Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens after you die?  (Read 27234 times)

Re: What happens after you die?
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 09:43:02 am »
  • IBV
if you took Jesus as you're savior you're going to heaven and other wise hell >:D

Oh, if it means I don't have to !@#$% hear about that man anymore then hell sounds like a great place. ^.^;
My signature is empty.
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007, 11:02:40 am »
if you took Jesus as you're savior you're going to heaven and other wise hell >:D

Hell is not sounding that bad anymore.
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007, 11:10:27 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
I truly hope you're kidding, otherwise the only saviour you will be needing is someone who can knock some sense into you.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 05:41:26 pm »

All aboard for the express train to Hellp :D
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 06:23:47 pm »
I have always believed that your soul travels to another body, and I still do. I heard that within only a few second of someone dying, a baby is born. Even if that is pure fiction, I still stand by my belief.
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007, 06:44:28 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
Except the whole "God forgives all bla bla bla" talk, damn hypocrite he is, if so.

And myself? Well, I think there's some special thing, call it "soul" or  "energy" or whatever you will. And it's that part of us, who makes us US. I also believe it travels to different things, like, reincarnation style n__n
I mean, you could make a robot, an extremely advanced robot, it'd be able to think and act like any human being, but would there be someone behind the eyes of that robot?

Well, it's all just theory anyway to make you fear death less, no one knows.

I </3 Sol
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 06:49:19 pm »
I think that after you die you turn into a butterfly :D

Well ... I wish that would be what happened ...  :-\
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2007, 06:53:00 pm »
  • n___n
This topic awesome. I was gonna make it, but you beat me to it. Great thought provoking discussion.

Anyways, can any of you answer me this?

What was it like before you were born?

...Exactly, you can't give a logical answer. It wasn't "blackness", you weren't "waiting to be born", you are nothing. You don't exsit. You have no parts to experience such things as sight, sense of time, heh, heck you don't exist so you can't know or feel/experience anything. Either that also happens when you die, or you go to heaven. I'm still not sure.
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2007, 03:32:40 am »
I think that nothing happens after you die. You're gone, you cease to exist. I believe that the thought of an afterlife is just humanity wanting to believe that there is something beyond their life, something greater. The idea of heaven and hell is a common system of punishment and rewards, which encourages you to be a good person with promises of heaven, and discourages you to be a bad person with threats of hell.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2007, 04:08:48 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
I have a theory on this, but it's pretty complex. I formed it from hours of sleepless nights, multiple religious beliefs, and my own reasoning and philosophy. If you want to talk to me more about it (you might want to) just PM me, or nudge me to start a thread.

So we start at point A, we're created. Soul breaks off of God, enters a body, body becomes sentient.
Body crumbles, body is no longer suited for sentience, body dies, (now modified) soul returns to God. After that what happens? You combine with other pieces of souls and reincarnate? Or maybe you enter a "heavenly" state?
Yeah. This idea is very close to the Hindu idea of "Returning to Brahman". Of course in my mind it's different. I believe that God is a giant soul/brain made out of absolutely everything in the universe. The soul is what makes a being sentient. The soul is what makes us want to question the existence of a soul. Pretty much a a "godly" quality behind a being manifested into a body, as opposed a less-soulable object.
Yeah... So I think I'm on my way to finding the meaning of life. I do a lot of !@#$% when I should be studying.
Lotsa ideas in my skull. I want to share them.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 04:38:07 am by Dracon »
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2007, 11:15:16 am »
Why would anyone have sentience after death? All brain activity stops after you die. That's why they call it 'death'.
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2007, 11:32:14 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Why would anyone have sentience after death? All brain activity stops after you die. That's why they call it 'death'.
Exactly. Only a handful of people seem to realize that if there truly is something as a 'soul' we wouldn't have any need for a brain.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2007, 04:06:48 pm »
I believe the soul is what makes you sentient. But without your brain, you still can't think.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2007, 04:52:08 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
I believe the soul is what makes you sentient. But without your brain, you still can't think.
I believe you should read up a bit on neuroscience. Our brain allows us to do far more than just controlling our body and giving us the ability to think.

The brain makes us sentient, giving us the illusion that we have consciousness, "free will" and are in control of ourselves. Actually, we're robots.. controlled by our own brain cells that are programmed to act in a certain way and respond to certain hormones and substances.

I know that this is a somewhat mind-boggling concept to accept, but it's no less than consensus among neuroscientists. Look it up if you refuse to take it from me.

My name is Pitt
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2007, 06:21:52 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
This is what happens when you die...
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?ei=UTF-8&b=2&vid=412831&gid=444564

He was buried normally with jet black hair and looked like a normal corpse...
Two hours later, the father hadn't seen his son's dead body.  He wanted it dug
up and this is what they found after the son being dead for two hours...

CREEPY.....
Wtfux. I !@#$% bricks.

Anyways. This thread is made out of win and good.

I like Dracon's theory but I honestly think after you die you don't go to heaven or hell... you don't have an afterlife, you don't become a ghost. You just die. You don't exist anymore. Dead, gone, nothing.
You become nothing just like you were nothing before you were born. It's kind of mind-boggling to think that one day. You will be dead. You will die. And you will never know you were ever alive. Heck, you won't even know anything because you won't be anything. You'll just be NOTHING.
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2007, 03:47:08 am »
I believe you should read up a bit on neuroscience. Our brain allows us to do far more than just controlling our body and giving us the ability to think.

The brain makes us sentient, giving us the illusion that we have consciousness, "free will" and are in control of ourselves. Actually, we're robots.. controlled by our own brain cells that are programmed to act in a certain way and respond to certain hormones and substances.

I know that this is a somewhat mind-boggling concept to accept, but it's no less than consensus among neuroscientists. Look it up if you refuse to take it from me.

Gives us the illusion huh? Who or what exactly is it then, that receives the illusion?
Hmmm....

Anyway, I don't get the "cease to exist" thing. If that were true, then our existence to begin with was an illusion anyway. Life, and death, would both mean nothing.
Thar.

I devote myself to finding a meaning in life. Why? Because that's the only thing worth devoting life to. It's either that or become a serial killer.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 03:49:59 am by Dracon »

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2007, 04:36:04 am »
Judging by what I know about science I think that there is a soul but not in the traditionale sense. call It "Soul" or "Energy" or whatever you want - ( To make things simple I will be using the word "Energy" ) - but when you die there is something that's gone. Now I think that this "thing" that is gone is is just like another type of electricity.
One that keeps the human body running and is then passed on after death. all things contain energy and after you die your body is absorbed by plants and small animals which then take the energy with them. passing it on to other things.

What I don't believe is that this energy controlls behavior like some say the soul would.
I agree for the most part with NeoGeo-x about us being robots with the brain controlling all of our actions and thoughts.

As for the meaning of life, I think that there is no great purpose other than to enjoy life as much as possible and to bring joy to other people. kind of like that group in WW that puts flower pots on all those little pedestals XD
Ya I'm a show off.
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2007, 01:49:07 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Gives us the illusion huh? Who or what exactly is it then, that receives the illusion?
Hmmm....
The brain itself obviously. Our thoughts are just a chemical process.

Anyway, I don't get the "cease to exist" thing. If that were true, then our existence to begin with was an illusion anyway. Life, and death, would both mean nothing.
So you don't believe in the "cease to exist"-theory just because you don't like the way it sounds? The truth can't be bent to please a particular person. It's the way it is, just accept it.

I devote myself to finding a meaning in life. Why? Because that's the only thing worth devoting life to. It's either that or become a serial killer.
Oh yeah, everyone who doesn't believe in afterlife is a potential serial killer. Grow up.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2007, 02:06:19 pm »

Where'd you get that idea from? o.o According to you, I'm a serial killer...

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2007, 02:56:40 pm »
  • :3
You rot down to the bones. Then you become a fossil :)

That's only if the conditions are right- otherwise your bones just rot.
I have multiple beliefs of the afterlife. My main belief is similar to EasyD's, only your life force or whatever isn't passed on. Another person is born, and it views the world through a first person perspective. Just like us. So it's like you're born again into a different body, only it's not you- rather it somehow becomes you. It's another life that you live- only it's not you living it. I really can't explain it.

And whoever wished to become a butterfly- they die in 24 hours. I'm not sure about the huge rainforest ones though.
Gannon-banned brother.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.252 seconds with 76 queries.