Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The thing about LBP is that its easily the most innovative game this generation  (Read 3532 times)

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
The thing about LBP is that its easily the most...
« on: October 04, 2008, 05:15:36 am »
And its not on a Nintendo console. And you know what? That warms my heart, because Nintendo and it's fans have talked about nothing except "innovation," like they truly know what that means. Bad graphics? Gameplay is better anyway. Broken online? The core gameplay is the main point of the game anyway. Constrictive controller design? It benefits the industry as a whole and pushes creativity.

MY ASS.

LittleBigPlanet is the most creative and imaginative game of this generation, and easily has the best graphics and art style to date. Not only does it use a regular controller, but it's on the ever-so-horrible PS3, you know, that $600 paperweight you Nintendrones always talked about?

This game is wonderful, not only for the great idea and great presentation, but also for the fact that it points a really huge middle finger at nintendo fans. They have nothing like this, and never will, because their system is just a money maker for Nintendo. It does NOTHING to push the industry forward.

Discuss.

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
Re: The thing about LBP is that its easily the ...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 05:23:20 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
I haven't gotten to play this yet, but it is on my to do list as it does look like a very intriguing game.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 05:43:49 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
But LBP is for little babies. Wii is for hardcore people lolz.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 05:44:44 am »
  • I just saved Hyrule! I'd say that's worth a kiss.
LittleBigPlanet is the most creative and imaginative game of this generation
Says who? That's a simple matter of opinion. Physics-based gameplay is definately nothing new.

Multiplayer, level creation, and character customization have all been around since the 5th console generation or earlier.

Actually, these all actually predate modern video games. Multiplayer-oh god, even animals play games together. Physics- Mouse Trap. Character customization- Monopoly. Custom levels- D&D

If you want to get technical, these things seriously all predate written language. People played games with one another, made places in which to play games, and dressed themselves up however they wanted. Yay cavemen! And physics is a part of just about any sport, and I'm fairly certaint physics have existed at least as long as the universe has existed.

and easily has the best graphics and art style to date.
LAAAAAAAAWL
What are you even talking about? The best graphics of any game ever? In a technical standpoint, that goes to Crysis, I think anyone could tell you that. And the art style, to me, does not look terribly interesting. To me it looks like a nicer-looking Pikmin art style.

Not only does it use a regular controller, but it's on the ever-so-horrible PS3, you know, that $600 paperweight you Nintendrones always talked about?
And why the hell it isn't on the 360 as well is beyond me. It would sell much better, no doubt. All the PS3 owners I know are retards who wouldn't buy a "cutesy" game like this.

And there's nothing really wrong with the Wiimote. Ok, waggle does gets old, but the pointer still provides fresh new ways to play.

This game is wonderful, not only for the great way they threw together a bunch of already-existing gameplay elements from different games and great presentation
fixed'

but also for the fact that it points a really huge middle finger at nintendo fans. They have nothing like this, and never will, because their system is just a money maker for Nintendo. It does NOTHING to push the industry forward.
Now this is just shallow and silly.

Think about it. Nintendo is working to lure casual gamers into gaming. if they can get these people hooked, and turn the casual gamer into actual gamers, gaming can continue to grow as an industry, and more people will play games. More people play games, making games becomes more profitable. More games are made, and more competition ensues, and games will continue to innovate.

Oh, and I already have a game on the wii vaguely similar to this. Physics-based gameplay? Multiplayer? Level creation? It's called Elebits (Eledees in the UK) . It's quite fun.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 06:07:50 am by Aliento »

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"
"SFPFPWMF,MAZ,BMOTAONFC" for short.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 06:18:48 am »
Oh, and I already have a game on the wii vaguely similar to this. Physics-based gameplay? Multiplayer? Level creation? It's called Elebits (Eledees in the UK) . It's quite fun.

You trash LBP (GOTE) and praise FREAKING ELEBITS? ROFL

*disregards*
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 06:34:25 am »
  • I just saved Hyrule! I'd say that's worth a kiss.
You trash LBP (GOTE) and praise FREAKING ELEBITS? ROFL
Notice I never actually "trashed" LBP.
I actually have a good amount of respect for the game. However, it is not nearly the Jesusaurus Rex you make it out to be.

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"
"SFPFPWMF,MAZ,BMOTAONFC" for short.

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 06:47:15 am »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
And its not on a Nintendo console. And you know what? That warms my heart, because Nintendo and it's fans have talked about nothing except "innovation," like they truly know what that means. Bad graphics? Gameplay is better anyway. Broken online? The core gameplay is the main point of the game anyway. Constrictive controller design? It benefits the industry as a whole and pushes creativity.

MY ASS.

LittleBigPlanet is the most creative and imaginative game of this generation, and easily has the best graphics and art style to date. Not only does it use a regular controller, but it's on the ever-so-horrible PS3, you know, that $600 paperweight you Nintendrones always talked about?

This game is wonderful, not only for the great idea and great presentation, but also for the fact that it points a really huge middle finger at nintendo fans. They have nothing like this, and never will, because their system is just a money maker for Nintendo. It does NOTHING to push the industry forward.

Discuss.

I'm not gonna discuss if you're right or wrong on this, I'm just gonna say you present a horrible arguement for the shear fact its more "!@#$% you nintendo" than actually content filled and informative... examples of your points would be nice. Otherwise, congrats on a new flame war.
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 06:48:18 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Am I the only one who doesn't think this game is even remotely appealing?
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 06:54:01 am »
Something I love about the game:

Before the annoying Wii came out which has nearly no good games, the major argument from Ps3 and X-box was 'LOLZ NINTENDO ONLY HAS BABY GAMES U BABY' and now here's this, Little Big Planet. A game which, according to swoftu, is the best game of this generation. However, due to the fact that Sony fanboys only care for Bang Bang lets kill random people for no particulur reason with weapons which don't make any sense in ways that are totally unrealistic and stupid and not think before doing any of this, while LBP is the complete opposite.

Due to the fact the PS3 is advertised to people like I described above, I don't think this will get much attention from Ps3 owners, while Nintendo advertises initiative, creativity, and imagination (Not that I think their games are any of these... their idea of initiative is educational crap and more games in the franchise) and so the people who own a Wii would be much more open to such a concept and could possibly become more interactive with the Wiimote, You could pull and push stuff around, you could throw things, and so on.

Despite that, the game looks full of initiative and creativity, I'd love to make a catapult in it and fire a flaming rock at someone.
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 06:54:32 am »

I agree with this post.

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 07:00:45 am »

I agree with this post.

That makes no sense.

And I do agree with CA, swoftu, you really need to learn to present your case more carefully. This topic really seems like you found some game with creativity and just used it to take the !@#$% out of nintendo. Basically you said "LBP had creativty and it's not for Nintendo. Nintendo !@#$% sucks!!!"

Also, for your nintendo sucks argument, you only have one example of an innovative game for a system other than Nintendo, and use this to say that Nintendo is not as innovative as Sony, without considering other arguments.
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 11:06:24 am »
Erm While his post is in basic a !@#$% you nintendo post it does hold some good points to back up his argument...Theres not much detail albeit but he still includes points to back his argument.

As for this game? !@#$% impossible to get a Beta :( If I get one, I'll wank into the faces of a billion virgins.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 11:11:35 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I'll wank into the faces of a billion virgins.

Not with that attitude you wont :P Virgins don't like people who try to get betas of video games! proven fact! lol

Anyway; same point as before for me... I don't find this game that interesting; but I wont knock it before I try it... Once it's out I'll give it a whirl
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 11:13:14 am »
I'll wank into the faces of a billion virgins.

Not with that attitude you wont :P Virgins don't like people who try to get betas of video games! proven fact! lol

:-[ They love it they do, They love it!

cookie to whoever gets the quote
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 02:40:19 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Penis levels.

That is all.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 03:10:54 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev

MY ASS.

Discuss.
QFT
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 06:13:10 pm »
I agree with Swiftu. Little Big Planet has an intense level of customization, physics never seen in a side-scroller platformer since... ever. And it's so damn fun with friends. You can keep on saying it's bland bland bland, but you'd have to see it to believe us. Maybe you'd even have to play it. If you thought !@#$% Smash Bros Brawl was fun and entertaining, then this definitely is.
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 06:26:33 pm »
It's going to be a good game, sure. It'll probably even be great. But it's not going to be the Bible of gaming. This game is getting too much hype. So did Brawl, and Spore. Those are good games. But not godsends, and neither is this.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 06:39:06 pm »
  • :3
It's going to be a good game, sure. It'll probably even be great. But it's not going to be the Bible of gaming. This game is getting too much hype. So did Brawl, and Spore. Those are good games. But not godsends, and neither is this.
QFT
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 06:41:03 pm »
huh?...Grudge?!
And this isn't a game that will change anything, sure it seems great and maybe fun...but meh.
...did you really have to include a comment about the wii to make this topic get some attention?
Also, best graphics up to...lol wut? C'mon, find a better game to use as a/n backup/excuse.

PS:This also shows that you may be a PS3 fan of some kind who found just one good game coming out on the PS3 and tried to talk sh*t about another system...they do look cute tho ^.^
This is an english website, please speak it.
l0l wut? o_0
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 74 queries.