Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Homosexuality  (Read 14077 times)

stickman

Homosexuality
« on: April 20, 2006, 04:07:10 pm »
basically a debate about whether it is right or not.(im not sure if this would go under the gay marrige topic or not)

i think that it is "bad" or "wrong" because you cannot reproduce with another of the same sex.

debate please.

Pyru

Re: Homosexuality
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 04:08:39 pm »
So, you're saying sex for any reason other than reproduction is wrong? Why?

What validates any act as "right" or "wrong", for that matter?

stickman

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 04:17:15 pm »
sex is another term for mating the reason it is enjoyable is that our brains release endorfins(sp) so the whole expierience is pleasing, we wouldn't do it if it hurt. sex has one purpose and that is reprodution it was not made to be enjoyed. most animals for example cannot mate whenever they want the only reason we find it enjoyable is because we can enjoy things on an intelectual level.

my reasoning is its biologically wrong, i find it morally disgusting as well but as you correctly pionted nothing can really be morally right or wrong, at least not universally.

tippz

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 04:41:18 pm »
Just because a guy likes another guy doesn't mean he has to have sex with him... It is unfair to call all homosexuals wrong, when not all participate in homosexual sex...

Plus, there are plenty of things that straght people do that won't allow them to reproduce. Oral sex and anal sex being prime examples. Why not complain about that being wrong too?

Pyru

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 06:10:49 pm »
Just because something is "biologically wrong" doesn't make it wrong overall- surviving cancer is "biologically wrong", for example.

Surviving to- or even beyond- the menopause is "biologically wrong".

There is no end to things that can be judged biologically wrong.
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 06:15:24 pm »
My lack of intelligance is biologically wrong.

^^ thats another example for ya

Pyru

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 06:27:03 pm »
My lack of intelligance is biologically wrong.

^^ thats another example for ya

Actually, making intelligent decisions not based on biological urges is biologically wrong. :P

Gilgamesh

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 06:27:36 pm »
It's unnatural in the sense that it doesn't have as aim to recreate, which is pretty much the most important goal in nature. I see little difference between homosexuality and incest, pedophilia or bestiality really. I'm not saying it's morally wrong though.

Now, I just know some of you might say "Hey, what about impotent people." Well, it's the natural attraction that is unnatural. Being attracted to a girl (as a man), whether or not she can have children, is natural (since your brain and hormones don't know she can't have kids). Being attracted to a person of the same sex, or to an animal, is generally, in biological development, strange (to say the least).

Homosexuality at its roots is a biological error. It's not natural. And hold your "Hey, but animals have homosexualtiy too." arguments away. It's still an exception that has no benefit for the well-being and procreation of the species, and thus, isn't a "good" thing.
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 06:28:44 pm »
I do not agreee with it, but it does not mean i do not acept it, if someone is gay, then thats what they are, but i wont ever do it myself...
  • Elliott Parkinson

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 06:53:00 pm »
  • With a Capital G
The very need for this discussion is sickening to me.

People have different hormones. That's just who they are, get over it.

Pyru

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 06:59:18 pm »
What I think is disgusting is that people are blaming all of this on hormones.

Don't you think there could be other reasons besides "simple biology" as to why they're gay?

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 07:07:30 pm »
  • With a Capital G
Quote from: Gilgamesh
I see little difference between homosexuality and incest, pedophilia or bestiality really. I'm not saying it's morally wrong though.
There's a huge difference: the other three are sexual acts, two of which are legally unconsenting and harmful. Homosexuality is a trait, not an act.

Well, it's the natural attraction that is unnatural.
"It's natural, and that's unnatural". Make up your mind, please.

Homosexuality at its roots is a biological error. It's not natural.
If it's biological, then it IS natural. Make up your mind, please.

And hold your "Hey, but animals have homosexualtiy too." arguments away.
Why? Why shouldn't you own up to their validity?

It's still an exception that has no benefit for the well-being and procreation of the species, and thus, isn't a "good" thing.
If you're thinking of telling us that you only want to have sex for the "well-being and procreation" of your species, that's untrue and you know it. First and foremost, we do it because we want to have sex, and whom we want to do that with is our own business.

It's also very short-sighted to say that gay people can't procreate, and don't rule out adoption as a benefit.

Limey

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 07:15:30 pm »
sex is another term for mating the reason it is enjoyable is that our brains release endorfins(sp) so the whole expierience is pleasing, we wouldn't do it if it hurt. sex has one purpose and that is reprodution it was not made to be enjoyed. most animals for example cannot mate whenever they want the only reason we find it enjoyable is because we can enjoy things on an intelectual level.

my reasoning is its biologically wrong, i find it morally disgusting as well but as you correctly pionted nothing can really be morally right or wrong, at least not universally.

Actually that is pretty wrong.  First of all, it may be suprising to you, but there is homo/bisexuality in a lot of animal species. (I had an article but I can't find it... so don't belive me if you want :P)

I can garuntee you 100% though about this.  One type of the great apes (there are 4 types of great apes), the 'Bonobo's'.  Are known for having sex.  That's what they do! They're an almost COMPLETELY non-violent race (they dont fight amongst themselves), and they have sex, all day long XD.  They have sex for pleasure, they have sex for fun, they have sex when they find a stash of food, they have sex instead of physically fighting XD  They have sex for any reason, they ENJOY IT.  There is straight sex, gay sex, bi-sex, they don't care.  Even the females will rub their genitals on eachother XD XD

So you can't say its only us 'enlightened humans' that enjoy sex, or have sex just for pleasure.

Pyru

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 07:17:40 pm »
Bonobos also have sex to reinforce family bonds...

The reproduction issue again: overpopulation is a major problem affecting people on this planet. More people not procreating would be a good thing. If underpopulation became an issue, there's always IVF.

Limey

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 08:25:10 pm »
Bonobos also have sex to reinforce family bonds...

The reproduction issue again: overpopulation is a major problem affecting people on this planet. More people not procreating would be a good thing. If underpopulation became an issue, there's always IVF.
Whats IVF?

And no matter how much sex there is, I don't think that we're at risk for underpopulation ;) (unless theres nuclear war or something :()

Pyru

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 08:26:44 pm »
In Vitro Fertilisation, Limey. Egg fertilised outside of the womb, and then put back in to implant.

Limey

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 08:28:16 pm »
In Vitro Fertilisation, Limey. Egg fertilised outside of the womb, and then put back in to implant.

Ah, thanks ;)

Its not like there will ever be a shortage of semen and eggs on earth, so we don't really have to worry :P

Pyru

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 08:30:15 pm »
Well, there may be a shortage of them eventually, but it will have nothing to do with sexuality. Fertility rates have been dropping sinces records began.
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 09:58:24 pm »
I do not agreee with it, but it does not mean i do not acept it, if someone is gay, then thats what they are, but i wont ever do it myself...

Amen, I agree.

They're just different.
"May the innovation be with you."

www.guffa.smf4free.com

tippz

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 11:11:29 pm »
What I think is disgusting is that people are blaming all of this on hormones.

Don't you think there could be other reasons besides "simple biology" as to why they're gay?

Probably not...
I mean, it is all the classic nature vs. nurture arguement, but if social conditions have a major impact I think we would see a much more consistant pattern of who is gay and who is straight. Besides the fact that studies have shown that homosexuals do have different hormonal balances than heterosexuals...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 73 queries.