Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dragon Ball Z being re-edited in Japan!  (Read 1842 times)

Dragon Ball Z being re-edited in Japan!
« on: February 06, 2009, 10:00:38 pm »
  • Your expression has changed too
http://www.daizex.com

http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=9719

Quote from: kei17
Finally, we got the BIGGEST news ever. The totally renewed DBZ will start in April 5th.

(From Shonen Jump)

Translation:

20th anniversary of Dragon Ball Z!
The legend of Z will be back with the newest digital technology!!
Starts at 9:00AM in April 5th 2009, on Fuji TV!!

1. More exciting by re-editing!!: The footage will be totally re-edited and HD-remastered!!
2. New opening and ending!!: Both footage and songs will be renewed! The sound effects in the show will also be renewed!!
2. Superb seiyus will gather for the show!!: The show will be re-dubbed by the original casts!!

Edit: This is not from a certain source, but I found the following post on a Toei-related thread in 2ch.
680 名前: 名無しさん名無しさん Mail: sage 投稿日: 2009/02/06(金)
リメイクといっても
昔のテレビシリーズのフィルムをデジタルリマスターしたものを
素材にに再編集、デジタルエフェクトなどを加えたもの。
音響はアフレコなどをやり直してすべて新しくなる。
作画を新作するのはオープニングとエンディングだけ。
291話あった旧シリーズを100話くらいに再構成するらしい。
This post says that the number of episodes will be about 100. They will reconstruct the whole episodes.
And They won't redraw the footage in the show. Only some digital effects will be added.

!@#$% YES! Re-edited to shorten the series, redubed by the fantastic Japanese voice actors, frames extended to be widescreen (NOT cropping like FUNimation did, they're actually extending the frames by animating more on the sides), and remastered in 1080p! The re-edited Dragon Ball Z starts airing in Japan on April 5, 2009! This is going to be !@#$% awesome!
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
Re: Dragon Ball Z being re-edited in Japan!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 10:58:31 pm »
  • Oh.
Wow!  You get to watch DBZ reruns again!  Lets do something productive!
Hm.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 01:54:53 am »
Wow!  You get to watch DBZ reruns again!  Lets do something productive!
?

If you don't care about the subject matter don't post in the topic. Like you said, do something productive instead.
Ghoster Poster

gm112

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 03:54:11 am »
Reconstructing every episode, eh? This is interesting. I wonder if they'll attempt to remove the corniness that each episode had :S. Then again, I watched the english dub only :(. I'm looking forward to seeing this.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 06:07:09 am »
That's awesome! If and when it's released on DVD I'll pick it up/import for sure.
the a o d c
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 07:45:19 am »
Reconstructing every episode, eh? This is interesting. I wonder if they'll attempt to remove the corniness that each episode had :S. Then again, I watched the english dub only :(. I'm looking forward to seeing this.
It depends on how FUNimation decides to dub it. If they decide they're going to treat DBZ the same way they always have it'll still be corny. If they actually follow the Japanese script for once it won't be. When they redubbed the first two seasons with their in-house cast, they barely changed the scripts at all, so my guess is they'll dub it the way they always have. IF they ever dub it that is. Knowing FUNi and their love to milk the series, I'm sure they'll make some kind of deal with Toei to get the new footage.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 07:47:01 am by Takuthehedgehog »
Ghoster Poster

gm112

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 08:14:28 am »
It depends on how FUNimation decides to dub it. If they decide they're going to treat DBZ the same way they always have it'll still be corny. If they actually follow the Japanese script for once it won't be. When they redubbed the first two seasons with their in-house cast, they barely changed the scripts at all, so my guess is they'll dub it the way they always have. IF they ever dub it that is. Knowing FUNi and their love to milk the series, I'm sure they'll make some kind of deal with Toei to get the new footage.
Interesting. Well, all I can say is we can hope that FUNimation will stay true to the series as possible. I don't understand why, but it seems lately that bringing back older animes has become some sort of trend. Last year we had Rebuild of Evangelion for crying out loud >_>. Then again, who am I to be complaining? I think it's awesome.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 11:46:17 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Funimation isn't the only one with an official dub... *points at OCEAN of Canada*. You guys seem to forget that Funimations dub sucks ass <_<

Anyway this is pretty neat I think. I'd probably never watch it again, and I'm afraid they're going to throw in a ton of CG... :\
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 12:22:50 pm »
  • 笑い男
* hawthorneluke will be watching this raw as it airs >:D
!@#$% all your dub !@#$% O_o lol

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 05:17:18 pm »

Funimation isn't the only one with an official dub... *points at OCEAN of Canada*. You guys seem to forget that Funimations dub sucks ass <_<

Anyway this is pretty neat I think. I'd probably never watch it again, and I'm afraid they're going to throw in a ton of CG... :\
Yeah, but after it finished it's run on TV, the Ocean dub never got a home release. You can only get the first two edited seasons of the Ocean dub on DVD. Ocean hasn't dubbed anything DBZ since the series ended, whereas FUNi has been doing the movies and video games. I suppose if it aired on TV in America Ocean Studios might dub it, but at this point any English dub is speculation. And yes, FUNi's dub sucks ass, but the Ocean dub uses the same exact scripts. :P
Ghoster Poster
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.375 seconds with 71 queries.

anything