Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Repo! The Genetic Opera  (Read 1571 times)

TKM

A 7-ton chicken that would eat Colonel Sanders
Repo! The Genetic Opera
« on: November 14, 2008, 07:56:11 am »
  • Chippy is more of a gopher than you'll ever be.
Holy crap where do I even start? Ok, I've been waiting for this movie since last year. It's directed by Darren Lynn Bousman of Saw fame (also from Overland Park, just south of where I live in Kansas City) and produced by the same studios as Saw. Repo is a gothic rock opera, and might I say it's one of the most badass things I've seen in a loooong time.

Right now, Darren and his co-creators are trying to garner enough support for the movie for a major theatrical release, but for now they're doing a small 8-town road tour. Kansas City was their 4th stop, and according to the site, the only three left are Pittsburgh, Atlanta, and Orlando. Though I hear Toronto was also added to the schedule, but I don't know if that show has passed or is coming up.

I just got back from seeing them today, and I got to meet Darren and the co-creator Terrance Zdunich (also stars in the movie as the grave robber. In the trailer, he's the one in the dumpster who says "take it slow.") They are such awesome people and I got a lot of !@#$% signed like the dorky little fanboy I am, and just the rush from the whole night has yet to go away. So, I highly suggest this film to anyone.

here's the trailer.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxKKv5LOZYY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxKKv5LOZYY</a>

Oh, also, cookies to anyone who can guess who the woman with black hair who says "One more hit, for the show. Make it fast..." is played by.
What you should be doing is taking off your top and getting killed by Greg Kinear.
Re: Repo! The Genetic Opera
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 09:16:56 am »
Paris Hilton. :P

I am SO !@#$% EXCITED for this movie. I absolutely hate the Saw franchise, but this is going to be EPIC. The soundtrack is fantastic.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 12:22:35 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
LOL PARIS HILTON!!!!!!!!

Okay, I never knew this movie was coming out, but now that I do, I'm very excited. Looks spectacular! There's a guy in there who looks a bit like Dani Filth, but I know it isn't.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

TKM

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 07:53:43 pm »
yeah, that's Terrance Zdunich as the grave robber. I thought Dani Filth the first time I saw it, too.

lolz Racoon Boy. You already knew so it doesn't count XD No cookies for you!

But yeah, this movie also stars Sara Brightman from Nightwish and Ogre from Skinny Puppy. If you're fans of either, you should be able to point out who is who in that trailer.
What you should be doing is taking off your top and getting killed by Greg Kinear.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 08:16:52 pm »
LOL PARIS HILTON!!!!!!!!

Okay, I never knew this movie was coming out, but now that I do, I'm very excited. Looks spectacular! There's a guy in there who looks a bit like Dani Filth, but I know it isn't.

A bit like? Jesus !@#$% he looks like a twin of him O_o even after saying its not him I still thought it was XD
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 08:20:01 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
What the hell did I just watch.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

TKM

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 08:49:19 pm »

The best thing to ever see the light of a movie screen

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 10:17:00 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
But yeah, this movie also stars Sara Brightman from Nightwish and Ogre from Skinny Puppy. If you're fans of either, you should be able to point out who is who in that trailer.

I'm sorry TKM, but Sarah Brightman's not from Nightwish. Just pointing that out. :)

Sex in a can.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

TKM

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 10:38:02 pm »
really? I thought I heard my sister in law say she sang with nightwish before... she may not be regularly from there but she's done stuff with nightwish before.
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 10:39:24 pm »
really? I thought I heard my sister in law say she sang with nightwish before... she may not be regularly from there but she's done stuff with nightwish before.

I think thats her general career, last song I heard of hers was with Manowars frontman.

TKM

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 07:05:24 am »
really? i'd like to hear that. well obviously i guess i haven't been a devout brightman follower, but her role in Repo! is just awesome.
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 01:06:21 pm »
really? i'd like to hear that. well obviously i guess i haven't been a devout brightman follower, but her role in Repo! is just awesome.

Its a wierd song tight butthole, compared to Eric Adams other stuff but yeah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoDql7eYG3k

TKM

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 04:05:21 pm »
hm.. interesting. but after seeing repo, i want to see her doing more black metal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.387 seconds with 61 queries.

anything