Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dark Chronicle 2D (or those who know it as Dark Cloud 2), Idea for a 2D game  (Read 1395 times)

Dark Chronicle 2D (or those who know it as Dark ...
« on: December 08, 2006, 01:47:17 pm »
For all those out there who have played the game, i had this great idea - WHY NOT MAKE DARK CHRONICLE A 2D PC GAME AS WELL AS A PS2 GAME??? (Well i know i enjoyed the game enough to want to have it with me all the time on my laptop, not just my ps2). I have no idea weather to use TGF or GM6 reg. to make it, TGF is good because of faster loading times, and i hear it has a similar programming interface as game maker (I have used that for almost every game i have ever made) but as i just mentioned, i know how to build a lot more with GM6. (I suppose GM6, you can still make external files for the game to use). I was going to put Mp3 music in it, but i need a few artists for characters, tiles, menus, tilesets, items, and every other friggin sprite in the game. if you want to join the team as an artist (or any other position you can offer that i need) submit a sample.

CHARACTER SPRITERS - [either max, monica, or a monster facing L,R,U,D (no animation yet, unless you really want to)]
TILESET SPRITERS - [1 set of dungeon tiles made with one of the dungeon themes]
ITEM SPRITERS - [5 item/weapon icons for the menu]

That's all for now - I'll check this at least twice a week.  ;)
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Re: Dark Chronicle 2D (or those who know it as D...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 09:13:49 pm »
I don't like remakes, but it might be possible. Although, I think you should remake the first game. It seems way easier to remake.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 10:54:43 pm »
  • .越//
i only know dark chronicle but you should start with dark cloud, but in the dark chronicle 2d style... it would be cool to play both parts without style difference

make it comic look like the 3d game... i would imagine it like mario superstar saga

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

uma

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 03:39:38 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
I would love to join the team, but Dark Cloud 2 had waaaaaaaay too many systems... it would be freakin' impossible to finish it. Even Dark Cloud 1!

I'm not saying anything, its just it would be real feat to finish such a project.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 02:09:56 pm »
the only problem with making dark cloud is, I haven't got it. I've only played a short demo of 3 floors of the first dungeon. But making the georama system wouldn't be as hard as you think, you just make each room with georama elements persistent - the room, not each object! And I'd need a ton of external files, mainly graphics and sound, although possibly some dll's. And as for the random dungeon generator, I remember seeing a random maze maker on the gamemaker forums site. I think that might just be able to be modified to make dungeons. as for chests, monsters, geostones - that's the easy part. If someone could even get me an emulator and rom of the first dark cloud, that would be great. ;)
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 44 queries.

anything