourage heaps of activity in spam anyway?
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2008, 09:16:25 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Didn't we want to discourage heaps of activity in spam anyway?

Nah we wanted to encourage people to stop being lazy and start ripping resources to make the site better so they can access spam :P but we expected to much :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 77 queries.

anything