Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh boy, a new DS model.  (Read 2726 times)

Oh boy, a new DS model.
« on: September 28, 2008, 04:30:55 pm »
  • Your expression has changed too
http://kotaku.com/5055944/report-new-nintendo-ds-coming-this-year-with-camera-music-playback

I seem to remember Hyrule Boy saying something in the topic about the third PSP model that "even Nintendo doesn't rip their fans off that much". Looks like he was wrong.
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
Re: Oh boy, a new DS model.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 04:34:22 pm »
  • I just saved Hyrule! I'd say that's worth a kiss.
!@#$% you, a camera sounds awesome. Not to mention bigger screens.

I wonder which side the camera would be on...Facing towards the player, or away?
Prolly towards, if not adjustable...

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"
"SFPFPWMF,MAZ,BMOTAONFC" for short.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 04:35:49 pm »
!@#$% you, a camera sounds awesome. Not to mention bigger screens.
I didn't say otherwise, I'm just pissed that I'm going to have to buy a 3rd DS, seeing as the camera feature is going to be used in games. :-\
Ghoster Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 04:37:23 pm »
  • I just saved Hyrule! I'd say that's worth a kiss.
well, nobodys FORCING you to. I doubt there will be many games that REQUIRE the camera. It'll prolly be used for like, wi-fi gaming as a webcam (yay, penises ahoy!), or to put your face in the game. Nothing absolutely essential.

OH BOY! I CANT WAIT TO BOMB SOME DODONGOS SEE THE PENISES OF A BUNCH OF STRANGERS!

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"
"SFPFPWMF,MAZ,BMOTAONFC" for short.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 04:40:27 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I don't know what your talking about, this is awesome. Capitalism strikes again! If you make it, they will buy it!
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 04:40:54 pm »
well, nobodys FORCING you to. I doubt there will be many games that REQUIRE the camera. It'll prolly be used for like, wi-fi gaming as a webcam (yay, penises ahoy!), or to put your face in the game. Nothing absolutely essential.
We'll see. I just hope the improved wireless functions include WPA support.
Ghoster Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 04:54:01 pm »
A ds with a camera.......

a camera....

camera....

The only thing that seems a little cool is the music playback. No clue how the heck you will get your music on it. Although i heard it may have an sd card slot, so i guess you could transfer music with an sd card, that would mean you would still need an sd card reader/writer for your computer. Although flashcards can easily add music playback for you and you don't need an sd card reader for that. I don't know, adding a camera seems kind of stupid. That's just my opinion though.

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 05:05:47 pm »
Lawl, no wonder the DS Lite dropped to $100 instead of being $150.
>_<
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 05:20:00 pm »
I agree with FISSURE, this really sounds like a rather pointless upgrade. But, much like the pointless (and endless) iPod models, it'll probably sell like crazy.

Also, I think it's funny how people hated on the PSP's new pointless model but praise Nintendo's genius minds for the new pointless DS model.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 05:25:50 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Not to mention bigger screens.

What?

Also, I think it's funny how people hated on the PSP's new pointless model but praise Nintendo's genius minds for the new pointless DS model.

I hated on the model simply because I just got a Slim not even a few months ago (plus it just came out at the end of last year) and they already have a new one coming out with slighty better features.

Anyways, I might end up getting this as I've been wanting to get a DS (I've been playing my sister's lololol).
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 01:13:44 am »
You can already do this with a DS, minus the camera.

Flash carts ftw
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 01:33:25 am »
  • Wu tang Forever
Do not want this upgrade.
To me the camera is completely pointless and I hope that it's not used in many games.
I already have an mp3 player that is easier to carry around and plays music better than the DS will....
plus flash carts like Swift said.
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 01:53:10 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 03:35:19 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 03:39:35 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Like I said in chat when this was first mentioned yesterday- "This is why I dislike Nintendo now".

Sorry, but I had never felt more ripped off than when I bought 2 GBA's when they came out... only to have model after model shoved down my throat... Same with DS... Bought it the year it came out... and bam!

I love my DS, but this crap just bugs me
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 03:44:16 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
I'll stick with my Electric Blue phat DS tyvm.

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 03:44:36 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
Like I said in chat when this was first mentioned yesterday- "This is why I dislike Nintendo now".

Sorry, but I had never felt more ripped off than when I bought 2 GBA's when they came out... only to have model after model shoved down my throat... Same with DS... Bought it the year it came out... and bam!

I love my DS, but this crap just bugs me
Especially considering the "new features" they are adding are by no means new technology. They could have just as easily put this into the original plans. The only reason Nintendo is doing this is because they are loosing quite a bit of their customers for the DS to the PSP or the I Phone because they have games, music players, and the i phone has a camera.  They are simply trying to bring those customers back to them. I doubt there will be any really significant game play features that use the "new features" except maybe adding yourself into a game.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 03:54:55 am »
I do not think Nintendo is losing that many customers to the PSP or iPhone, but rather adding features to existing hardware for people willing to pay for it means that Nintendo will make more profits for less development costs.  As with the GBA Micro, that was released not for mass market consumption, but simply because it was cheap for Nintendo and made them some money.

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 03:59:10 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
I do not think Nintendo is losing that many customers to the PSP or iPhone, but rather adding features to existing hardware for people willing to pay for it means that Nintendo will make more profits for less development costs.  As with the GBA Micro, that was released not for mass market consumption, but simply because it was cheap for Nintendo and made them some money.

Yeah basically they are trying to expand their consumer market while not spending much at all to do it. I mean this will bring some who haven't been interested in the DS before, but probably not many.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 03:59:36 am »
As far as I've heard, it's supposed to be Japan-exclusive.  It would be like that DVD Wii that never came out, an extra thing for people that want it, but not necessary for games.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 74 queries.