Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: So where is the option to make Tingles Stupid Rupeeland have a fun battle system  (Read 5512 times)

So where is the option to make Tingles Stupid Ru...
« on: January 26, 2011, 09:06:55 pm »
When i heard it was like a Zelda game, i was intrigued, so i decided to "get" the game. Ran into a battle, and watched as a cloud of smoke and tingle fought without me doing anything, Yeah bye bye game. How the heck do people find a battle system where you literally don't do anything fun? I'm not watching a movie.

Re: So where is the option to make Tingles Stupi...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 09:11:55 pm »
You tap the cloud repeatedly in order to finish the battle earlier (save life/rupees) and raise the possibility of more loot. You can also be on the look-out for bodyguards you can hire, who will get in the battle for you or fight alongside you.

I thought the characters and graphics of that game were pretty sweet actually. And the loot collecting + recipe cooking reminded me of Paper Mario, which is made of win.
- Viewing at the moment: Project Runway [TV-series].
- Reading at the moment: Kuragehime [manga], Uncanny X-men issues 37 - 66 [comics].
- Listening to at the moment:
- Playing at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN], FFCC: Ring of Fates [NDS].
- Let's Play in-the-making at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN]
- Studying at the moment: University course "French, Preparatory Course" for a re-examination on subcourse "Grammar and Translation" in August, University course "Basic Course in the Humanities" for a re-examination on subcourse "The Concept of Culture" in August.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 09:13:44 pm »
You tap the cloud repeatedly in order to finish the battle earlier (save life/rupees) and raise the possibility of more loot. You can also be on the look-out for bodyguards you can hire, who will get in the battle for you or fight alongside you.

I thought the characters and graphics of that game were pretty sweet actually. And the loot collecting + recipe cooking reminded me of Paper Mario, which is made of win.

So the point of the battle is to click on the cloud, or hire people to fight for you. You aren't making the game sound any more appealing.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 09:51:46 pm »
Well, it sure would have been more sweet if it had turn-based RPG style or button mashing sword-slashing, I ain't gonna argue about that. :P
All in all, if the battle system if one of the more important point to you when playing a game, you will get tired of this one. It's Zelda-esque in terms of exploration and NPC-interaction more than anything else, plus some humoristic references to places, characters and scenes in the main Zelda games. It just ain't for all types of players.
- Reading at the moment: Kuragehime [manga], Uncanny X-men issues 37 - 66 [comics].
- Playing at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN], FFCC: Ring of Fates [NDS].
- Let's Play in-the-making at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN]
- Studying at the moment: University course "French, Preparatory Course" for a re-examination on subcourse "Grammar and Translation" in August, University course "Basic Course in the Humanities" for a re-examination on subcourse "The Concept of Culture" in August.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 10:30:24 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
The game would have been more sweet if Nintendo didn't decide to start sucking mid to late 00's...

Their entire business model now caters to people who probably shouldn't play games anway.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 10:58:07 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
Nintendo is splitting up casual gamers and hardcore gamers even more. In reality those parties are hipsters who buy games to label themselves as gamers, and people who buy games to play, regardless of "core". IDGAF, Casual and Hardcore (in the real world) are one and the same. Gamers. Stop segregating us Nintendo :(
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 10:34:50 am »
  • Silly cat!
Why did you buy a game with Tingle on the box?

Eh, I've discussed this topic until my eyes and fingers have bled. Yeah, Nintendo's changed it's dynamic, they're pretty !@#$% now. As a cause of that, I've just been picking up games that I've heard are pretty good, of which there are few, but you know, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns... I also got Metroid: Other M this year, but I didn't like it at all.

And I guess I'm cool to mix that up with the occasional 360 game.

Hoffy.
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 11:10:15 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Why did you buy a game with Tingle on the box?

Because Tingle is awesome.
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 02:23:56 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Fissure, you didn't find the option?  It's hidden under the Flux Capacitor.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 05:09:30 pm »
Fissure, you didn't find the option?  It's hidden under the Flux Capacitor.
Damn, but I can't get my dorm to let me have 1.21 gigawatts of electricty.

Oh, and what I say to people when we go for rides in my 1984 Firebird:
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour. You gotta see some serious !@#$%."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 05:13:34 pm by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 06:14:10 pm »
Nintendo tried to make a game around an established character, Tingle. However Tingle's characteristics arethat he loves ruppees, loves to party and he is not a fighter. If he would get into a fight he with a wimp he'll probably be roughhousing with a lot dust and still lose. They tried to stay true to the character. This means that the game is all about handling money. Not being generous and not being greedy. A part of an adventure game however is to battle enemies and that is unfortunately the characters weak point thus the battling is pretty weak.

You have to tap the cloud to help tingle, but it also allows you to move the fight in any direction you like. I also encountered a boss battle where Tingle floats his balloon and your allowed to drop bomb flowers. For the rest the game is about being a business man. But that is also the reason why I never finished the game.
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 08:22:06 pm »
The bossfights were pretty awesome, and differed a lot from the random monster fights. Especially the last boss was kick-ass funny and challenging. The rupeehandling, however... I had to use a guide later in the game because I got so tired of trying to bribe people who accepted my money but still wanted more for them to help me. So I checked out what sums they wanted online... :-[ ashamed

And why buy a game with Tingle on the box?
1. You are japanese.
2. You are european, and a nintendo fan.
3. You are american, and a Tingle fan.
4. You are a Zelda-otaku who buys it all as long as it's related to Zelda.
5. You have a sense of humour. A certain sense of it, anyway.
6. Because, as Shefali said, Tingle is awesome.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 08:28:37 pm by Eleo »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 01:22:38 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Tingle is to Zelda as Jar Jar Binks was to Star Wars...

(completely useless and annoying >:( )
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 03:33:49 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Tingle is to Zelda as Jar Jar Binks was to Star Wars...

(completely useless and annoying >:( )

^ Hit that nail one on the head!
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 02:17:56 am »
I've always enjoyed Tingle as a character. Can't really see why the dislike exists. (Don't get me wrong, I can see why, but that seems a bit shallow.)

I imported this game from the UK (even looked for it while I was on a trip in London for a week beforehand) and enjoyed the hell out of it. The boss battles were fun and break from the "cloud-fighting" thing. Some of the item collection got a bit tedious but I found myself picking it up every day and being excited to play it until I beat it. I even bothered to get 100% and get the secret bit at the end. Probably the last game I played that I genuinely found funny.

Not sure I understand the current Nintendo hate. (Dislike etc. call it what you will?) I've enjoyed every Nintendo console to date, and haven't really witnessed a change in dynamic. They're certainly marketing to a different crowd than they were with the 64 and Gamecube, and some of their recent games have been a bit bland, but regardless I've never caught myself not having fun.
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 07:49:08 am »
I don't think Tingle is a bad character either. I think that most people are just a bit to uncomfortable with him. It probably is Tingle's extravagant manner that sets him apart from any game character. Where Link lacks in the personalit appartment, Tingle has an abbundance of it.

Although I don't think he is well suited to base an adventure game on. The battle system is unique and when you know what to do can be fun a little while. But the cloud battle also gets boring really fast. I am also not that much of a business man, thus handling money isn't really my strongest part. But my biggest gripe is the game's health system. Or better the lack of it. Having ruppees both as a money and health is not really a good choice. If you go out to get stuff to sell to raise money, but in the mean time you lose money because of the enemies you need to battle to get the stuff to sell. It kind of is an infinite loop through oblivion (no not the game). And like Eleo said you need to get a online manual to find out the sums for paying people. Because you lose a !@#$% load of money/health if you fail to guess in what price range they are.

Not sure I understand the current Nintendo hate. (Dislike etc. call it what you will?) I've enjoyed every Nintendo console to date, and haven't really witnessed a change in dynamic. They're certainly marketing to a different crowd than they were with the 64 and Gamecube, and some of their recent games have been a bit bland, but regardless I've never caught myself not having fun.
I don't understand it either. I really enjoy the new path they have taken. I guess some people prefer to have high tech graphics with pushing buttons, instead of new input devices. Me personally, I cannot wait untill they finally get to a star trek holodeck gaming device  :P

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 08:56:55 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
@anyone wondering why people hate Tingle

Lets put it this way- Tingle is a fan of fairies, right? Fairies are a regular occurrence in The Legend of Zelda, right? He dresses up like a fairy boy and likes to pretend he's one, yeah?

Relate this to the real world. Take................. rabbits for example instead of fairies. You know what we call people who dress up like rabbits and pretend to be rabbits? Furries.

Why does Zelda need a furry character exactly? It's pointless fluff. <_<
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 11:50:17 am »
Mammy, you have to look it from the positive side. For you Tingle makes all the other characters in the games look better  :P  XD

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 12:50:12 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
XD I don't think there's a positive side to Tingle :P

For me, Tingle represents a time when Zelda turned into dribble. I suppose it's different for people who actually enjoyed Majora's Mask though.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 01:34:13 pm »
  • Silly cat!
XD I don't think there's a positive side to Tingle :P

For me, Tingle represents a time when Zelda turned into dribble. I suppose it's different for people who actually enjoyed Majora's Mask though.
Well I think you deserve a smack to the head for not enjoying Majora's Mask... no offence Mammy :P

I don't have an issue with Tingle appearing in Zelda games, because I guess at the same time there a lot of awesome characters too... Tingle is just, the epitome of, something awful. I mean in Majora's Mask you had cool characters like Skull Kid, Darmani, Mikau and Kafei, fun, playful characters like the Bombers, Romani and the Deku Princess, beautifully-composed characters like Anju, Cremia and Lulu, and quirky, weird, mysterious characters like the Deku Butler, Kamaro and Igos du Ikana. And then you have Tingle. You don't have to put up with him for the whole adventure, he's just kind of... there. If he was there in larger doses, he'd be really friggin' annoying.

Anyway, I think Tingle is a character who was just better received in Japan, and the Tingle DS games were meant to be distributed in Japan. That's pretty much why they weren't released internationally. So threads like this on Zelda forums like this wouldn't be made.

Hoffy.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 76 queries.