Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jar  (Read 5604 times)

Jar
« on: November 24, 2008, 07:18:36 am »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
JAR

Character Biography

Year of Creation: 2003
Jar is the secondary member of the Pwn Squad, a group formed to protect the l33t in the world from the injustices posed by the Dark Lord Snickers and her cronies. Jar is by far the most rational of the group, always having a clever idea or some words of wisdom to offset Dude's ego and Box's inanity. Jar could be considered a quiet and classy individual. He is best known for his frequent verbose outlashes against "tacoes." Unfortunately, Jar is prone to the persuasion of the dark side. During the raid at Castle teh Evil, lair of the Dark Lord Snickers, Jar is smashed into thousands of pieces. In order to save his life, Dude and Box find tape lying around in the castle and put him back together. Unbeknownst to them, however, the tape was planted by the N-Gages, and it causes Jar to form the N-Jar, a taco loving maniac who later forms the Anti Pwn Squad, a group of pure anti-l33t nonames who do absolutely nothing to stop the Pwn Squad from making the day l33t, yet are still intimidating nonetheless. Jar is eventually returned to his previous tacoes hating state, and he goes on more adventures with the group. At one point, Link, the fifth and least original member of the group, travels to a future where he had been killed by Snickers on the Snickah Bombah, Snickers' personal battleship built from the Evil Dictator's First Build It Yourself Battleship Playset for Cats. Link finds the entire Pwn Squad in a state of distress, Dude had not shaved in years, Box became an intelligent, witty individual, l33t became the new swordmaster of the Rabid Sored, a gift from TheRabidWombat in the Pwn Squad's adventures to ZFGC, and Jar was inconspicuously absent. It is later revealed that Jar now holds the peanut butter in the pantry. Soon enough Link corrects this future to the way things should be, and Jar is released from his peanut butter prison as Box used up the last of the peanut butter. Jar is also the hero in the battle against the group's first adversary, Alium, as he pwned it by enclosing it within himself.

That would be Jar in a nutshell. To really get a feel for Jar you'd have to read some comics, which I'm gonna try to remake some, they're too faded to scan from how old they are.

FAQ
What's up with the art style?

Jar is the secondary character in a series of comic strips I drew in 8th grade during math class called Pwn Squad. It was intended to be satire on the internet community in general, and eventually got its own plotline as it developed. You have to remember that the comic is set in the year 2003, and the internet was still fairly fresh concept, although it already had its own unique culture. MySpace and Facebook didn't exist, Google was just hitting mainstream, ZFGC was a baby. roflcopters, l33t sp34k, r0><0rz t3h b0><0rz, the whole works, were still in fashion. I always thought some people took these fads too far, so I decided to take it one step further with Pwn Squad. Every comic was handdrawn, most about 12 panels in length, taking up a full sheet of notebook paper. The series spanned two full 120-sheet notebooks, with some loose bonus comics, most of which I've lost. I aimed for a very minimalist approach with drawing, just enough detail to distinguish what is being depicted, but other than that, a complete utter lack of respect for the realm of artistic merit. The characters DID eventually evolve past OMG!!1!!four!!q, and I hope to get some comics remade for online viewing before the contest begins.

Why does Jar hate tacoes?

Jar is the second member of the Pwn Squad. One of the Pwn Squad's mortal enemies, the N-Gage, is a group of mercenary metal tacos bent on converting the world into talking sideways into their cellphones and playing half-baked ports of Sonic Advance. As Pwn Squad defend the l33t of the world, the N-Gage seek to destroy it.

Yeah, but why so little effort on him?

The whole charm of the series is the mix of clever satire and characterization, mixed with a total lack of effort on certain aspects that are usually considered vital to the success of a media character today. I assure you Jar was not made up in five seconds, he fills a special niche in Pwn Squad and Pwn Squad^2, the sequel.

Art:
- I'LL GET THIS UP LATER -

Signatures:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/13z6glh.png[/img]

Misc Info:
Vote for Jar, he's l33t, yo. Also, Pyra 4 Admin.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 03:40:15 am by walnut100 »
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
Re: Jar
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 02:09:43 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Pyra/Jar '08!
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 09:49:22 pm »
.. I love tacos so no vote for jar from me ;(
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 10:15:15 pm »
!@#$% yeah Jar! Seriously, there is nothing a jar can't do.  When I was younger, I would use washed out peanut butter jars to store coins and sometimes LEGO.  The only problem I foresee is if Jar is shown next to its own reflection, thus creating, Jar Jar.  God help us.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 11:15:08 pm »
You should use the Jar in your avatar as it looks about a hundred times better.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 11:21:48 pm »
  • Xiphirx

Because that is what counts most.

I love the idea wally <3. But I like tacos ;-;
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 11:24:41 pm »

well right now it seems like he has nothing else goin for him.
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 11:26:02 pm »
According to his art section, there is more coming later, so I don't think that what he has now is the end of it.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 11:27:49 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.

well right now it seems like he has nothing else goin for him.
Can you not see he hates Tacoes?
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 11:38:27 pm »
Yes I see he does not like tacos, how a Jar can dislike a taco I am not quite sure. Nor do I care.
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 11:51:38 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Yes I see he does not like tacos, how a Jar can dislike a taco I am not quite sure. Nor do I care.

*sigh*

Why do you have to take is seriously? It's a character comp. and if you don't care, don't comment.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 12:53:24 am »

*sigh*

Why do you have to take is seriously? It's a character comp. and if you don't care, don't comment.

I actually enter these contests and comment on them for the art, more than the story.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 12:54:37 am »
  • Xiphirx

*sigh*

I actually enter these contests and comment on them for the art, more than the story.

There is your problem. These character contests are for originality and story.
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 12:55:42 am »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
.. I love tacos so no vote for jar from me ;(

Aye, but Jar hates tacoes, and not tacos :D
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 03:27:26 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Same can be said about yours, so drop it? Just don't vote for him rather then trolling walnut.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 05:46:19 am »
Rocky the Rock says that he wasn't trolling, rocky the rock says Tacoes and tacos for everyone, including Jar.
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2008, 11:35:31 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Jalapeño loves tacoes. Therefore a battle line is drawn.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2008, 05:58:13 am »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 70 queries.

anything