Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alright, Help me.  (Read 806 times)

Alright, Help me.
« on: May 17, 2007, 06:01:57 am »
I need serious. !@#$% help. with my guitar. When I got it about.. christmas, it worked fine. Now, I let it sit for around a month; and then i retuned it. Ever since, my strings (Which I replaced just last week) have always been !@#$% up. Heres what happens; The guitar itself plays fine; in a sense. But, some of the frets.. arent.. they're like.. just not fretting. For example, if i hit any fret under 5 on my B string, it sounds really messed up, and unless i press so hard that the damn string feels like its pushing through my finger, it doesnt even make a sound. and when it does, it sounds like somethings distorting it. But about the five fret, it sounds fine, works perfect. Now, my high e did the same thing, but to 6. It just blew up. like. my string. !@#$% exploded. wasnt even playing. just popped. anyways; back to the problem.  it seems the lower the string, the more frets i can use; and im just getting really sick of not being able to play songs i know anymore because of this. if anyone could tell me how to fix it, or what causes it, i'd be very thankful.
[...The mystery of wireless, revealed...]

[...Ninjas...]
Re: Alright, Help me.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 06:24:44 pm »
You're action is probably wayyyy too high or wayy too low on the side closer to the head.

Can you by any chance take a photo of your guitar from the side?
where i could like.. see the distance between the strings and fret board.

I might be able to help.
My dad taught me how to customize guitars, so mine are like... perfect and so easy to play.

XD
Hello, mom?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 06:34:28 pm »
  • *whistle*
Yeah, most likely what Zonny said.

If strings are buzzing, that's most likely 'cos they're hitting other frets while the string is vibrating, so the action would be too low. Sounds more like the action's too high in your case, though.

Also, what kinda guitar is it? Some designs of guitar *cough Strats cough* seem to be much more likely to get that kinda problem.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 07:25:43 pm »
Fender Starcaster.

[...Ninjas...]
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 07:53:43 pm »
  • *whistle*
It'd be better if you took the picture at the 12th fret, looking completely level down that fret. It's difficult to judge at the first, as the distance from the fretboard is normally fixed there.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 09:17:19 pm »
that's still a real long distance from the string to the neck.
I think that's why it's so hard for him to push down.
Maybe..?
Hello, mom?
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 09:30:18 pm »
  • *whistle*
Maybe, but from the low quality of the pic, bad angling/positioning and poor light, it's difficult to see.

Also, is that an ACTUAL Starcaster (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starcaster) or one of the similarly named value guitars? 'cos if it's an actual one, it might even be something to do with the neck bolting... o.O

I'd be fairly surprised if it was an actual one, since they weren't in production for long, and they're kinda rare.

Anyway, yeah. If it's action, you'll want to alter that at the bridge end. For Fenders, I'm pretty sure that requires the strings to be off, and some going at with a screwdriver (part of the reason why I don't like Fenders. ^_^). Google it for details...
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 12:53:16 am »
alright; thanks pyru and zonny :D

[...Ninjas...]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 50 queries.

anything