Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Attachment error  (Read 3390 times)

Attachment error
« on: April 13, 2010, 02:54:24 am »
I just tried to upload two small gifs into an attachment and I get this error:
An Error Has Occurred!
Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information.

• Super Fan Gamers!
Re: Attachment error
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 03:04:40 am »
I might be because you using a free image uploader site would save us space on our server, or because the disk space usage on the server currently is filled up to its maximum 5000 MB. It's actually probably the second one I said, I just checked it and that's what it shows. This can be rectified by deleting an old backup; I'll send Windy a PM because I am bad with server stuff. Zoom zoom zoom.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 03:06:53 am »
I might be because you using a free image uploader site would save us space on our server, or because the disk space usage on the server currently is filled up to its maximum 5000 MB. It's actually probably the second one I said, I just checked it and that's what it shows. This can be rectified by deleting an old backup; I'll send Windy a PM because I am bad with server stuff. Zoom zoom zoom.
Ah, no biggie then, though I cannot understand your sentence structure for your first sentence. lol :p
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 03:48:04 am »
  • You heard of the thing from the place with stuff?
Ah, no biggie then, though I cannot understand your sentence structure for your first sentence. lol :p
Ditto. XD I kind of expected this to happen for some reason. Does it just limate the room for attachments? or more?
Sorry, I can't think of a more interesting sig. > .>

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 04:01:34 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
No, as 4Sword said, it's because there is so much stuff uploaded to the server it is now full. When the server is full, nothing more can be uploaded. It doesn't have to do with attachment space or anything... 5000 MB is the space allotted on the server, and 5000 MB is how much stuff is on the server. That simple.

In lamens terms, the server is full.

That basically it?

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 07:03:26 am »
I deleted an old Java assignment I had uploaded to the site for school (very small) and also deleted all of the video files of the old Super Smash Bros Brawl tournament (very large apparently) after saving them to my computer. 5000 MB -> 2632.95 MB, unless another administrator deleted something else; I was kind of shocked that the deletion I did took out as much as it did in terms of disk space usage.

I'll go through the server this next weekend and remove what is unnecessary, backing it up on an external hard-drive I got. Otherwise I think the attachment errors should be solved now; although as I said in my earlier post, there are free image uploaders out there, so using them helps save us some disk space.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 07:06:16 am »
I never attach anything here; everything I upload is external. The only exceptions are the things I uploaded back in '08.

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 07:12:55 am »
I do kind of the opposite in that some of what should be stored here for events and stuff is uploaded to Photobucket. Anyway, discussion about that doesn't have to continue. Because what I did seems like it did so much, I'll assume I !@#$% up somewhere; if anyone notices an abnormal chunk of something missing let me know.
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 07:55:43 am »
I got Andrew to delete a few of the backups. We lol'd.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 07:57:42 am »
Were there some exceptionally funny things stored there?

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 08:00:14 am »
Were there some exceptionally funny things stored there?
I deleted an old Java assignment I had uploaded to the site for school (very small) and also deleted all of the video files of the old Super Smash Bros Brawl tournament (very large apparently) after saving them to my computer. 5000 MB -> 2632.95 MB, unless another administrator deleted something else; I was kind of shocked that the deletion I did took out as much as it did in terms of disk space usage.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 11:30:32 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
IMO Uploading things pertaining to ZFGC offsite leads to a bunch of broken links and hard-to-find-but-in-high-demand resources D:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 59 queries.