Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Which do you 'WANT' to get the most?

PS3
- 6 (15.4%)
- 4 (10.3%)
revolution
- 29 (74.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS3, Xbox360, or Nintendo Revolution  (Read 8690 times)

Gilgamesh

Re: PS3, Xbox360, or Nintendo Revolution
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2006, 05:46:13 pm »
Well, God of War 2, a pretty big PS2 title is scheduled for February 2007. PS3 launch is scheduled for this year.

Busternaut

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2006, 05:54:59 pm »
Revo:awesome controller, more innovative
360: paper weight
ps3: to much $ probably

Nintendo Maniac 64

Not dead, just a lurker
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2006, 07:44:12 pm »
  • ニンテンドーマニアック64
Ill probably grab myself a 360, mainly because the dev-kits are being sold really cheaply.

...O_o  Less than the Rev's $2000?  That's less than the PSP's dev kit you know...

I'll definitly get a Rev, and I don't have any interest in the other 2.  The only good things I think the 360 has is the controller (GREAT for PC games when using the drivers from http://redcl0ud.com/), the way online works (except for paying >_>), and being able to play your own music in-game.
ZFGC's resident straight-male kuutsundere
(because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

Fate/stay night-related and other extended music loops:
http://www.youtube.com/user/nintendomaniac64

CPU + iGPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.6GHz/1.281v
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600
  • My YouTube channel

Limey

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2006, 07:55:59 pm »
It's been mentioned that the ps3 will be so expensive... well they've always been expensive.  In the past most consoles have costed about 300 dollars, and there was a neo geo console priced at 700$, with 150$ games! :o

Though it is likeley that the ps3 will be the most expensive of the three :P 

tippz

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2006, 12:38:39 am »
PS3!! if you think why?

ps3- is the most strongest, so it won't be defect if you trow with it.
Well, it isn't out yet, so there is nop way to judge. However, if we use the current generation, the PS2 actually proved to be the least sturdy...

ps3- is the butiful(spelled wrong, i know)
Matter of opinion, but the PS3 has been compared to far too many household appliances to be beatuiful in my book. Plus the batarang, that is just hilarious. (Poo batarang never even made it to production... Sony is redesigning it now)

360 -is too big
PS3 is bigger than the 360 by quite a bit

360- is too bad controlers
Most if not all reviewers of the 360 said it has one of, if not the, most ergonomic controllers ever

360- has got !@#$% games

Matter of opinion, but what system in recent memory has had a strong launch?

revo- is too small
Most people see the small as giving it a sleek look. Plus you complained about the 360's size, and that is the next smallest option...

revo- is less good games exept zelda
Nintendo published games are consistantly rated well above average and as the GCN proved, can carry a system for short periods, if need be. Industry insiders are also noticing a much stronger interest from 3rd parties to develop for the Revo than what was there for the GCN and N64. In other words, games will be there in abundance so chances are, MORE good games.

ps3- good games but not all
Sony has always had strong 3rd party support, I don't think you can expect anything else this time around. However, it is worth noting that both 360 and PS3 games will cost $60 while Iwata has stated that he sees no reason at all for games to be over $50 and the Revolution's will not be.

360- much money
Going by the estimates of Merril Lynch, the PS3 will cost $800 to manufacture. That means PS3 will, almost beyond doubt, cost more than the 360

revo- i must wait too long
PS3 was delayed until November. Same time as Revolution. (I heard some people mentioning September, it might have changed, but the last I read said November)

revo- i must wait toooo long for the zelda game
TP is pretty much a revolution launch title, as it will support use of the Revo contoller. We don't know to what extent, but support will be there.

ps3- coming soon...
Nope!

360 still bad
Matter of opinion, but the 360 hasn't really had much time to show what it can do and neither other next gen system is out, so who knows what will happen?

and what u think?

If it wasn't obvious by my counter points, I choose Revolution!
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2006, 01:51:08 am »
  • The Broken King
It's been mentioned that the ps3 will be so expensive... well they've always been expensive.  In the past most consoles have costed about 300 dollars, and there was a neo geo console priced at 700$, with 150$ games! :o

There's a reason that the neo geo failed :P

Also, I really hope that they don't make TP *need* a revolution to unlock everything, that's so counterintuitive, I hope that they add maybe a minigame at most. Although I do intend to own both TP and a Revoultion at some point, the revolution is much further in the future than TP, and I don't want to have to wait to get the full potential out of a product I already bought.
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]

Sprotret

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2006, 01:54:48 am »
I'm going to get a rev and a PS3 becase microsoft is an EVIL compony!
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2006, 03:47:41 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Microsoft is the one who created the original computer... so... >_>

How could they be evil?

I stand with my choice of the 360.
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2006, 03:48:13 am »
  • The Broken King
Have you forgotten about apple?
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]

OcarinaBoy

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2006, 07:35:08 pm »
My dad IS going to get a PS3, though, so... yeah.

so you will be my friend ;)
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2006, 08:24:58 pm »
  • The hero of Link
Nintendo Revoulution!
  • A.D. Zelda

TP

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2006, 08:38:18 pm »
PS3. I think Sony is the best. I'll eventually get used to the boomerang controller.

Fan

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2006, 12:42:49 am »
PS3. I think Sony is the best. I'll eventually get used to the boomerang controller.
They're showing a redesign of the boomerang at E3.  So assumably it won't be a boomerang.

Revolution and 360.  Playstations don't appeal to me very much, high rate of defection and overall I don't like Sony's business practices.

There's a reason that the neo geo failed :P

Also, I really hope that they don't make TP *need* a revolution to unlock everything, that's so counterintuitive, I hope that they add maybe a minigame at most. Although I do intend to own both TP and a Revoultion at some point, the revolution is much further in the future than TP, and I don't want to have to wait to get the full potential out of a product I already bought.
TP is coming in November and Revolution is coming November.  Probably close to the release date if not the date. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 12:48:54 am by Fan »
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2006, 02:18:26 pm »
Revolution for me. Not so much because of the controller or the virtual console, I'm just really looking forward to the games Nintendo hinted at. The new Mario game, Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime, etc. I was fully satisfied with all these games on the Gamecube and want more. Heh and I guess that's all there is to it.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2006, 03:51:38 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Posting this on a ZELDA FAN GAME website is a bit odd, too many Nintendo Fan Boys

Let's compare the odds

PS3 will have better graphics but will run slower than the Xbox 360, so will lag behind in power and performance.
Revolution- Never liked most games Nintendo push out...to many remakes/sequals, not enough originality and WAY too childish.
Xbox 360- Sexy Controllers best suited for big hands like mine (bit...thin hands...), WIRELESS, Xbox Live pwns, the ULTIMATE First-Person Shooter console.

This is the way I see it

You want Games for the kids, buy a Revolution
You want Action-Adventure or stratergy-Adventure games (like Final Fantasy which ISN'T a RPG it's more a play-along film. For me a RPG has to be immersive and you have to feel like you are in control. That's why i like Elder Scrolls so much) and Japenese Games with long, usually boring and pointless cut-scenes buy a PS3
You want Blood, Gore, and really cool First-Person Shooters get a Xbox 360

I like RPG's but Xbox 360 is my favorite. I also heard once the PS3 won't be backwards compatible...see you later Devil May Cry 1/2/3, the only good PS2 games i've ever played (FF10 was BORING!!!!)

Piers

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2006, 03:59:25 pm »
Posting this on a ZELDA FAN GAME website is a bit odd, too many Nintendo Fan Boys

Let's compare the odds

PS3 will have better graphics but will run slower than the Xbox 360, so will lag behind in power and performance.
Revolution- Never liked most games Nintendo push out...to many remakes/sequals, not enough originality and WAY too childish.
Xbox 360- Sexy Controllers best suited for big hands like mine (bit...thin hands...), WIRELESS, Xbox Live pwns, the ULTIMATE First-Person Shooter console.

This is the way I see it

You want Action-Adventure or stratergy-Adventure games (like Final Fantasy which ISN'T a RPG it's more a play-along film. For me a RPG has to be immersive and you have to feel like you are in control. That's why i like Elder Scrolls so much) and Japenese Games with long, usually boring and pointless cut-scenes buy a PS3

I like RPG's but Xbox 360 is my favorite. I also heard once the PS3 won't be backwards compatible...see you later Devil May Cry 1/2/3, the only good PS2 games i've ever played (FF10 was BORING!!!!)
Not enough ORIGANALITY. Have you even seen the controller, or how small it is. Plus Fpses are apperently going to become big on the Rev.
See here: http://www.joystiq.com/2006/02/07/halo-creator-interested-in-nintendos-revolution/
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 04:04:55 pm by Piers »
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2006, 07:06:58 pm »

Yes I'm a Nintendo fan, but what you said isn't entirely true. Just because a character from another game is recycled doesn't make it unoriginal. For example, Super Mario Sunshine is almost completely different from Mario Party. Also, there's a difference between family friendly and childish. Sure things like Zelda and Metroid don't have blood or guts but I definately wouldn't call them childish. Even a fruity game like Pikmin is still quite complex and fun for all ages. As for the originality department, I'd say Nintendo is the only company that's truly trying to be different, hell they're risking an entire console on it.

I just can't stand simple assumptions like that.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2006, 07:09:21 pm »
Before the Revolution was revealed I was giving serious thought to abandon Nintendo and switch to PS3. Their big offer of games was nice.

But then I saw what Revo could do and well, im gonna buy that thing...so friggin much :D

Yes, Nintendo dares to do orignal things. They started with the analoge stick, and the rest copied it, they made touch screen consoles, and now they're doing something completely new and futuristic. I love it

dodgefreak

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2006, 12:43:38 am »
I'll get a revolution...the only games that I'd want for the PS3 are Kindom Hearts 3 and Harvest Moon.

tippz

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2006, 01:37:50 am »

Let's compare the odds

Ok, sounds fair enough...

I realized you pretty much picked your favorite without any consideration for the other right here. The PS3 will be much more powerful than the 360 and will therefore perform much better...

Sequels are not unique to Nintendo. Especially with the higher development costs of this next generation. Plus, the entire concept of the Revolution is originality... And childish, have you seen screenshots of Red Steel? The game encourages brutality for the first 1/3 of the game. That is a game with strong Nintendo involvement. I think you can rest assured that Nintendo is trying to lose its kiddy image.
Revolution has an extremely sexy design, and it is pretty much controller based, so you could say it has a sexy design... Revo will be completly wireless. Nintendo WiFi Connection could oust XBL, not saying it will, but it has potential. Revolution will be the ultimate FPS console ever, just point and shoot...

This is the way I see it

Nintendo has made great strides to shed the 'kiddy image' and I don't really think it applies anymore...
PS3 will have a lot of 3rd party support and will probably have a plethora of genres, just like the PS2...
All systems will have those things...
PS3 will be backwards compatable... so I don't know where you heard that.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.535 seconds with 77 queries.

anything