Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda Movie  (Read 5719 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Zelda Movie
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 10:36:24 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
It looked like it could have some potential, if
1. It wasn't april fools lol
2. Malon was it
3. Zelda ctual looked like a girl
4. Gannondorf had a better face.
5. Link didn't look like a street corner bum

Fixed :P

but yeah... I really didnt like the trailer <_< lol... I really don't think Zelda has movie potential... at all. For 1, Link NEVER talks in the games, so the idea of making a movie related character from him is only going to disappoint people... Everyone has their expectations :P... For 2, All movies based off games suck, absolute fact.
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 10:39:15 pm »
For 2, All movies based off games suck, absolute fact.
Agreed. Movies based of books, games or other franchises tend to suck horribly bady. If its not written specifically for a film, its probably not going to work :S.

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 11:35:18 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
2. Malon was it

Uh, she was, duh.
I would have liked the movie anyway. But still, MALON!
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2008, 02:57:55 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I lol'd in the beginning when the guy told Link not to talk to anyone XD

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2008, 03:12:23 am »
Agreed. Movies based of books, games or other franchises tend to suck horribly bady. If its not written specifically for a film, its probably not going to work :S.

False. Unless, of course, you mean fantasy novels or other similar works. Several fantastic movies, a lot of them Oscar winners, are based off books, including the award-winning No Country for Old Men and the excellent There Will Be Blood. As for good movies based on fantasy books, you're pretty much stuck with just The Lord of the Rings.

On-topic: this is one of the best and most elaborate April Fool's pranks ever. I gotta say this: it looked a hell of a lot better than anything Uwe Boll's done (this kicks the crap out of the trailer for Dungeon Siege).

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2008, 07:30:44 am »
  • Silly cat!
It looked like it could have some potential, if
1. It wasn't april fools lol
2. Malon was it
3. Zelda ctual looked like a girl
4. Gannondorf had a better face.
5. Link didn't look like a street corner bum

Fixed :P

but yeah... I really didnt like the trailer <_< lol... I really don't think Zelda has movie potential... at all. For 1, Link NEVER talks in the games, so the idea of making a movie related character from him is only going to disappoint people...
Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess.

False. Unless, of course, you mean fantasy novels or other similar works. Several fantastic movies, a lot of them Oscar winners, are based off books, including the award-winning No Country for Old Men and the excellent There Will Be Blood. As for good movies based on fantasy books, you're pretty much stuck with just The Lord of the Rings.

On-topic: this is one of the best and most elaborate April Fool's pranks ever. I gotta say this: it looked a hell of a lot better than anything Uwe Boll's done (this kicks the crap out of the trailer for Dungeon Siege).
Wasn't No Country for Old Men kind of crap?

Hoffy.
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2008, 08:30:04 am »

I'm pretty sure you're the first person to ever say that.

But yeah, a lot of films based on books are absolutely brilliant, and I'm just going to add A Clockwork Orange and Children Of Men to the list started by InvaderLupus.

Anyway, I think this trailer looks awesome, but I would be very sad if it was more than an April Fool's prank. I disagree with people saying Zelda couldn't be made into a good film, but I think it would be very difficult to pull off, and frankly there wouldn't be much chance of it being done right.

But there is no denying that some of the shots in that trailer kicked 400 tonnes of ass.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2008, 08:46:14 pm »
  • :D
Um, lol wut?  It has a 91 average on metacritic, not to mention all the awards:
Quote from: Wikipedia
The film was honored with numerous awards, garnering three British Academy of Film awards, two Golden Globes, and four Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Adapted Screenplay.

I haven't met a single person who hasn't liked it O_o

But yeah, a lot of films based on books are absolutely brilliant, and I'm just going to add A Clockwork Orange and Children Of Men to the list started by InvaderLupus.
qft
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2008, 04:29:49 am »
Who watches good game?
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2008, 04:36:33 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
And remember everyone - "Coming April 1st 2009"... :D

I would seriously lol if it actually turned out to be the actual release date. Oh god, I would laugh so hard...as I was watching it, because, just like Hoffy said, I'm a Zelda fanboy and that's my job. Anyway, the trailer wasn't half bad. My only real complaints are that Ganon looks like sin, Link looks like a bum, and the colors are too bright.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2008, 05:38:46 am »
  • Silly cat!
Anyway, I think this trailer looks awesome, but I would be very sad if it was more than an April Fool's prank. I disagree with people saying Zelda couldn't be made into a good film, but I think it would be very difficult to pull off, and frankly there wouldn't be much chance of it being done right.

But there is no denying that some of the shots in that trailer kicked 400 tonnes of ass.
I agree 100% with this statement. But I also wouldn't mind a Zelda movie, even if it was crap :P.

Also, I think the trailer could've been better. At any rate, it did capture the playful and adventurous aspects of the franchise, as well as all of the high fantasy epicness... but it lacked shivers in the spine area, something I like in a trailer.

Um, lol wut?  It has a 91 average on metacritic, not to mention all the awards:
Quote from: Wikipedia
The film was honored with numerous awards, garnering three British Academy of Film awards, two Golden Globes, and four Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Adapted Screenplay.

I haven't met a single person who hasn't liked it O_o
Well note the "wasn't" in my sentence. I haven't actually seen the film myself, but a few of my friends said it wasn't any good, so I didn't go see it O_o. I guess, I need to formulate an opinion myself.

Who watches good game?
If you're talking about the Australian TV show, yes, I do watch that. But I don't see what that has to do with anything :P.

Also, Ganondorf's appearance was... more beastly than human. I think there needs to be a balance.

Hoffy.
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2008, 05:46:09 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
This looked awesome...a part of me died when i found out it was a joke.
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2008, 05:51:12 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
So, I watched this a few days ago, and I think it looked alright, but defiantly not up to the standards that The Legend of Zelda sets. I don't think a Legend of Zelda movie would work well, perhaps an anime that could be fleshed out over many episodes, but a movie wouldn't do it justice. It would most likely be choppy and cut down for a fan of the series, and confusing and stupid for people who don't know anything about the series. Most likely Hollywood would screw with the plot to get good ratings and such as well (making a Link and Zelda relationship and such).

The one good thing I really liked about this trailer though was that it actually seemed more believable than most of the series. I don't know what it was, but it seemed like it really had more of a Celtic peasant feel to it than a magical adventure in a foreign land. Perhaps thats just because it was realistic after all, but it did peaked my interest.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2008, 05:55:16 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
Why the hell was Impa a villain?

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2008, 05:57:10 am »
  • Silly cat!
She's not. She's part of the "secret race that kept Link safe until this very day".

Or some nonsense.

Hoffy.
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2008, 06:03:18 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
She's not. She's part of the "secret race that kept Link safe until this very day".

Or some nonsense.
Then Hoffy tell me why she was fighting him.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2008, 06:13:17 am »
  • Silly cat!

Or some nonsense.
Take a closer look. It's not Link, it's some stupid knight guy.

Hoffy.
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2008, 06:14:24 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿

Or some nonsense.
Take a closer look. It's not Link, it's some stupid knight guy.
I'll have to check again.
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2008, 07:13:40 am »
Who watches good game?
If you're talking about the Australian TV show, yes, I do watch that. But I don't see what that has to do with anything :P.
Mm, that I am talking about. Only because they said exactly that in one of their more recent episodes, which happened to be the first time I've heard someone say it. Then a day later you post it :P.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 72 queries.