Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Primary] Phantom Fringe  (Read 1904 times)

[Primary] Phantom Fringe
« on: December 01, 2009, 03:08:40 pm »
  • Never try, never fly

Time makes fools of us all
Daisy Gimlet is one of those fools. Believing that she could make a living simply out of her gorgeous looks, she went through life remaining dense as a woodpecker, relying on her one feature to take her to levels above all else. Unfortunately, this greatness isn't timeless.

She was a photo model and actress, although a pretty lousy one, enjoying life as the soon-to-be richest person in the neighbourhood she eventually settled down to retire in together with her husband. She was only in her late 40's as she did that, and had given up due to a state that all the plastic surgery applied to her face and body had caused her to end up in. Merely her golden curls remained as beautiful as they had always been; they were the only things keeping her spirit alive, the only proof to her that she was still worth something.

"I'm afraid that I bring bad news" the doctor cautiously said, eleven years after her retirement.
Daisy's husband held his hand on her shoulder as the doctor looked through his papers. What was merely seconds felt like years, as both Daisy and her husband awaited the worst possible...
"Y-your hair..." the doctor stuttered, knowing who Daisy was and probably fearing her reaction "... has only months left to remain."
Daisy had been born with a disease that makes you completely lose your hair at an early age, but using the money she earned as a photo model while eighteen years old, scientists managed to complete a medicine to postpone this effect. Sadly, nothing lasts forever... The operation needed was out of the question, as it was expensive enough to put them in the trenches for the rest of their lives.

Daisy ended up in a depressed phase, and her husband noticed this. He only knew of one thing to do.
He had been lucky to keep his hair as well, but his genius idea was to cut it off and show sympathy to Daisy's horrible situation. As a caring husband, this was the only thing he knew how to do.
So he headed down to the barber's, even though all he needed was a clean shave...

Unfortunately, his hair was being cut by a radioactive barber!
He threw himself out of the barber's shop, writhing in pain on the street, holding his forehead. His hair was pulsating like a collection of blood veins, his teeth gnashed loudly, and he could only scream for help as his body went through a horrible transformation.

(Clean image: http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8435/phantomfringeclean.jpg)

The Phantom Fringe had his goal set. He would get the money needed for his wife's operation. He would use his controllable, powerful, dynamic and stretchable fringe combined with his newly gained physical abilities to become the most feared thief across the corners of the world!

Hang-gliding, stopping bullets, lowering himself from ceilings to approach guards... Nothing and no one could stop him. All of the world's grandest treasures were sure to be his.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 04:21:09 pm by Mamoruanime »
  • My DeviantArt

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
Re: Phantom Fringe
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 05:30:10 pm »
  • The Mike
Looks deadly! XD

• Zelda Eternity

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 06:44:01 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Your artwork is astounding.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 01:35:08 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
These steampunky characters with intricate backstories always make for an interesting conversation. Best of luck! I'm digging the art!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 06:25:11 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Your style reminds me of new cartoons...

And that radioactive barber thing = money. LOL!

The story is a little too weird for me in some parts but your artwork is great!
  • My Music
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 44 queries.

anything