Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Do you believe in God, the Bible, Jesus, etc?

Yes
- 18 (45%)
No
- 16 (40%)
I'm not sure
- 6 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you believe in God?  (Read 5488 times)

Re: Do you believe in God?
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2006, 04:48:31 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
I believe In God, I just dont believe in Jesus.

God has a dilema

If he does something good then right after that, if something bad happens, everyone will hate God.

If God Doesnt do anything good, No one will believe in him anymore.

Good Things Go Un-noticed.
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2006, 04:53:12 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
I'd say an outside source of which the effects are not only tangible yourself, but also by others and has a clear effect on your living enviroment and is logically consistent, whether it's an electrical signal or not, is far more credible than the electrical signals you yourself input in your brain, without any other tangible outside source, who's very existance is already in conflict with base physical principles.
Becuase we obviously know everything about science. ::)

Also, who believed in any god BEFORE he "witnessed" an event to lead to the existance of such a god.(as in, creators of a religion, such as Abraham or Muhammed) If Jesus wouldn't have performed any miracles, then there would be no christianity.
Yes, there always has to be prophets to testify of His existence.  There's no denying that.

Quite sorry, but the very existance of most modern religions are based on a visible and tangible situation that was created by a godly force. You're saying Kleaver is mislead because he only believes what he sees? Religion was based on visible miracles that couldn't immediatly have been explained, other than by a god.
I'm saying that Kleaver is mislead, because of his narrowmindedness.  There are so many other ways to find truth apart from "seeing it".
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2006, 04:55:54 pm »

God has a dilema

If he does something good then right after that, if something bad happens, everyone will hate God.

Why do you not believe in Jesus?
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2006, 05:03:38 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov

God has a dilema

Well, I just think its bull.

I mean. He's just some REALLY, REALLY Good guy, that tried to make the world a better place...

How can you be the Son of God? thats impossible. I dont think someone who is a virgin can have a baby. -.-''

Plus Constantine totally made up his divinity. (I THOUGHT THAT BEFORE I READ THE DAVINCI CODE, so shutup about that kthnx)

Gilgamesh

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2006, 05:27:06 pm »
I'd say an outside source of which the effects are not only tangible yourself, but also by others and has a clear effect on your living enviroment and is logically consistent, whether it's an electrical signal or not, is far more credible than the electrical signals you yourself input in your brain, without any other tangible outside source, who's very existance is already in conflict with base physical principles.
Becuase we obviously know everything about science. ::)
Great argument. Let's just question the basic principles in science. Well, I say this computer right here is actually a wild rabid tiger in disguise. Hey, it's possible! It'd only cross x-amount of physical rules, but who cares! It's damn possible and even plausible because we don't know everything about science yet! Science is based on probability. The chance that our basic principles who have been observed and proven is quite high. The chance that they're wrong, just to fit in the existance of a god, who's not even necessary for anything, is quite, how to say, crazy.

Quite sorry, but the very existance of most modern religions are based on a visible and tangible situation that was created by a godly force. You're saying Kleaver is mislead because he only believes what he sees? Religion was based on visible miracles that couldn't immediatly have been explained, other than by a god.
I'm saying that Kleaver is mislead, because of his narrowmindedness.  There are so many other ways to find truth apart from "seeing it".
Such as? Truth is always deducted from external forces influencing internal thought. Why are there oxygen molecules? Because we witness the effects of them, because we can observe them and because it can be deducted from previous theories that have shown themselves to work. Why is there a god? Because we witness the miracles.. errr!! Why would there be a god if the very existance of one is not witnessed? If he doesn't have an effect on the surroundings, why would he be there? If there's no external force clueing us in that there is a god, then why would there be one?
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2006, 05:45:26 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Let's just question the basic principles in science. Well, I say this computer right here is actually a wild rabid tiger in disguise.
But then you'd be using a straw-man argument.

The point is, you're wanting to disprove something by saying "well I haven't seen it, and I can't prove it".  I think there's something wrong with ruling out possibilities that do have strong amount of evidence towards it, simply because our limited understanding of science can't fully support the idea, although it can certainly support certain aspects of it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 05:50:30 pm by 2awesome4apossum »
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2006, 05:54:32 pm »

God has a dilema

Well, I just think its bull.

I mean. He's just some REALLY, REALLY Good guy, that tried to make the world a better place...

How can you be the Son of God? thats impossible. I dont think someone who is a virgin can have a baby. -.-''

Plus Constantine totally made up his divinity. (I THOUGHT THAT BEFORE I READ THE DAVINCI CODE, so shutup about that kthnx)
You believe that God made EVERYTHING in 6 days but you do not believe god is able to let his son being born from a virgin.  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 50 queries.

anything