Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [MINALIEN] 02: Input and Displaying Images  (Read 1149 times)

[MINALIEN] 02: Input and Displaying Images
« on: September 22, 2008, 12:11:08 am »
  • Minalien
Here's the second tutorial for the series. In this, I cover development of an Input Manager game component, I cover using the input manager, and reacting to input, as well as how to display an image on the screen.

In the next tutorial, I plan to cover sprites, animation, and movement.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 08:06:13 pm by Minalien »
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
Re: 02: Input and Displaying Images
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 09:44:12 am »
One thing I noticed:
Now, jump to our constructor, and we’re going to create the object, and add it to our game’s list of
components. Add the following after our “content.RootDirectory = “Content”” line. And now, it’s time to
test it. We’re going to make some small changes to our Update function. First, we are going to replace
the current check for the Back button with the following:

Where it says "Add the following after our “content.RootDirectory = “Content”” line." it doesn't actually tell you what to add. I found out after scanning over the source, but you might want to fix that.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 06:02:02 pm »
  • Minalien
Hrm, sorry about that. I'll update the document when I get back to the barracks.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 07:26:18 pm »
  • Minalien
Fixed and re-uploaded.

• Development Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 42 queries.

anything