Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Console gaming is doomed  (Read 26226 times)

Re: Console gaming is doomed
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 05:37:19 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
If Dantz is talking about the controls then, sorry, PC wins.  I can play any PC game with my 360 controller and customise the controls any way I want.
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 06:03:55 am »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
^ GTA:SA would like to have a word with you. It takes loading up a mod which hacks the game's memory everytime you play it to map it to a controller. Possible, but a pain in the ass.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2008, 06:04:52 am »
  • b e p i s
Console gaming will never die because consoles are inherently easier to play games on than PCs. Period.

I don't get what you mean…  Explain please.

As in most people can't be arsed to build a decent gaming PC instead of simply buying a console.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2008, 06:08:48 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I use JoyToKey.  It maps the mouse and keyboard to a gamepad with no game hecking required.  The games behaves just as if the input is coming from the keyboard/mouse.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2008, 06:09:39 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I use JoyToKey.  It maps the mouse and keyboard to a gamepad with no game hecking required.  The games behaves just as if the input is coming from the keyboard/mouse.

I used to use that quite a bit. Havent though since I got my 360 :( just havent played many PC games...

Also Shefali, reply to your PMs XD

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2008, 06:18:13 am »
  • Xiphirx
Console gaming will never die because consoles are inherently easier to play games on than PCs. Period.

As in most people can't be arsed to build a decent gaming PC instead of simply buying a console.

I built mine for $1000.

------------------
System Information
------------------
   Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Ultimate (64-bit) (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1
       System Model: P5E
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/04/08 11:36:55 Ver: 08.00.12
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E8500  @ 3.16GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
             Memory: 8190MB RAM (DDR 2 800)
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
        Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2
   Display Memory: 2540 MB
 Dedicated Memory: 495 MB
    Shared Memory: 2044 MB
     Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Mr. Beasty machine.
  • For The Swarm

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2008, 06:20:51 am »
  • b e p i s

I built mine for $1000.

------------------
System Information
------------------
   Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Ultimate (64-bit) (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1
       System Model: P5E
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/04/08 11:36:55 Ver: 08.00.12
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E8500  @ 3.16GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
             Memory: 8190MB RAM (DDR 2 800)
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
        Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2
   Display Memory: 2540 MB
 Dedicated Memory: 495 MB
    Shared Memory: 2044 MB
     Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Right, but you're obviously a technology enthusiast. Most people are not.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2008, 06:21:38 am »

Which is pretty sad considering how easy it is to build one

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2008, 06:31:21 am »
  • Xiphirx

Which is also pretty sad considering how many people call video professor.
  • For The Swarm

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2008, 06:36:37 am »
  • Xiphirx

Try my product!

Try my Lube!
  • For The Swarm

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2008, 06:49:22 am »
  • Xiphirx

Try my product!

Try my Lube!

Sure, lend me a hand while you're at it.

You've gone too far!

*gets back on topic*

PC > Console.
  • For The Swarm

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2008, 06:52:05 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Most people's families cant afford to shell out $1,000 for a PC. I work 5 days a week and make about $200 a week, but between bills and necessities I cant afford to save any ammount.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2008, 01:34:54 pm »
Most people's families cant afford to shell out $1,000 for a PC. I work 5 days a week and make about $200 a week, but between bills and necessities I cant afford to save any ammount.

I had to use my credit card.

Unless you paid that credit off you're gonna be under a !@#$% ton of debt. Credit Cards are scams, refuse to touch one here.

Anyways, the age old reasoning to not buy a PS3 is because it costs a lot. Yet PC Gaming costs way more, and will continue to cost much more.
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2008, 01:40:20 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
^ GTA:SA would like to have a word with you. It takes loading up a mod which hacks the game's memory everytime you play it to map it to a controller. Possible, but a pain in the ass.

wut.

What are you talking about. San Andreas for PC doesn't have to do that !@#$%. You configure the keys for the mouse/keyboard or for your Joypad and your set.

Have you visited the Keyboard options or whatever?
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2008, 02:21:45 pm »
The reason I can't be arsed getting any of the newer (soon to be old) gen consoles? Because:
Wii - Not totally into the motion sensitivity and there's only about 2 games I'd want anyway.
PS3 - Too expensive, again I'd only get it for LBP.
360 - All the 5 direct friends that have it act like it's a gift from god when it's just a computer in a special case with a few things changed. And I've played quite a few games on them, and it seriously sucks balls (IMO, don't get all defensive).

And give me a mouse and keyboard for FPS games anyday, I hate controllers for FPS games, it feels like I have no control and I just end up feeling like throwing it out the window.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2008, 06:44:13 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
A half-way decent computer that can run the latest games on very low specs will cost like £400 nowadays.

Xbox 360s cost about the same as Nintendo Wiis here in the UK
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/catalogId/1500001151/partNumber/5679223.htm
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/catalogId/1500001151/productId/1500245415.htm

See? That's like half the price of a computer that runs the same games. unlike most people I actually prefer the controllers to the PC for fps games. Then again, my PC throws a fit if I try to press too many buttons at once (4 seems to be too many, so much for running diagonally whilst reloading and jumping <_<). I also don't have to worry about AVG deciding to do a virus scan right in the middle of my game.

It's cheaper to have a 360 and buy a cheap-as-!@#$% second-hand laptop or desktop for all your non-gaming needs :P

(Then again, if you take into account the money saved on PCs by torrenting games...but nobody here does that *shifty eyes*)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 06:45:50 pm by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2008, 06:48:23 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Everyone's still going on about price; I'm just going to repeat myself:

You don't use a PC just for gaming.  I already bought a PC for personal use, and it cost me $150 more just to make it decent for playing games.  That's cheaper than any current gen system.

We all have computers already.  Put in a little extra money and you have a gaming-worthy machine.
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2008, 07:00:20 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
But what if it's cheaper to buy a console and a shitty computer good for only web browsing and office work? Surely, then, this is more logical. Also it means you can play video games and use computers at the same time, which is how I got all my GCSE coursework done ;) Got between B and A* in all of it too, which was nice :P Them damn Bs did drag a lot of my final grades down from A and A* in the tests to an A or B overall though, which sucked :(

Also, Unlike most people I actually prefer the controllers to the PC for fps games. Then again, my PC throws a fit if I try to press too many buttons at once (4 seems to be too many, so much for running diagonally whilst reloading and jumping <_<). I also don't have to worry about AVG deciding to do a virus scan right in the middle of my game.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 07:02:36 pm by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2008, 08:22:33 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
You people who keep going COMPUTERS EXPENSIVE really don't get it, do you?

You can buy (and by buy, I mean build your own) a good, decent gaming computer for about $400-$600. Depending on the parts you order it can last you anywhere within 2-3 years before you have to upgrade again. Even then it'll be little upgrades here and there. i.e. RAM, Hard Drive, Graphics Card, etc.

Buying a console is just as expensive especially for all the addons and games.

Console (Let's say 360) = $250-$300
Controllers (Depending on how many, let's say 4 and wireless) $50 x4 = $200
Xbox Live = $8/Month, $20/3 Months, $50/year. (Let's say 1 year for this).

Right there that's just about $550 alone. Then in about 1-2 years a new console will be coming out and they'll stop making games for that console. Games alone are about $50-60 each. PC games are generally $10-20 less. Also where as on PC, gaming online is free. DLC is also free depending on the company. I have yet to see any games I've played on PC charge for downloading new content. There's also all those classic games and crap you can buy from online stores. I can just download those for free on my PC and play them whenever I want instead of playing money to have them emulated on my console while getting framerate issues among others because they're just emulated.

PC also has tons of advantages over consoles. As Devout said, PCs are for everything, consoles are just for gaming in general.

As for your little AVG problem, try getting Common Sense 2008. It helps tons. I also think 2009 is coming soon so you might wanna think about picking that up.

I also don't know why you're pressing like 4 buttons when running and jumping.

Do you have fat fingers or something?

Running and jumping generally takes 2-3 keys depending on the game. In Half-Life 2 it's 3. Hold W to walk forward, Hold Shift to Run, and Space to jump. Depending on the jump as well you should only have to hold Shift for like a second. You must be playing some old FPS game I've never heard of.

People have different opinions on what they like in gaming. Some people prefer PC gaming, some people prefer console game. That whole EXPENSIVE deal really doesn't apply just for PCs.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2008, 08:27:03 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I have really thin fingers, but in Half-Life 2 I'm constantly holding down as many buttons as possible in order to play causing a beep from my computer that annoys me greatly :(
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 08:31:59 pm by TheDarkJay »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 76 queries.