Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dragonball Evolution was ok  (Read 4726 times)

Dragonball Evolution was ok
« on: March 20, 2009, 05:47:52 am »
The movie seemed to go by pretty fast, There didn't seem to be much actual fighting until like the last 10 minutes (insert dragonball z joke here).  It was ok, It really looks like the dude who plays goku forgot his lines during the part where he explains gohan's death to roshi though.

Re: Dragonball Evolution was ok
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 06:29:53 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
"I'm not even going to pirate this !@#$%."
Quoting myself from a previous conversation with Wally when he said it was leaked.

I had a whole opinion typed up on this, but honestly, I just... I don't like it, at all.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 06:30:56 am »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
How hard could it be to say "My grandpa was trampled to death by a giant monkey?"

Although I suppose they changed almost everything about the series, so that probably didn't happen.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 06:36:09 am »
How hard could it be to say "My grandpa was trampled to death by a giant monkey?"

Although I suppose they changed almost everything about the series, so that probably didn't happen.

It didn't

Spoilers:
Piccalo force choked him, then force destroyed his house on him.

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 06:42:37 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
LOLWAT

... !@#$% you Ben Ramsey.

I bet this !@#$%'s never even watched Dragon Ball.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 06:52:04 am »
LOLWAT

... !@#$% you Ben Ramsey.

I bet this !@#$%'s never even watched Dragon Ball.

also

spoilers:
Roshi uses the kamehameha wave to heal goku who is dying when he got shot or whatever

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 05:34:27 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Roshi uses the kamehameha wave to heal goku who is dying when he got shot or whatever

> Goku
> Shot
> Wounded
> Using Kamehameha to heal

Ohuguys just keep on ruining the fun.
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 07:42:42 pm »
sounds like a fun movie
  • Google Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 09:43:31 pm »
I actually quite liked it. I mean okay I know it strays so far off dragonball, and some parts were pretty crap. It wasn't that bad. I actually forgot it was dragonball which is probably why I liked it a bit...
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 03:18:38 am »
I'm looking forward to it. I don't actually like Dragon Ball any more, I just grew up with it, so I don't really mind all the changes. I'm just going in expecting some good, stupid fun.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 03:39:41 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
I'm still watching it for the lulz.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 10:41:50 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
The movie was stupid... It was a horrible bastardization of the original "Goku" story from the get-go... For one, Dragonball was based off of Journey to the West. Goku was supposed to be the "Monkey God" in the form of a man with monkey features. This movie didn't have anything close to that outside of Goku turning into his ape form in the later part of the film. Minus the tail anyway.

Even if the movie is a *different take* on Dragonball, it strayed too far from the original intent of its subject to even be considered a decent film.

If you want live-action dragonball, here you go-
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iUMWy4hqAg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iUMWy4hqAg</a>

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 10:44:05 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 08:27:23 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I never even liked Dragonball or Dragonball Z that much (I watched it but I didn't care if I missed 10 or so episodes, i.e half a fight scene)...and this topic still makes me sad :(
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 08:33:28 pm by TheDarkJay »

gm112

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 08:43:10 pm »
Live action adoptions of anime usually doesn't go as well as planned :S. I mean, the only other one I've watched is the Death Note one and that one strayed a little bit away from the original, but sorta kept true in its own way. I doubt I'll ever pick up this movie. It sounds like it would turn FISSURE into nutmeg ;-;
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 08:49:32 pm »
Live action adoptions of anime usually doesn't go as well as planned :S. I mean, the only other one I've watched is the Death Note one and that one strayed a little bit away from the original, but sorta kept true in its own way. I doubt I'll ever pick up this movie. It sounds like it would turn FISSURE into nutmeg ;-;

I think I saw that, I have no idea though, I mean, I was pretty drunk at the time, and all I remember is some wierd CGI monsters and a guy that wears a white t-shirt and odd face mask...Either that or I was completely !@#$% out of it.
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 11:13:08 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
I never even liked Dragonball or Dragonball Z that much (I watched it but I didn't care if I missed 10 or so episodes, i.e half a fight scene)...and this topic still makes me sad :(

Dragon Ball wasn't like Z at all until the last saga or so. The only time a fight scene lasted more than one episode was during the tournament sagas, and even those were usually 1 episode unless it was an important fight (Goku vs Jackie Chun, etc)

One the Piccolo Jr. Saga hit, you could see Dragon Ball Z forming. The fights sometimes lasted longer than needed, and energy attacks started to become more used, along with the whole power up thing.
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 12:32:59 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I was mostly referring to Dragonball Z there :P Missing episodes in Dragonball actually meant missing parts of the story, instead of just some men screaming. Seriously, in Dragonball Z where they were fighting Cell, HOW long did it take Gohan to power up!?! It was like two episodes almost <_< Splicing other scenes in between this happening doesn't change that it's still taking way too long XD
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 09:01:36 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
Well, there's a re-editing of Dragonball/Z coming that will cut some of those extra bits away, or so it should be...

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 10:40:34 pm »
  • Your expression has changed too
Well, there's a re-editing of Dragonball/Z coming that will cut some of those extra bits away, or so it should be...
It will. Kuririn's VA said that in the new reedit (Called Dragon Ball Kai btw), Goku dies in the fight against Raditz in episode 2. In Z Goku died in like episode 4 or 5. It's been said that it's pretty much going to follow the pacing of the manga, where the fights were never nearly as long as they are in the anime.

Also, from the twenty minutes of Evolution I've seen it sucks !@#$%, but it might be one of those "so bad it's good" movies. I got two free tickets for AMC when their projector !@#$% up when I went to see Watchmen for a third time, so I'm going to use them so I can see Evolution on the big screen without giving Fox a dime. XD
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.42 seconds with 73 queries.