Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Japanese 3DS launch titles and Battery Life Announced  (Read 6943 times)

Re: Japanese 3DS launch titles and Battery Life ...
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2011, 10:43:01 am »
  • 笑い男
Am I the only one that's finding the 3D aspect of it the least interesting? (That'll probably change once I try it out in person I guess though.)
There's so much more that I can't wait to try out. Even if it's very small things that you can't really "try out", but just get used to by using it over time.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2011, 11:51:48 pm »
  • Silly cat!
I'm surprised someone has yet to make a joke abo- *battery dies*
Hahahahaha.

Am I the only one that's finding the 3D aspect of it the least interesting? (That'll probably change once I try it out in person I guess though.)
There's so much more that I can't wait to try out. Even if it's very small things that you can't really "try out", but just get used to by using it over time.
I'm not excited either. Something like one in ten people can't experience the 3D effect with or without the glasses, and I just so happen to be one of those people. Whenever I go to see a 3D movie, the glasses don't do anything, just clean up the image as if I'm just watching a normal film... so it's like, paying an extra $10 for nothing. I think it's mostly because I have little to no depth perception... I only use one of my eyes to see, I was born with some strange condition.

So pretty much, yeah, I don't care about 3D and I'll have the feature turned off. And I can't wait until this whole 3D phase has blown over. 'Cos I hate it.

Hoffy.
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2011, 03:03:38 pm »
  • 笑い男
As long as you have two working eyes and don't hold the machine in a weird way, then you should definitely be able to see the effect. But if unfortunately if you only use one eye to see, then perceiving depth is impossible, even in the real world :(

But yeah, currently especially with films just slapping on "3D" to the end, lately 3D's just an over-used fad that'll blow over in time like all the other fads in the past.

I'm actually really liking the stuff displayed in the Street Fighter IV trailer, like how you could be just playing on the train and suddenly have a vs match start, just like in an arcade and so on.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2011, 02:08:39 pm »
  • 笑い男
Saw a 3DS for the first time in real life today :D lol (Release day in Japan).
Suddenly wanted to get one even though there's no great games for it yet lol (or web browser/eshop) and surprisingly there was black ones still in stock in the afternoon in a pretty large shopping center.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2011, 02:12:28 pm »
I find this article interesting:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/115/1151658p1.html

So much for getting OoT 3DS on launch.  No reason for me to buy a 3ds when it launches...Now, I'll just get one used or wait until it goes down to $150.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2011, 02:21:39 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I don't remember them ever saying OoT3d would be available at launch D:... I wasn't expecting it to be anyway o.0;;
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2011, 03:00:50 pm »
  • 笑い男
According to this pamphlet I got, pilot rings resort and zelda are scheduled for a spring release, mgs, kid icarus, love plus (olol) and starfox64 are scheduled for a 2011 release and resi revelations, resi the mercenaries, kingdom hearts, phoenix wright vs professor layton (?! :o), time travellers (some game by level 5?), paper mario, animal crossing and mario kart are tba.
super monkey ball comes out on the 3rd of March so if that's not crap *may* get a 3DS with that lol (loved smb 2).
Of course all of these dates are for Japan though.
The idea of playing street fighter 4 for example on the train in Tokyo and suddenly it coming up with "A new warrior has entered the ring!" or whatever like it does in the arcade seems awesome lol, but I'm not so sure I like fighting games that much so may pass on that one :(

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2011, 03:02:12 pm »
Well, I think I am going to just blow $300 on a refurbished 60gb PS3.  Been meaning to get one of those again.
Sorry, Nintendo.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2011, 06:47:12 pm »
Hmm, nothing unexpected. I already knew that OOT3D would not be at the launch.  And it can be expected that the launch line up would exist mostly of ports that needed to be rushed due to the upcoming launch. Well for 3rd party it can be justified, because they probably get the SDK later. Although I don't know how much it differs from the NDS's SDK. But Nintendo could at least do something original like Kuru Kuru Kururin with the GBA.

Ah wel, I won't be getting it at the launch anyway.
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2011, 11:17:02 pm »
If it really going to be that expensive it's a total waste of money. Lots of other things I'd rather buy for $200-250

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2011, 11:38:30 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
*gloats about getting one for practically nothing ;3*
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2011, 06:47:45 am »
* Is pondering how trading in 2 useless DSi's can be considered as "for practically nothing". *

Especially for this version of the 3DS.
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2011, 09:02:43 am »
Personally, I consider the DSi to be a worthless portable, so "for practically nothing" makes sense to me.
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2011, 09:23:27 am »
Yeah, the DSi is a worthless portable, but the battery life and launch line up on this thing sucks so much that I think even the trade-in value of those DSi's is kinda wasted. Especially, because you really want the version that will get a better battery life. If it will ever be produced.

I just think that anything that can be traded for about $250 monetary value can be used a lot better than a handheld that only has 3 to 5 hours battery life in order to enjoy its full potential.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2011, 12:47:59 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Yeah, the DSi is a worthless portable, but the battery life and launch line up on this thing sucks so much that I think even the trade-in value of those DSi's is kinda wasted. Especially, because you really want the version that will get a better battery life. If it will ever be produced.

I just think that anything that can be traded for about $250 monetary value can be used a lot better than a handheld that only has 3 to 5 hours battery life in order to enjoy its full potential.

I never play my DSi's, so it's trading nothing for something that I'll at least play more than the nothing I had before :)
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2011, 07:24:55 am »
Personally, I consider the DSi to be a worthless portable, so "for practically nothing" makes sense to me.

Yeah, the DSi is pretty much a joke, probably more so then the Virtual Boy actually.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 67 queries.

anything