Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Does candy cause pimples or not!?  (Read 6519 times)

Does candy cause pimples or not!?
« on: April 20, 2006, 07:25:28 pm »
  • Lul
Nowadays scientists suck (j/k, they have always sucked! J/k again.. or am I <_<? *Du dun du duu*)
Anyway <__________< They keep saying that candy does not cause pimples, and then they say that it DOES cause pimples and then...
      I think it depends on who you are, so this can't be generalized, or it shouldn't.  But I have heard that
there's an ingrediens in candy that causes pimples, don't know what it is though.

This topic was caused by boredom <__<

Ben

Re: Does candy cause pimples or not!?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 07:27:24 pm »
Yey two words in the same sentence that are american and not english.
So much for learning english at school f00ls.
Candy = chocolate
Pimples = spots.

Get it right :-p.

And my sister says that it does.
But nobody really knows, I guess.
Want a place to upload your sprites and games for FREE? Look no further than GameDevotion

Limey

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 07:28:27 pm »
I don't think so.  Its more the idea that 'chocolate' causes acne, not sure if its all candy.  I think its an assumption because... I don't know, but I know the idea that chocolate caused acne has been around for a LONG time.

I don't think its true... Unless you rub chocolate on your face or anything O____o
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 07:41:00 pm »
I don't think its true... Unless you rub chocolate on your face or anything O____o
...Well that explains a lot...

lol, but anyway i dought it, choclate isnt very greasy so its unlickly to cause spots as spots are normally created when grease blocks in pores.

Pyru

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 08:22:52 pm »
Candy = chocolate
Pimples = spots.

No, both candy and pimple are English, non-American words. Candy does NOT mean chocolate (simply referring to any sugary sweet) and pimples is a general term for various non-anatomical spots on the body, while spots is slang.

Limey

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 08:24:11 pm »
Candy = chocolate
Pimples = spots.

No, both candy and pimple are English, non-American words. Candy does NOT mean chocolate (simply referring to any sugary sweet) and pimples is a general term for various non-anatomical spots on the body, while spots is slang.

Americans use the word 'pimple' as well... O.o

Pyru

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 08:27:25 pm »
Candy = chocolate
Pimples = spots.

Americans use the word 'pimple' as well... O.o

What I mean is that they are correct, standard-English origin words, rather than Americanisations.
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 02:18:44 am »
  • The Broken King
Erm, this isn't really a debate, as this isn't an opinion-related matter. :P
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 07:55:07 am »
...exactly its fact, chocolate is just a very greasy fatty food. If you eat lots of hamburgers your face will get pimples just as well.

From wikipedia:
"There is a popular belief that the consumption of chocolate can cause acne. Such an effect could not be shown in scientific studies as the results are inconclusive. Pure chocolate contains anti-oxidants which aid better skin complextion."

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 04:44:16 pm »
I always knew it.

Seriously, they just try to prevent us from candies. Mo'fos. >_>
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 11:01:36 pm »
I tend to believe it is more along the lines of what you eat, rather then how dirty your face is. Read everything I put below for more info.
An exerpt from the westford national healing center:

Acne occurs most frequently in the teenage years when it affects 80 percent of all teenagers to some degree. This has been associated with an increase in sex hormone activity which causes an increase in the sebaceous gland output. This can also be seen in cases of infantile acne just after birth, due to high levels of circulating sex hormones. Acne is rarely found in eunuchs. The incidence of teenage acne is so high as to be considered "normal" in developed nations. This fails to consider that not all populations experience such high rates of acne. One such population was the Canadian Eskimos who, prior to 1950, had no incidence of acne. Later, as more modern foods, including sugar and refined carbohydrates, were introduced in their diets, acne became common.

The main dietary offender in the modern diet is its high saturated fat content. A diet high in animal proteins, cheese, and milk causes abnormal development of the sebaceous glands, leading to acne. The modern teenage diet is a prescription for acne, with cheeseburger, hot dogs, french fried potatoes, corn chips, potato chips, fried eggs, french toast, butter, milk shakes, milk, sugar, candy, cola, and chocolate.

Although meat (especially pork fat) and hydrogenated fats are detrimental, milk fat is often the main offender. We are the only species that feeds our young milk after weaning. The situation would probably be less serious if we gave our children mother's milk, but we give them cow's milk, with its excessive fat.

The link between diet and acne has long been recognized by both naturopathic physicians and the lay public. Every teenager knows that chocolate may aggravate acne. Other detrimental substances in the diet are coffee, tea, alcohol, and sugar. Sugar in particular facilitates the action of saturated fatty acids, making it the number two offender.

A second major cause of acne is an incoordination of the elimination's. This may include sluggish bowel and skin function, a toxic liver, or overstressed kidneys. When the eliminating organs become imbalanced, the superficial circulation becomes filled with toxic eliminants which then clog the superficial capillaries and small lymphatic vessel which feed the sebaceous glands and cause inflammation with secondary infection. This incoordination between deep and superficial circulation may also be due to spinal lesions which upset the cerebrospinal centers located in the ganglia of the automatic nervous system which control these circulation's.

Another common finding is areas of the bowels that have thinned walls allowing leakage of toxins into the system. (See Psoriasis or allergy for more details on this conditions. Refer also to constipation as it relates to incoordination of elimination.)

The habit of hot showers or baths is another factor that upsets skin function and causes an incoordination between deep and superficial circulation. Prolonged heat causes a vasodilatation or a lax condition of the superficial blood vessels, leading to poor local circulation and congestion.

Certain dietary deficiencies have been associated with acne. Of these, vitamin B6, zinc, and essential fatty acids (EFA) are the most common. Vitamin B6 deficiency is common in acne related to the menstrual cycle, where acne is worse prior to or during menstruation and premenstrual symptoms of irritability and water retention are severe. Zinc is a common deficiency, especially during puberty with rapid growth, which requires and excess of this mineral. Zinc is deficient in most soils and therefore most foods.

TREATMENT
The orthodox treatment for acne is palliative rather than curative. The patient is usually told he or she will grow out of it and may be given antibiotics topically or orally if the condition is very severe. In some cases, if the acne occurs in an older female, oral estrogen's are used. These treatments are not only ineffective, they are detrimental. Most teenagers grow out of their acne, but not before some scarring. Many never grow out of it and suffer acne lesions nearly all their lives.

Antibodies are used to combat the secondary infections and often must be repeated every 3 to 6 months. This has a bad effect on the entire body by destroying friendly bacteria essential to our well-being.

The skin is made from the inside out. It takes 20 to 30 days for the skin now being formed to reach the surface. It is obvious then that external treatments can do little to affect this developing skin. Acne is an internal problem, not an external one. A possible exception would be cosmetic acne due to excessive use of facial creams and lotions, which clog the pores and in some cases cause and allergic reaction. Poor hygiene will also affect the skin, but the majority of cases are caused by internal factors. True healing must come from within. This healing will take some time. Even if you begin today, the results will only start to show themselves in 20 to 30 days, usually more like 60. If any severe acne lesions are present, these will take even longer, due to the great damage that has already occurred in these areas. Perseverance and absolute adherence to the diet below are essential to get results.

DIET
Our main concern is to eliminate as many saturated fats as possible. Ideally the diet should contain no saturated fat. I find it best to restrict to diet to no saturated fat for a reasonable length of time in the beginning, so that you can begin to see true results rapidly. If you can be motivated enough and convinced that this short-term, very strict diet will have some very long-term advantages, I advise 6 to 8 weeks of a no-saturated-fat diet. this includes plenty of non citrus fruits, raw vegetable juice, salads, cooked vegetables, vegetable and seaweed soups, seeds and nuts in moderation, whole grain, and vegetarian proteins such as beans and tofu. Seaweed's are suggested for their high iodine content, as are pumpkin seeds for their zinc. All junk foods, refined foods, and carbonated drinks or alcohol are prohibited. A short vegetable juice fast of 1 to 7 or more days with enemas on days 1, 2, 3, 5, and 7 is useful to speed the healing process. These should be done every 2 to 4 if possible. The diet that follows allows nonfat dairy products, but by no means suggest it. If possible, dairy products should be excluded from the diet until the skin is perfectly clear. This is not always possible.

The fat content of milk is fairly complex and must be understood if proper milk products are to be added safely to the diet. The following summary should prove helpful:

Ice cream - 10% to 20% butterfat
Evaporated whole milk - 8% + butterfat
Whole milk - 4% to 6% butterfat
Homogenized milk - 4% butterfat
Evaporated low fat - 4% butterfat
Low fat - 2% butterfat
Nonfat, skim - 5% butterfat
Dried skim - 1% butterfat
Evaporated skim - 25% butterfat
True buttermilk - 5% butterfat
Dry curd cheese - 5% butterfat

Of these milk preparation only dried skim or evaporated skim have a low enough butterfat content to consumed in moderation daily. Skim milk yogurt is acceptable one to two times per week. Real buttermilk (butterfat removed) is acceptable on occasion. Dry cur cheese is also acceptable on occasion. No more than 6oz of skim or buttermilk three times per week, 2oz powdered skim per day, or 1 cup per day of dry curd cheese is allowed. All cottage cheese are to high in fat, as is butter. Margarine is generally made by hydrogenating unsaturated fats and making them partly saturated. Those fats are entirely unnatural to the body and should be reduced or avoided altogether whenever possible.

Commercial peanut butters also often have hydrogenated fats. Check all labels before purchasing. In general I restrict peanut butter and encourage other nut or seed butters such as almond, sunflower, or cashew. Peanuts are not nuts anyway - they are legumes.
Commercial breads usually contain about I percent saturated fat and must be avoided. Either buy well-labeled whole grain breads from reliable bakers to bake your own with cold pressed vegetable oils. Commercial baked goods often contain up to 20 percent fat and should be strictly avoided.
In later stages of this diet (and in some cases very early on) poultry in moderation and fish may be added, but never served fried. Cold water ocean fish (i.e., cod or salmon) is suggested as the best fish source and has been found to reduce blood cholesterol levels.
Cold pressed unsaturated vegetable oils in the diet are acceptable in moderation, but never heated. It is suggested that you add 400 IU of vitamin E to a newly opened vegetable bottle to prevent rancidity and keep refrigerated. These should be used as salad dressings with lemon juice (the only citrus in the diet) or apple cider vinegar. Any herbs for taste are fine. Use plenty of onion and garlic.

HOW TO EAT
The following diet may be of some use as a basic guideline. Choose from the following...

Breakfast
Non citrus fruit
Non citrus fruit plus skim yogurt
Whole grain cereal (no sugar) with soy milk, skim milk, dried skim, or evaporated skim milk
Poached eggs and whole wheat toast

Mid-Morning
Whole meal pancakes
Vegetable juice (carrot, lettuce, nettle, and watercress)
Potassium broth
Herbal tea

Lunch
Fresh raw salad with plenty of green leafy vegetables, watercress, lettuce, cabbage, kale, chard, parsley, alfalfa sprouts, celery, onions, garlic, seaweed, sprouts, etc., with carrots and other combinations. Keep the salads varied and interesting. Salad dressing used should be based on cold pressed vegetable oil and lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. Garlic, various herbs, and honey may be used to add variety to the dressing. I suggest you obtain a good salad cookbook and experiment. Tofu or soybeans. A few nuts , brown rice of millet

Mid-Afternoon
A mid-morning supper as lunch, or conservatively cooked (baked or steamed) vegetables, especially green and yellow vegetables. Carrots are also good. Use a wide variety. Tofu or soy protein beans Fish (never fried), Turkey or chicken (never fried), Whole grains (especially brown rice and millet), Dry curd cheese.

Evening
As midmorning and Mid-afternoon

Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water each day.

SPECIAL FOODS
Green vegetables, Carrots, Onions, Garlic, Watercress Vegetables juices (carrot, lettuce, nettle, and watercress), Nettles
In some cases wheat allergy may be a causative factor and should be avoided in all stages of the diet. Prior to therapy a radioallergosorbent test (RAST) and cytotoxic test should be done. Wheat, yeast, dairy products (even nonfat), citrus, or even eggs may be a major factor in individual cases.
Refer to Constipation if this is a problem.

I do believe that candy is a cause of some acne. But It isnt the main cause. You looking at lack of propper nutrition, and other vitamins. Too much saturated fats, in you're diet. Etc. etc.
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2006, 11:06:23 pm »
It does for me. If I eat like, 2 chocolate bars in a day, I'll seriously have a fresh pimple by that night or the next morning. Good thing I don't like chocolate that much. :P Everyone in my class is loaded with pimples, and they eat sweets all the time. And they all wonder how I have no pimples... lol :P
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006, 02:03:31 am »
I'm going to try this debating thing.....

Yes, I think it does :)

Actualy I think it might. I didn't read any of this, but notice how (NO OFFENSE INTENDED)...ehm...overweight people, most of em, have pimples...especialy the ones who eat alot of...you guessed it...candy!

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2006, 02:19:34 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
they should get the mythbusters to check it out  ;D
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006, 06:07:42 am »
I think that it does lead to them, however it only increases the likelyhood of them, nothing is certain, i think that in the world we are liviing in the government needs a slimmer community and is therefore manipulating data to make it look like they do cause spots. I think that results are being overstated when they simply do not need to be.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 01:22:36 pm »
I'm going to try this debating thing.....

Yes, I think it does :)

Actualy I think it might. I didn't read any of this, but notice how (NO OFFENSE INTENDED)...ehm...overweight people, most of em, have pimples...especialy the ones who eat alot of...you guessed it...candy!
They just eat fatty foods, which causes pimples. Or they just dont clean their face that often.
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2006, 10:23:45 pm »
Because they're too busy eating....

Hey, again, NO OFFENSE.

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 06:39:32 pm »
My diet goes like this (Im a student..which explains some parts of it):

Bread,Soup,Bread,Bread,Bread,Bread,Soup,Coffee,Chocolate,Sultana Bran,Coffee,Bread,Bread,Soup,Sultana Bran, Beer,Beer,Beer, Whiskey, Bread, Coffee, Bread, Apple, Apple, Banana (I eat fruits sporadically, then their on hiatis for say a week), Bread, Soup, Coffee etc.
Something like that (thats covering a few days).
I've alot of spots. I say the culprit is Coffee, but that chocolate doesnt help. All i know is...An easter egg appeared on my face after eating an easter egg.
Were talking cms in diameter under the skin, pressing into the gums on the ther side.

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2006, 09:35:05 am »
Candy = Sticky;
Sticky = Fingers;
Fingers = Dirty;
Dirty = Touch Face;
Face = Acne;
Acne = Pimples.

mmKay? I lost all my pimples when I dieted (now they're back =))
the a o d c
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 11:55:12 pm »
  • 7.18.1.3.5 <3
Depends what you eat i think...
Cause nuts, for example peanuts, give you pimples...
Say you're eating chocolate that has nuts in it, it may leads to pimples.
Also depends on people too.
SSBB FC: 4639-8685-4595
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 74 queries.