Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sudoku!  (Read 1960 times)

Sudoku!
« on: September 02, 2008, 09:49:33 pm »
  • Minalien
Well, I've been really bored as of late, and figured I'd whip together a Sudoku game.

Game Database Link: http://www.zfgc.com/index.php#?action=games&sa=view&id=73

Screenshots

GUI Updated. Gameplay works. I solved the puzzle :D

GUI Plan

I'm developing this in C#, using WinForms. I'm planning on using the ZFGC API with this project, for various features. One of which being the high scores system, and possibly charging for the use of the Hint feature, but I'm still just considering things like that. I'll probably end up releasing the source for this, after I finish (granted, without the ZFGC API parts).
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 01:11:25 am by Minalien »
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
Re: Sudoku!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 01:11:57 am »
  • Minalien
Just put an early build on the Game's Database.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 01:57:32 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Hmm, there seems to be something wrong with the download system, but this looks like a solid engine. Good job.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 02:07:11 am »
  • Minalien
Why, what's wrong with it? If need be, I can upload the archive to my reseller

• Development Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 02:53:53 am »
Let's try this again.

A sudoku game. Good job Min.

See, i'm showing positive influence for the game at hand instead of trying to find faults in it.

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 10:44:23 am »
Hmm, there seems to be something wrong with the download system, but this looks like a solid engine. Good job.
Hum? Works fine here?

mit

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 07:03:16 pm »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.
It won't be a real sudoku game until the board can solve itself while rotating behind the title screen. (shameless plug)

Alternatively, here's some suggestions:
Use shapes/colours instead of numbers, to confuse
Use a word instead of numbers, each letter being a number, so that you accidentally spell out anagrams
Add a sudoku solver. You input the numbers to start it off, it gives you the answers
Sudoku 3D. As in fancy graphics.
Sudoku 3D as in a 3 dimentional matrix - difficult to display, let alone solve
Sudoku 2D, the 2D remake of Sudoku 3D. You wouldn't actually release this, you'd just keep posting how close you are to finishing demo 4.
Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 07:23:49 pm »
  • Minalien
It won't be a real sudoku game until the board can solve itself while rotating behind the title screen. (shameless plug)
<.< To be honest, I'm not really trying to make it anything fancy, it's just something small to give me breaks from other projects.

Alternatively, here's some suggestions:
Use shapes/colours instead of numbers, to confuse
Use a word instead of numbers, each letter being a number, so that you accidentally spell out anagrams
Add a sudoku solver. You input the numbers to start it off, it gives you the answers
Sudoku 3D. As in fancy graphics.
Sudoku 3D as in a 3 dimentional matrix - difficult to display, let alone solve
Sudoku 2D, the 2D remake of Sudoku 3D. You wouldn't actually release this, you'd just keep posting how close you are to finishing demo 4.
Shapes/Colors is a good idea, but once again, this is more something just to give me a break from other projects. It's just going to be a standard Sudoku project. That takes care of the "letters instead of numbers" thing as well.

There is a "solve puzzle" feature in development. I'm going to use two to three sudoku-solving methods for it, going from most simplistic to the more advanced ones.

• Development Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 50 queries.