Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: change background colour in VBA?  (Read 1251 times)

change background colour in VBA?
« on: April 25, 2009, 11:27:34 am »
How can I do this? I'm ripping stuff from TMC but a lot of things have black edges, and the background colour is black, making it next to impossible to get edges right.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Re: change background colour in VBA?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 12:08:06 pm »
The background color for what exactly, i am assuming your using one of the tools in the vba emulators tool menu so do you mean the map viewer because i think its background color is actually coded into the program itself and cannot be changed but i am not exactly sure though.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 12:17:30 pm by EliteJason »
/*http://raptr.com/Doomsfall?src=em_allsm]http://raptr.com/badge/Doomsfall/fss_overall.png*/
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 12:47:14 pm »
If you're using the map viewer, which you should be if you're ripping tiles, then you won't encounter this problem.  If you aren't using the map viewer you run the risk of ripping individual layers as a single layer.
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 12:53:57 pm »
If you're using the map viewer, which you should be if you're ripping tiles, then you won't encounter this problem.  If you aren't using the map viewer you run the risk of ripping individual layers as a single layer.
Hahhh. Well that's a lot easier, using the map viewer :P. I've just been taking screens, pasting into photoshop, alligning to the grid, saving, then running them through your optimizer.
But the map viewer... why didn't I think of that before? It's so much easier as it captures even half tiles that are out of the view. lol I'm an idiot :D
'nother thing that's kind of annoying about MC is the tiles are 8x8, but I'll stick to capturing them as 16x16.
Not to mention I just realized the tile viewer actually has all the tiles the right colours in there, contrary to my previous belief that it blended them together somehow. you just need to move the palette slider until the tiles you want look like the ones in the game.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 01:02:40 pm by Darklight »

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 09:07:10 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Or, if you're using a CodeBreaker-compatible emulator, input ~85000000 4210~ to change the "empty" background color to gray.
Credits to OmegaKyogre for the code.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 03:29:59 am »
Or, if you're using a CodeBreaker-compatible emulator, input ~85000000 4210~ to change the "empty" background color to gray.
Credits to OmegaKyogre for the code.
Great! That works, thanks :).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 47 queries.

anything