Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which is better a Desktop or a Laptop  (Read 6374 times)

Re: Which is better a Desktop or a Laptop
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2006, 06:08:25 pm »
  • Its the joeshmo!
Ok buy if you just bought a laptop then you have no money to spend on anything Else

The car adapter for a standard 90 volt laptop is about 15 dollars. Wow, that costs alot.
  • Netterra Virtual Pets
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2006, 06:09:18 pm »
it is When you just bought a 900$ Doller Laptop
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2006, 06:13:56 pm »
  • Its the joeshmo!
Can't you get away from a computer for an hour? I mean, wow, I might actually have to do something else in the car. I dont even use my laptop on trips, we had an 8 hour car trip. We have an adapter and everything. Source of money: PARENTS
  • Netterra Virtual Pets
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2006, 06:18:43 pm »
1.No I can`t get away from a Computer
made recoerd yesterday for 15 minutes ;D
2.Every parents are and not some are will to buy 900$ laptop for there 7 year old Son
But some don`t a want one in  in the house
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2006, 06:21:40 pm »
  • Its the joeshmo!
2.Every parents are and not some are will to buy 900$ laptop for there 7 year old Son

Your 7 years old? You probly shouldnt be on these forums. Anyway, I wasn't talking about getting the laptop from your parents, I was talking about the car adapter.
  • Netterra Virtual Pets
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2006, 06:24:55 pm »
I am not 7!
There is no need for a Car adapter if there is no Laptop
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2006, 06:25:58 pm »
  • =/

Your 7 years old? You probly shouldnt be on these forums.
A seven year old has as much right to be on this forum as you and me. At the age of 7 I knew more about the world (including reproduction) then most 14 year-olds. If a 7 year old can act mature then he/she deserves to be here.

And I doubt he is seven.
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2006, 06:26:30 pm »
  • Its the joeshmo!
I am not 7!
There is no need for a Car adapter if there is no Laptop

Wha? You were complaining about battery life so I suggested getting an adapted for $15 and you said that was alot. So I suggest you make your parents buy it. How does what you said make any sence?
A seven year old has as much right to be on this forum as you and me. At the age of 7 I knew more about the world (including reproduction) then most 14 year-olds. If a 7 year old can act mature then he/she deserves to be here.

Er, technically being on the forums at 7 year old is illegal in the US I believe, something like that. Plus, we talk about much more mature things here than any 7 year old should hear.
  • Netterra Virtual Pets

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2006, 08:33:17 pm »
13? I never knew that lol. Weird.

Often with a laptop, when a component breaks, the entire things wrecked and your better off buying a new one than getting the component repaired.
As has been mentioned previously, with a desktop, you can remove and interchange components easily. You can, for a good time, keep your computer up to date: Update graphics card; Add in some ram etc. My bro recently upped his PC with double by ram..I used to have double his!..Its time to get some money and fight back!
For a laptop to have this feature, it would use up a great deal of space, and O.O not be a laptop really.
The requirements for graphics processing in games are of growing 'importance', so even if laptops are increasing in power, their expectations for gamers are increasing.
And what if i wanted to make a high poly 3d model? Or edit some movie footage..Well a quality movie editing program will use say 250 megs of mem withought any media in it. Hell Firefox tries to use that sometimes lol. And windows makes a point of trying to use at least that -_-.
Compilation...Something i definately want done as fast as possible.
Im not sure i'd get used to the general laptop keyboard. But a laptop with a nice wide screen can have a more functional keyboard with that extra space!
Laptops will of course improve over time. Maybe one day ill be able to use them for everything...

Honestly, i want both. Laptops not good enough for my general use -  A real awsome way to waste money and time would be for me to have a laptop instead of a desktop.
My productivety on a bus wouldnt be so good. BIG HOWEVER, is the time saved while out and about.
Well, a laptops most usefull if your travelling alone. If i was with freinds it'd be pretty antisocial to be programming or posting on zfgc lol. But then we could sit in the pub looking up Chuck norris jokes and funny videos: Massive bonus points for laptops there.
The point still remains that its tooineffective for my general use: So i choose desktop over laptop. Thats for me however, and generally if someones mind on wether they are better off with a laptop or desktop is changeable i dont think they are ready to own a computer (as many unfortunate households who buy their computer and do nothing with it arent either). Maybe they should get a calculator first...Then move onto a scientific calculator, and if they dont pass out they should try and set the time on their VCR..whoops, i mean DVD Player.

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2006, 09:56:19 pm »
  • The Broken King
almost every complaint so far (screen size, internet, keyboard, etc.) does not apply to my laptop. Sweet =D

Second, I'm pretty sure that if you want new components installed to your laptop, you can take it to a shop. It's not impossible.

Because I do travel, I do prefer my laptop. The whole being able to use it anywhere thing is nice too.

Desktops are good. I haven't ever seen a desktop that runs as well as my laptop (it's really new though, and was top of the line when I got it), but I really don't see why I'd get one to replace my laptop. As for gaming, that's not a big issue for me, as even though I'm in Game Programming right now, I don't play a lot of games on my computer...I have six game consoles I use for games.

As far as wasting money on a laptop - it just depends on how much money you have. not everyone can afford one. But it's cheaper than a car. It's cheaper than a house. I know that that's not a big concern for everyone here, but there are things in life that cost more than $10. You have to spend a lot of money on these things. A computer, and a laptop, are no different. It all comes down to your needs.
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2006, 04:49:48 am »
  • Huzzowee!
It's hard to say which is truly "better". It depends on your needs. From a technological standpoint, Desktops will always be better simply because they are in fact bigger. The physical size of the hardrive is bigger and therefore can store more, and there's always a way to make room for more components. They're easier to upgrade and overall if they don't have to move are better.

If you're not going for top-of-the-line, then a laptop would be just as good. Now, the screens are just as big as a standard pc screen, the specs are about the same, and for a bit more money you get portability, which means you aren't restricted to one room. They are definately much better for business, education or whatever other field that requires you bring your workplace to/from places.

Most of the points that were made were wrong by the way.
1.More Control a Desk top has a Mouse then a finger Pad
Small USB mouses are sold everywhere. They work great.
2.New game Come out  which need better Video Cards
A DT you can crack the case and Replace it  While LT you have to buy a new Laptop
You can upgrade laptops, it's just harder.
3. You won`t go Blind Laptops have such small Srceens you can`t see what is going on the srceen
Yeah, 14 inches is just sooo tiny.
4.DT are more stable your are on a bed play Warcraft with Buds the all of the studden you are kick from the game becuase you
erther brock you wireless connetion or Made you disc Jump and it have you Bule srceen of death
You can't use a desktop on a bed anyways... at least, it's not adviseable. You're not forced to use a laptop on your lap anyways. A laptop is potentially just as stable as any desktop of you just put it on a table.
5.Bigger is Better=P
Ever try to lug a desktop across town? Bigger is only circumstantially better.

Alright... all of them were wrong :P
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2006, 12:55:57 pm »
Desktops, theyre cheaper, have much better upgrading abilities. They dont overheat so fast, they dont need recharging.

But yes, if you really dont need a big PC for ganming or something. My sister also bought a laptop for these reasons, she doesnt want this big piece of hardware.
I have to admit, a laptop does have its charm. But I would only buy one on top of an already owned desktop. And if im rich.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 57 queries.