Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Impeach Bush and Cheney?  (Read 1596 times)

Impeach Bush and Cheney?
« on: November 27, 2006, 05:07:06 am »
Impeach Bush and Cheney?

Before you judge anything, read this link in full, whether you're a liberal or a conservative, sit down and read the entire article, other wise you're making a fool of yourself. http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/11/24/17048/677

After reading that, what do you think should the President and the Vice President of the United States be impeached for these fourteen offenses? Keep in mind, in comparison to the Clinton administration (Possibility of Adultery, among lying while under oath about his adultery) is what the Bush administration done more harmful to national security, and preserving the rights of this nation as a free, and somewhat democratic one.

As we stand now, personally, I feel we've lost too much freedom to petty things, that are in no way helping our security at all. A lot of what is mentioned in this article, make me wonder why he has yet to be pushed out of office, and why Clinton was impeached for something petty in comparison. During times of war several past American Presidents have limited our 'freedom', for the 'better' of the country, but is that a good thing? My all time favorite quote, from my favorite historical figure, Ben Franklin: "He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security". Ponder over that.

So in the end, I ask you Impeachment or not?
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

tippz

Re: Impeach Bush and Cheney?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 03:37:05 am »
No. Most of the offenses can be ignored since it is other people in the administration (direct links to the president would be VERY hard to find, if they even exist). So in my opinion 'offenses' 3,4, and 5 can be thrown out right there.

Number 2 can also be thrown out since it isn't a lie as old weapons that were supposedly destroyed were found, plus any fallacies in that regard would be blamed on the intelligence. Maybe it was false in some respects, but there is absolutely no way to prove that Bush or Cheney knew that at the time.

Number 7 is total garbage as precedents have shown that war does not have to be declared to bomb someone, it can be explained legally as a police action

Number 8 isn't well documented, it is mostly theory, and a large part of it falls into the same category as 3, 4, 5...

Just go ahead and throw 9 in with number two...

Number 10 is just wow... Saying you are going to break the law and doing it are two completely different things and prosecuting someone for saying that (no matter how many times) without direct proof (not provided) that it was carried out is not going to happen...

Number 11 may very well be illegal according to the constitution, however it is allowed by laws passed by congress that have not been brought before the courts. Therefore, the action could be viewed as illegal, but since the law supports it, it would simply be stopped and the law repealed.

Number 12 can be lumped in with the ever growing 3,4,5 lot plus you still have to prove directly that they concealed it. That is, again, very hard to do.

Number 13 A) this belongs with 3,4,5 B) their support link is to an article on their own site that uses a question mark in the title. In the article they say someone thinks it was tampered with... thinking could be used as a testimony, but it wouldn't convince any jury (beyond reasonable doubt) I've ever met...

Number 14 Prove that they were used "against personnel targets" and it will be illegal, however it is legal to use it against non personnel targets

So in my eyes, number 1 is the only charge that might hold up in some sort of court, and perhaps they should be impeached just for that, but I don't think that either should be kicked out of office (different from impeachment) for that...

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 10:47:50 pm »
You can't win an argument by using unsourced facts.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 02:43:49 pm »
  • Back again.
Were you talking to tippz or Andrew?
Just kinda moseying along.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 10:28:39 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
To finish off tippz's thoughts, I also think that number one is close to be valid, except...

1. Leaking classified information by disclosing the identity of Valerie Plame to reporters.
Wasn't this already settled?  My GOODNESS, this was on national (and probably international) news for weeks.
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 05:30:24 pm »
I'd rather see them hang. :)

First off Grave digg, Secondly, you're not on topic well enough, you should provide more information when you make a post.

Locked.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 51 queries.

anything