Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The effects of Marijuana usage on a web forum.  (Read 2303 times)

The effects of Marijuana usage on a web forum.
« on: November 04, 2008, 10:47:39 am »
  • Minalien
Come on, now, Tim (4Sword Tim). Isn't there some sort of quality that you look for? At the very least, EFFORT? INTERESTING PROJECTS? Ones that aren't admittedly just a sprite replacement (and not many sprites were even replaced) by the developer?

Come now, why the hell is there a Project of the Week if you've got better odds getting selected for it by you than we'd have with a randomly-generated selector?

fixed it for you. I don't care if you're pissed, or you take my ability to do anything there. It seriously needed to be done. Don't just randomly choose some !@#$% project when there's something with some damn quality, that had effort put into it, please.

Suggestion for improvement:
HAVE PEOPLE (at the VERY least, staff) !@#$% VOTE ON PROJECT OF THE WEEK PROJECTS.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 11:05:54 am by Minalien »
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

DJvenom

super-sage
Re: The effects of Marijuana usage on a web foru...
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 11:26:52 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
I have to agree with this... I mean I love TKM and all, and everyone has to start somewhere with game maker, and sprite editing is usually where to begin. But Project of the week? For one it isn't a "project" technically. It's complete, and is admittedly a simple edit. Choosing it over some of the other games posted in the WIP forum is simply absurd. Again, I'm not trying to be harsh or offensive to TKM's game... But there are just projects out there with more... How do I say... (Effort?) Put into them.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 02:13:22 pm »
Wow, no wonder people hate you a little.  Rather than editing over me, you could have sent this as a PM or something.  The simple fact of the matter is that there is not always going to be an interesting project to cover and had I picked something else this week, I would still have to pick something else next week.  The project of the week is also not chosen based on what is in the WIP forum, but what is posted to the WIP on the site which further limits my choices.

Also, I am not on the staff, the past Weekly is incomplete due to the fact that I had to do it all on my own again and cannot sticky topics or move them out of Community Speak for the Big Question, etc.  You flip out over one little thing.  I mean honestly, when are you here and not mad about something.

To further whatever, I am trying to get people who posted their projects on NCFC to post a project page if they haven't already, and I have tried to convince the makers of the Community Project to put it up. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 02:41:32 pm by 4Sword »

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 04:05:34 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Hey Min, when you finally get that huge stick out of your ass; Let us all know alright?
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 05:04:50 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
Min, what was the point of posting this? more could be accomplished by sending this as a PM to the relevant people instead of bitching in an open post. Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but It sounds like you're whining because your project Isn't Project of the week (Im pretty sure It was you who advertised the need for an artist a while ago?). I think the staff have been doing a great job with things like ZFGC Weekly and the featured project.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 11:08:10 pm »
I agree with Min. It's an edit of a game maker example, was probably just a demo rather than a game and some poor choice was made when choosing the "Project of the Week" this week.

Min, what was the point of posting this? more could be accomplished by sending this as a PM to the relevant people instead of bitching in an open post. Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but It sounds like you're whining because your project Isn't Project of the week (Im pretty sure It was you who advertised the need for an artist a while ago?). I think the staff have been doing a great job with things like ZFGC Weekly and the featured project.

Min's not the type of guy who looks for attention for his projects unless it's absolutely neccesary. And don't make leg-less assumptions.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 11:14:43 pm by Reo »
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 11:22:18 pm »
  • Minalien
Actually, I posted it and the edit to the PotW just to !@#$% you off after you did something that was quite !@#$% retarded, 4Sword. You see, the concept behind things like a Project of the Week is to post the better-looking projects every week, even if they've had PotW space before. It gives the developers something to strive for, rather than "Oh, hey, I might be randomly chosen for PotW this week."

Had I wanted one of my own projects up there, I would have put one of them instead of Tikta's Black Crown project, which, from what I can see, is one of the very few projects that has actually had any amount of WORK done on them.

And quite frankly, I don't give a damn what people think of me. I don't know why you people fail to notice that and decide to point out reasons like that, or even bring it up. You're a cool guy, but you've got this !@#$% annoying habit of if making long, pointlessly drawn out messages about everything, where you over-analyze every pointless little detail. And the worst part is, you try to make every !@#$% thing equal. Here's the news: NOT EVERYTHING IS EQUAL. ESPECIALLY game development projects. So start looking at them objectively and have some sort of god-damned standard, or start having members nominate and vote for projects.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 11:26:28 pm »
Look, I had to set up the Halloween Contest mostly by myself, this week's Weekly was done completely by me and was incomplete due to the fact that I am not able to sticky topics in Community Speak or move them out of there, and I have been a little busy with school.  Like I said, I have to think ahead when I make a pick, and there isn't a lot to work with anymore.  Editing it now is dumb in that the edit would be here for even less time and it still stands that I can use whatever project later.

Anyway, yeah, get over it.  TKM's project isn't even that bad considering that it has sound effects and is basically what a lot of the more inexperienced users do anyway - i.e. editing something that was not originally there own.  Besides, for all you know, I may have picked it for the controversy or whatever.  I had intended to make a review of it for the hell of it, but like I said I was busy.
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 11:29:17 pm »
This should be sorted out over pm. Locked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 52 queries.