Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Nintendo Officially Worth More than Sony Corp.  (Read 7045 times)

Nintendo Officially Worth More than Sony Corp.
« on: June 25, 2007, 11:43:07 am »
As of today -- In the Japanese market, Nintendo is officially worth more than the entire Sony Corporation.

http://www.thetanooki.com/2007/06/24/nintendo-surpasses-sony-in-market-value/ <-- news article

and for the digg users...

http://digg.com/nintendo_wii/Nintendo_officially_worth_more_than_Sony

^.^

Discuss?
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
Re: Nintendo Officially Worth More than Sony Cor...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 11:48:34 am »
Well, hooray, my Nintendo-fan-penis grew about ten metres just now. ;D

But... there's one thing... Andrew.

• Me on deviantART
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 11:50:18 am »
Hmmm, seems unlikely as Sony produces a lot, a lot of products.
But yeah. In Japan alone it's very well possible.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 11:53:45 am »
Sony does produce a lot, but in doing so.. Nintendo bumped Sony out of the top 10 companies in Japan, this is the first time they've ever been in this slot in Japan.

Sony has had so many !@#$% ups the past two years...

I'm not sure about the American value of the two companies, or if they're the same even.

.. and fox...

^.^
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 12:04:07 pm »
This awesome news must hurt for the Sony fangirls here!

Dascu

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 12:25:12 pm »
This awesome news must hurt for the Sony fangirls here!
Troll.

Regardless, Iwata's one damn good CEO to manage this. I wonder if Hirai can get Sony back up.
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 12:28:45 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Well, I guess it was inevitable after Sony applied some destructive marketing strategies based on further developing current technology.. whereas Nintendo went for innovation.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 12:54:16 pm »
I'm impressed, I always was quite impressed with how Nintendo with its relatively limited spectrum of goods (relative to Sony and others) still stayed high on the list of what each company is worth.

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account

Dascu

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 01:15:22 pm »
But they were third party games and there's no point supporting Sony over third party.

ICO, SotC, Killzone, Gran Turismo, God of War, Jak&Daxter, LocoRoco, Dark Cloud, Ratchet&Clank and others disagree with you.

It's true however that Nintendo's first-party offerings are more plentiful and arguably a lot better.
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 01:21:53 pm »
Maybe it's just me but I don't see any of those games are truly worth owning a Sony console for. I mean, buying one to play those AND some third-party games is great but if you removed all third-party games from all consoles I think you'd find Nintendo has the best selection by far and that it isn't worth the cost of a Sony console.

Dark Cloud, Gran Turismo and Killzone are bloody fun games.
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 01:26:26 pm »
This could be something to do with Nintendo's somewhat eccentric business model. The one where you sell your product for a profit. I mean, how quaint!
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 01:27:33 pm »
I'm impressed, I always was quite impressed with how Nintendo with its relatively limited spectrum of goods (relative to Sony and others) still stayed high on the list of what each company is worth.

It's because Nintendo's always been a company you can rely on. My original GameBoy still works perfectly, despite terrible treatment. In fact, I've never had a problem with a Nintendo product ever. Now, Microsoft has given me hell as a games company. My X-Box lasted 4-5 months before committing suicide. I had a PlayStation (original) and it was great. Some of my favourite games ever were released for it. But they were third party games and there's no point supporting Sony over third party. Now, Nintendo makes some excellent first party games.

That is mostly true, I had an original NES that broke down, had faulty connectors inside and from what I've heard is famous for this, but yeah on the whole Nintendo products are made to last, now that they run on disks this might change a little though as they don't seem as hard wearing as cartridges. My gamecube still works fine and I dropped that far too many times by accident, or slipping on ice with it in my bad and landing on it.. caused me more damage than the game cube :P.

This could be something to do with Nintendo's somewhat eccentric business model. The one where you sell your product for a profit. I mean, how quaint!
Lol yeah who'd of thought that possible in this day and age :P.

• My DevArt Account

Dascu

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 01:51:23 pm »
Maybe it's just me but I don't see any of those games are truly worth owning a Sony console for. I mean, buying one to play those AND some third-party games is great but if you removed all third-party games from all consoles I think you'd find Nintendo has the best selection by far and that it isn't worth the cost of a Sony console.
Hmm, matter of taste. PS2 had a very solid 1st-party and 3rd-party line-up.

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 02:17:53 pm »
The only reason this happened is because japanese people think touching is good and spend all day playing with their smaller wii's

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 02:35:16 pm »
  • :D

It's because Nintendo's always been a company you can rely on. My original GameBoy still works perfectly, despite terrible treatment. In fact, I've never had a problem with a Nintendo product ever. Now, Microsoft has given me hell as a games company. My X-Box lasted 4-5 months before committing suicide. I had a PlayStation (original) and it was great. Some of my favourite games ever were released for it. But they were third party games and there's no point supporting Sony over third party. Now, Nintendo makes some excellent first party games.

Are you kidding?  Nintendo has always made some of the shoddiest controllers.  They just stop working right after about a month.
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 02:36:25 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread

Are you kidding?  Nintendo has always made some of the shoddiest controllers.  They just stop working right after about a month.
Really? I'd say the only shitty controllers were the N64 ones, they were horrible, well, the analog stick was :x.

I </3 Sol
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 03:39:13 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
I've never had problems with Nintendo controllers, except for the 64. B button sticks in, control stick goes limp. Oy. But the rest of Nintendo's products are highly durable. Moldrill dropped his DS in the snow one winter day and didn't realize. The next day he's backtracking to find his DS, and somehow finds it buried in a ton of snow. He brushes it off, and it starts right up. It still works to this day.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2007, 03:42:06 pm »
I've never had problems with Nintendo controllers, except for the 64. B button sticks in, control stick goes limp. Oy. But the rest of Nintendo's products are highly durable. Moldrill dropped his DS in the snow one winter day and didn't realize. The next day he's backtracking to find his DS, and somehow finds it buried in a ton of snow. He brushes it off, and it starts right up. It still works to this day.

One of my SNES controllers no longer works due to over use, I over used N64 controllers and my first gamecube controllers analogue stick no longer works right when trying to do something with the stick in the up position it acts like I'm only holding it up slightly, so in Wind Waker I walk slowly forward all the damn time :P.

• My DevArt Account
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2007, 05:43:44 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
n64 controllers are pretty bad...the first three we got (grey, red, and purple ones) after about 5 years went kapput but now we have some cool black and white ones that work pretty good. I can't believe how well the NES controllers work though!  We still have them after about 22 years and they work perfectly!
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 07:00:49 pm »

Not trying to sound fanboy ish, but I never had any problems, and my family did some serious n64 gaming. Between Zelda, and my dad and I staying up late playing golden eye... those controllers went through a lot, and they still work. o.O
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 77 queries.