Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Palin's 17 year old daughter is pregnant  (Read 22809 times)

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
Palin's 17 year old daughter is pregnant
« on: September 01, 2008, 05:17:36 pm »
Re: Palin's 17 year old daughter is pregnant
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 05:22:42 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Since when is Teenage Americans getting pregnant a new thing? Or worth caring about?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 05:23:57 pm »
Since when is Teenage Americans getting pregnant a new thing? Or worth caring about?
QFT
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 05:25:39 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Sorry guys, couldn't help it.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 05:27:36 pm »
This is totally like "The Secret Life of an American Teenager".  I hate how McCain campaign officials are trying to make it look like it was those close to cakefarts who spread the rumors about Bristol being the real mother of Trig.  I bet if Sarah Palin wasn't an overly religious, right-wing person though who educated her daughter about birth control that this wouldn't have happened - but really, her mom telling her not to !@#$% around when her mom has five kids is just setting a bad example. 
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 05:32:51 pm »
Yet another teenage mother, this is new and exciting news.

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 05:34:34 pm »
Yeah I agree with pretty much everyone else in this topic.
It's nothing new and they had better not make a big deal out of this just because she might be the vice president.
Nobody cares about this news, it's not new.

Someone should tell her !@#$% or GTFO my news.
  • Likes to Ramble

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 05:35:10 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
There goes McCain's Religious Right Wing vote....
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 05:43:12 pm »
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 12:09:48 am »
Oddly religious right wingers are happy that the girl is not going to abort the baby and that she is getting married, so they could care less that she is underage.  But yeah, ultimately this in itself is not going to get rid of many votes.
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 12:21:18 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
I love the argument that "obviously a religious family who has a child who does something immoral is SO hypocritical!"  But it's not a big deal when an ultra-liberal does this, because they're a democrat and don't believe in such a thing as immorality so at least they're not hypocritical when they're immoral.

I think it's sad she's pregnant, like every other teenage pregnancy out of wedlock.

ROFL!  Because of the potential VP's *daughter*?  No one cares about this except the dems.

Yet another teenage mother, this is new and exciting news.
Not only a teenage mother, but a pregnant daughter of a public figure!  This has never happened before!

I bet if Sarah Palin wasn't an overly religious, right-wing person though who educated her daughter about birth control that this wouldn't have happened - but really, her mom telling her not to !@#$% around when her mom has five kids is just setting a bad example.
There's a huge gap in your logic there... then again, your facebook does say "athiest"... so I suppose you can't be expected to understand something you don't care about.

I love religion.  I love learning new and exciting things about them.  Heck, I've even read the Qur'an.  (No, not converting to Islam anytime soon.)

I'm not trying to be self-righteous, but I *am* trying to say: I like to be educated in the things I discuss.  So of course, when you understand that a Christian woman believes in only having sex after marriage, with the one they are married to... there is no hypocracy in teaching your child to do the same.

So you're using an athiest's standard of logic and applying it to a Christian family.  That doesn't work and is a fallacy in and of itself.

Oddly religious right wingers are happy that the girl is not going to abort the baby and that she is getting married, so they could care less that she is underage.
It's what we religious folks call "repentence".  Fixing a mistake.  Getting married and taking responsibility for what you've done.

Tell me... are you familiar with the Bible?
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 12:33:55 am »
My Facebook says "Atheist" so I suppose you cannot read or spell; just because I consider myself to be an atheist, that does not mean that I know nothing about religion or that you can act superior over me in your knowledge of such a thing.  It isn't a stretch to say that either abstinence education failed or that the girl was acting irresponsible. 

And from my standpoint, marriage for the sake of convenience as a means to correct a mistake is a little laughable - I only believe that people who love each other should be married.  If she loves the guy, then I am alright with that, but at her age she might not know what love is anyway.  "Moby DICK" have you read it?
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 12:35:08 am »
Quit it with the atheist bashing possum, it isn't easy points like you think.
If anyone were really impressed by bulls-eying easy targets I would've taken the fact you can't even spell it right to home base.

You know what I find the most immoral about this situation?
I just don't get why she has to keep the baby and get married, those are two huge decisions that should require years of decision and not used in an effort to clean up what is a stupid teenage mess.
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 12:37:08 am »
Her daughter decided to !@#$% someone without a condom... who cares?
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 12:51:47 am »
I find it quite pathetic you have to challenge my *spelling* to make me look bad.

And from my standpoint, marriage for the sake of convenience as a means to correct a mistake is a little laughable - I only believe that people who love each other should be married.  If she loves the guy, then I am alright with that, but at her age she might not know what love is anyway.
Well, quite obviously there are situations in which one should not get married when they have been impregnated.  It's a personal decision, clearly.

In Christianity, repentence is a subjective thing.  Usually it involves making amends with the person(s) you have wronged, and doing your best never to do it again.

In example, say you have helped someone cheat on a school assignment quite a while ago.  You know it was wrong and you should never had done it.  Obviously you cannot really make ammends when it's so far in the past, so you just vow to never do it again, and settle the rest in a personal sort of way and do your best to never do anything like it again, and be a better person now and in the future.

Quit it with the atheist bashing possum, it isn't easy points like you think.
When did I bash atheists?

I just don't get why she has to keep the baby and get married, those are two huge decisions that should require years of decision and not used in an effort to clean up what is a stupid teenage mess.
The marriage is a personal thing, and if she was giving the kid up for adoption, I doubt conservatives would have a hard time, either.
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 01:01:22 am »
Who has she wronged?
God, her mother, or the republican party?

If this were a personal situation like you say, what repercussions would you expect if she got an abortion and didn't get married?

And don't act like you respect atheism, it's quite obvious you like to tout that you can understand atheism because it's below you, but obviously an atheist could never understand any sort of religion.
This isn't court, I don't care about which exact words you use, it's bright as day.
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 01:09:51 am »
Your spelling is not making you look bad as much as your insistence on arguing nuances for the sake of arguing makes you look stubborn.  Besides, DICK Cheney's daughter ended up being a lesbian but he got used to it.  As for the nine-page paper you are referring to on Kate Chopin that you let me use that one time, I am not happy that I resorted to doing that, but then again I cannot change it; if I remember right though, that happened around the time I was suspended from school for making death threats.  I could have written the paper myself, it wasn't because I was lazy it was just that I was going through a lot then. 

Now that I think about it though, religious right-wing sounds odd.  No Hindus there, it;s more about monotheism. 

As for Palin's daughter, I do not think that it should be a campaign issue, but it will have some effect, even if it is a little insignificant on those who will vote for the ticket. 
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 01:39:23 am »
And don't act like you respect atheism, it's quite obvious you like to tout that you can understand atheism because it's below you, but obviously an atheist could never understand any sort of religion.
I didn't even imply that in the subtext!  By saying that 4Sword didn't grasp a religious person's mind, I never said I knew what an atheist's logic would consist of.  Just saying it wouldn't work when applied to a believer of Christianity.  Athiests can understand religion if they explore them fully.

And I never acted like I respect atheism: because I don't.  I respect atheists as individuals.  But I don't respect their beliefs... just their freedom to have them (which is more than I can say of you, so let's just accept that while I might be "hypocritical", you're obviously doing nothing wrong, because you're not holding yourself to the same standard that I'm trying to hold... much like I mentioned earlier in this thread: that's crap).

If this were a personal situation like you say, what repercussions would you expect if she got an abortion and didn't get married?
None in America.  Or if you're talking about the election, there might be one person who switches their vote (not exaggerating by much).

Who has she wronged?
God, her mother, or the republican party?
Respect for herself, the child inside her and her creator, sure... so I'd say possibly the first two on your list.  Especially when she's still a dependent... (not 18)

Your spelling is not making you look bad as much as your insistence on arguing nuances for the sake of arguing makes you look stubborn.
What nuances are you reffering to?

Besides, DICK Cheney's daughter ended up being a lesbian but he got used to it.
That's fine.

As for the nine-page paper you are referring to on Kate Chopin that you let me use that one time, I am not happy that I resorted to doing that, but then again I cannot change it; if I remember right though, that happened around the time I was suspended from school for making death threats.  I could have written the paper myself, it wasn't because I was lazy it was just that I was going through a lot then.
That doesn't make it right for me to have done it.  You know?  It was wrong, and could I do it over differently, I would.  I *still* feel guilty about it, because I was dishonest.  Forget my soul (and the whole religion aspect), it diminishes the person I *am*.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 01:46:45 am by 2awesome4apossum »
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 02:55:25 am »
I wouldn't think too much of it, you acted based on what you thought was right - and even if your action was wrong, you cannot do right all of the time.  The more and more you will progress through life you will realize that your past actions were stupid, to which you will make the inference that you will look back on yourself again later with the same realization.  And time moves forward so that you learn.  In the end, intention is what matters in cases of moral deliberation, and then the measure of the action follows.

The problem that I have with aspects of Christianity is that there are those who think that it makes them good just to follow it and there are those who see others who follow it as inherently good.  Bristol Palin's emendation is through the God she believes in, if that is how she believes.   I can grasp a religious person's mind, I am tormented by personal demons.

Anyway, meh, my original points from all the way back in this topic were not meant to be that serious.
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 10:30:18 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I just have to say this, possum, because of a comment of yours about respecting Atheist 'beliefs': Atheism is the lack of a belief in any gods or divine powers. I've said it before and I'll say it again, absence of belief and belief in an absence are two separate things.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.264 seconds with 76 queries.

anything