Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lttp demake  (Read 7741 times)

lttp demake
« on: April 02, 2019, 04:17:01 am »
I saw this demake map (http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=42016.0) for lttp and I really want to make a game out of it but i only really know how to make sprites and MAYBE items and stuff and i dont know how to use gamemaker soo can someone give me advice?
Re: lttp demake
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 11:35:28 am »
I started making a Minish Cap styled BotW fangame by using Youtube videos to learn to use GMS1, but then after a couple of months I decided to switch over to GMS2. Bought it, and then got a £10 course off Udemy on making a Zelda styled 2D ARPG.

There's mountains of tutorials out there, free or otherwise on how to code in those programs, but others exists too. Best thing to do would be to hop on YouTube and watch other people do it. Takes a lot of time and effort but I went from totally clueless to building my own cutscenes and implementing dialogue systems and all sorts so it's certainly doable :) Best of luck!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 04:27:25 pm »
Thanks for the advice! i'll try it :D also I believe gamemaker costs money so do you recommend any free programs?
Also I would love to hear more about that botw minish cap thing :P feel free to message me details
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 10:28:34 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
do you recommend any free programs?
Godot is a really great choice for a solid, free game engine, imo:
https://godotengine.org/

It'd be really cool to see that demake come to life. Best of luck to you!
I hope you're able to find ways to limit the scale at first and to take things step by step, letting little bits of successful work motivate you all the way to the finish. :)
  • My Music
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 06:18:32 pm »
Thanks! :D
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 06:33:45 pm »
so i tried gamemaker and godot and none of them are working for me ;-; so i really need to know a good easy to use game making program thats completely free :(
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 12:56:49 am »
I'm afraid what you're looking for is quite impossible, there are no easy to use game making programs if you haven't put in the time and effort it requires for them to become easy. Tutorials, tutorials, tutorials!

As for my project, here's a very brief gif of Link opening a chest and finding a Korok in a test area;

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2019, 02:20:55 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
i really need to know a good easy to use game making program thats completely free :(
Hmm, the best thing I can think to recommend then is Scratch:
https://scratch.mit.edu/

But, instead of it being the thing you'd make your Zelda game in, it'd be more of a thing to help ease you into getting the hang of how games are made, then maybe something like Godot wouldn't be so difficult, and you could then move on to making the game.
Adding to what Jacob said, the unfortunate truth is that most games do take a bit of knowledge and effort to create, and 2D overhead Zelda-style games are certainly not among the easiest and least complex. So, at the very least, it will take a somewhat complicated game creating program to make what you want, as a simpler one - such as Scratch - won't have all the features needed to create it.

But I do urge you to move forward; few good things in this life come easy. If you have passion, don't let it go to waste. Don't miss the opportunity to make something you love. It'll be worth it all in the end if you don't give up.  :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 02:28:59 am by FrozenFire »
  • My Music
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 53 queries.