Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

What music do you listen to? (select as many as you wish)

Death Metal
- 5 (3.6%)
Gothic Metal
- 8 (5.8%)
Heavy Metal
- 7 (5.1%)
J-Pop
- 3 (2.2%)
J-Rock
- 5 (3.6%)
Classical Music
- 5 (3.6%)
Jazz
- 5 (3.6%)
Latin
- 0 (0%)
Blues
- 4 (2.9%)
Funk
- 5 (3.6%)
Rock
- 15 (10.9%)
Pop
- 5 (3.6%)
Country Music
- 2 (1.5%)
Electronic Music
- 5 (3.6%)
Game Music
- 14 (10.2%)
Reggae
- 5 (3.6%)
Rap
- 4 (2.9%)
Techno
- 4 (2.9%)
House
- 1 (0.7%)
Dance
- 2 (1.5%)
epic sounding metal
- 5 (3.6%)
Noise music
- 1 (0.7%)
doom metal
- 1 (0.7%)
black metal
- 2 (1.5%)
grindcore
- 2 (1.5%)
brutal death metal
- 0 (0%)
experimental
- 4 (2.9%)
industrial
- 5 (3.6%)
dark ambient
- 3 (2.2%)
metalcore
- 0 (0%)
emo
- 4 (2.9%)
punk
- 6 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What is your favourite music???  (Read 7323 times)

What is your favourite music???
« on: December 13, 2006, 08:29:55 am »
There. Happy everyone? It has a lot of music styles in it now! ;D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 07:27:20 am by blue_chu_jelly »
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Re: What is your favourite music???
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 08:40:04 am »
!@#$% everyone who has these sigs, firstly because its another stupid fad.
and secondly because I listen to rap.
oh 50 cent! eminem! and chingy! right?
wrong.

I'm not going to bother listing the real rappers I listen to, because I don't want some generalizing assholes racing to put together opinions on people they never heard of. The fact is everyone who has these in their sigs has no idea what real rap is, let alone real music.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 09:12:45 am by .TakaM »
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 09:26:43 am »
one word: HARDtrance
plus lots and lots of this and that
pretty much everything

My Child Is Student of The Month at Neverland Ranch!
  • SSEdit
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 09:29:27 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
I'll write something longer, later today... but all I can say now is: ROFL at the poll and TakaM... your opinion that there is an universal definition of rap, of which you are one of the few ones who know it...just doesn't hold water.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 09:36:18 am »
holy !@#$% that was painful to read neo.
no there isn't one universal definition of rap, there are just different types of rap, commercial bling bling women cars rap, gangstas and guns rap, etc and then real rap thats more about politics and society.
I know you don't believe or want to accept it, but its true and this is the easiest way for me to determine anyones intelligence:
anyone who generalizes rap as one body and hates it is frankly- a moron
anyone who can separate the ridiculously simple levels of rap is a person worth the space they occupy
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 09:38:22 am by .TakaM »
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 12:46:50 pm »
Lol, I found it funny 'cos I found that sig on another forum, and I thought since I hate really hard rap, decided to put it on my sig...
I won't write anything bigger to (try to) avoid conflicts or flamings or any thing uncomfortable...
Voted the first one.
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 01:11:28 pm »
  • I knew it!
I dislike rap.

I like rock and nothing else, it's just the type of person I am. I did find "White and Nerdy" halarious though...
  • Yay!
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 04:31:46 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
there are just different types of rap, commercial bling bling women cars rap, gangstas and guns rap, etc and then real rap thats more about politics and society.
ah, so you're saying 'real rap' is a subgenre of rap? If so, point taken and I agree with your post. It's pretty much saying "German music sucks because I don't like the way Rammstein writes their songs". Even if you don't like rap at all, you should recognize it as a proper genre in music.. with its own subgenres and a wide variety of artists.

That and: Run DMC for the win :P
My name is Pitt
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 04:59:56 pm »
I listen to All sorts of metal, but appreciate people for there music tastes, the only reason I put it in my sig was because I wanted something in there.

I hate 50 Cent though, he is the veinist !@#$% I have EVER heard of. his musics good, but the whole movie and game !@#$%... where the !@#$% did that come from? Not to mention the games crap.
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 07:13:31 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I listen to a large mixture of music, from MTV-Rock, to heavy rock, to meaningful rap, to indie. I like lyrics which convey a deeper meaning than

Annoying Rap: *too fast to understand* you blinging mother !@#$% I'm gonna mother !@#$% your muther !@#$% arse because I'm the biggest mother !@#$% this side of the mother !@#$% world!

Annoying rock: *in a voice which sounds like someone who has smoked since they were 1/2 a year old, and can only talk/sing/shout from the back of their throat* I'm so depressed because the world is fire and life is a lemon so give me back my change before I cut myself!

Then again, I WILL listen to 'joke' and '!@#$%-take' songs like Goldie' Lookin' Chain :P Also despite most people hating him, I do like Lil' Chris' songs. Then again I can relate to "I never noticed" (it sounds like how I treated my now ex-girlfriend), and a few others from his album.
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 07:38:14 pm »
I think the stats in that signature are !@#$% to begin with lol. In fact I know they are. Like most facts and statistics they are just made up on the spot. Some teenager, somewhere in this world, thought based on his taste of music, and his friends and a few peers around him made a general estimation that only about 8% of teens don't listen to rap and listen to "real music"

The whole idea of that statement pisses me off. Most teenagers are only familiar with whats on MTV and so forth anyways. Pretty much the only rap/hip hop (what have you) on those "top 10 lists" and so on~ are just retarded mainstreem artists and pretty much all they, dare I say it? "Sing about" (talk about, preach about, etc.) is their cars, fame, money, women, "gangster ways", and jail time.
I may not be a fan of rap/hip hop myself in general, but come on. You can't just generalize a genre you don't particularly like, or know anything about (besides whatever mainstreem stuff you see on tv) and then give full freedom of opinion to the genre that you like. I agree with Takam's post on rap completely. And I think nobody on this earth really has the right to say what is and what isn't real music. Don't tell me that anything other then rap is real music, or that only the classic rock bands like the beatles or led zeppelin, etc. are real music.

"Real music" has it's own face for each and every single person. Weather it is instrumental, orchestral, opera, metal, rap, rave, ambient, classic rock, pop, classical, or even just the sound of  birds and other animals, or the sound of the rain. Or just smacking of pots and pans, or whistleing, or humming a tune in you're head. The language of music is universal, and beyond borders. There is no such true defenition for music (don't anybody try and pull one out of their ass, or a dictionary, because it's not accurate).

I think if you put that statement in you're signature its just being closed minded. I'm not ever going to go around and claim that my tastes in music are "real music" and other's are not. I will say straight up, I think death metal is !@#$% retarded, and sounds awful, its mostly just some deep ugly screaming and sounds so gross and loud and horible. But You don't see me saying it's not real music, and the stuff I listen to is. Every person has their own ideas of what is good music, so if you want to generalize what is real music and not, go ahead, but realize how closed minded and imature to actually understanding what real music is you are being. Music is music. It comes in different styles flavours, and with many different opinions, genre, and sub-genre. Some doesn't even have a genre. But all music means something different to every person.

I'm stopping now because I'm repeating myself an rambling. I think I made my point. And for the record, this topic is rather pointless, you're options only provoke more stupidity. Right now after 8 voters, I see that 100% of them claim to listen to real music. (wow that really proved those statistics to be accurate! /sarcasm) The people who o like rap/.hip hop, are not going to vote, but rather, detest you're opinion and stupid poll, and according to you, anything but rap is "real music" so all he people who don't listen to rap are going to vote "real music". And even if you're poll was "do you listen to real music? (yes/no)" rather then claiming rap is the only thing not really music, it would still be pointless because there is no such thing as a universal "real music" It is in each single persons head.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 07:44:40 pm by skully »
We may be human. But we're still animals.

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 08:44:06 pm »
Hey guys! I'm just ignoring the whole content of the other posts! Why? Because I had a kickass idea! Since we're argueing about Nintendo vs. Sony, McD's vs. B-King and Pepsi vs. Coke, why not argue about something EVEN MORE pointless like hip-hop vs. the rest of music!? We mustn't accept other people's opinions or likings, because this is the fricking internet! WHO CARES!

... seriously, stop argueing about WHAT is better. Theres's nothing good for EVERYONE. There're things that are good for ME. And some things good for YOU. If you don't like HipHop - fine. I like it. If you don't like HotChip - fine. If you don't like TinHatTrio - fine. Just don't waste my time telling me what is wrong about it. And why I shouldn't be listening to it.

I'm completely fine with SUGGESTIONS about other things. But if you tell me that the things I enjoy suck, then you better run. Because my I-don't-care-additude will make you hurt. Much.

THE END.
  • Me on deviantART

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 09:17:03 pm »
  • b e p i s
Hey guys! I'm just ignoring the whole content of the other posts! Why? Because I had a kickass idea! Since we're argueing about Nintendo vs. Sony, McD's vs. B-King and Pepsi vs. Coke, why not argue about something EVEN MORE pointless like hip-hop vs. the rest of music!? We mustn't accept other people's opinions or likings, because this is the fricking internet! WHO CARES!

... seriously, stop argueing about WHAT is better. Theres's nothing good for EVERYONE. There're things that are good for ME. And some things good for YOU. If you don't like HipHop - fine. I like it. If you don't like HotChip - fine. If you don't like TinHatTrio - fine. Just don't waste my time telling me what is wrong about it. And why I shouldn't be listening to it.

I'm completely fine with SUGGESTIONS about other things. But if you tell me that the things I enjoy suck, then you better run. Because my I-don't-care-additude will make you hurt. Much.

THE END.

I think I love you, sir.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 09:26:40 pm »
I agree with both Skully and Fox on this one. Like I said before I only put it in my sig for there to be something there, no actual reason behind it. But I am going to remove it.

People tend to call metal not real music because 'its all just shouting' or 'There all violent' Now, Metal music does not promote violence, Rap music, kindda does because they are always going on about gang rivalries and they use a lot of weaponry in there music videos, and because this music is aimed at younger audiences (Theres no denying it, just watch a few music videos and you'll see the simplicity in colours, bright and kids like bright colours of curse this is built on my lessons in media studying the music press) It was because of Media Studies my tastes in music and understanding in music widened.

When you put metal music down too just screaming or shouting, you really are missing the point about the genre, Metal music is supposed to be loud, but the lyrics have more truth in them then any other genre, and alot of people hate the metal genres because of the MEDIA and the PRESS, the same people who are trying to pin violence on video games and movies, and the same people that only tell you half of a story without giving the facts or the truth. Like a recent case in England about the support teacher who can't wear her vail;
She was an English support teacher who wore a vail down to religion, and she had been asked to take it off, previously she was okay with it, but this time she wasn't and refused then the whole court case happened, the story people heard from the media was, Her religion made her wear her vail and the school hate dit so sacked her spitefully. See my point?

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 09:48:48 pm »
NaS: man - legend.
I listen to alot of thrash metal, power metal (folk and power ballad and heavy metal origins), progressive metal, heavy metal, black metal, death metal, melodeth, grindcore, viking metal, folk metal, goregrind, some avant garde metal awsomnesses, stoner metal, sludge or whatever the hell, blues rock and some hard rock, and about 50 other essentially evident metal genres i cant name (just kidding), however i can appreciate certain brilliant artists from rap and hip hop and listen to them, regardless of the kind of crap that might be on the surface here and there.

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 10:38:49 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Country music.
* Moldorma prepares to be viciously attacked by millions of forumgoers

Yep. You can all argue about your rap, and rock, and metal, an shiz. I'll just stand over here observing and listening to some real music, like country. Unlike other genres, country music doesn't really need to be about anything at all. Just some really good guitarists with good singing voices singing about whatever's on their minds (And I don't mean old country. Not stuff like Randy Travis and Garth Brooks. I'm talking rockin country, like Big and Rich, Toby Keith, Montgomery Gentry, etc.). Take the song Banjo Boy, by Ryan Shupe, for instance. Has little to no point, no political/racist hidden meanings, no message whatsoever other than that Ryan Shupe can play the Banjo (very well. does a little banjo solo at the end. really cool stuff), and it happens to be one of my favorite songs. Most people I know like Big and Rich (Save a Horse), and when I told them it was country they were shocked. :P Anyways. See yas!
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2006, 12:25:05 am »
NaS: man - legend.
I listen to alot of thrash metal, power metal (folk and power ballad and heavy metal origins), progressive metal, heavy metal, black metal, death metal, melodeth, grindcore, viking metal, folk metal, goregrind, some avant garde metal awsomnesses, stoner metal, sludge or whatever the hell, blues rock and some hard rock, and about 50 other essentially evident metal genres i cant name (just kidding), however i can appreciate certain brilliant artists from rap and hip hop and listen to them, regardless of the kind of crap that might be on the surface here and there.
*TakaM salutes

nas is an absolute legend.
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2006, 12:29:43 am »
!@#$% everyone who has these sigs, firstly because its another stupid fad.
and secondly because I listen to rap.
oh 50 cent! eminem! and chingy! right?
wrong.

I'm not going to bother listing the real rappers I listen to, because I don't want some generalizing assholes racing to put together opinions on people they never heard of. The fact is everyone who has these in their sigs has no idea what real rap is, let alone real music.

My respect for you just skyrocketed it. tupac, nas, Kanye West, older stuff too. Thank God someone here isn't a stupid emo death metal freak :D. If someone can call music where all people do is scream at the top of their !@#$% lungs, then I don't know what music as come to.

I literally like EVERY genre. Miles Davis, Frank Sinatra, Kanye West, Tupac, nas, Common, The Roots, The Beatles, The Who, Johnny Cash, Billy Joel, Jethro Tull, Daft Punk, The Mars Volta, Simon and Garfunkel, Metallica, John Mayer/Dispatch/Jack Johnson, Eric Clapton, 50 Cent.

I can go on all day.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 12:32:04 am by Scooternew »
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2006, 12:33:15 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
I don't know what music has come to either if someone can call speaking rhythmically to a beat music. Although it is better than some nuts screaming their lungs out. :P
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 05:54:21 am »
can a mod please lock this topic? this is turning into a big argument.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 79 queries.

anything