Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dead Space 2 - Great game with some annoyances(360 Version)  (Read 1256 times)

Dead Space 2 - Great game with some annoyances(3...
« on: February 14, 2011, 07:03:03 am »
Great, great game.  Bought it at less than 12 hours ago and throughout the course of homework and surfing the net, I finished the game.  Amazing but I do have some complaints which should not be spoiler revealing:
~ Disappearing kinesis objects
    Too many times I had a javelin or mop in my hand ready in case of amonster only to have it randomly disappear.  Same goes for any other object.  I know unrealistic is a bad word to use in a game like this but come on.  If I have object on one of the room, I should still have it when I reach the other side.  It doesn't fall; it literally disappears.
~ Meh Hit detection
    Happens with kinesis quite a bit for me in the middle of a fight.  Trying to get one object that is clearly closer to you but the kinesis picks up the !@#$% item instead of the bomb.  Quite a few times I tried using the stasis shot only to have it go through the monster I was aimed at dead center.  The Seeker Rifle has some bad hit detection.  I was in a situation with a monster about 6 feet in front of me and shot 4 Seeker rounds at him in his chest; none registered as a hit(Have witnesses that screamed," WTF!? How was he not hit?!")
~ Textures are average
    The lighting and models were great!  However, as soon as I popped on the first suit, it looked all blurred.  I am playing on a 1080 p sitting literally maybe 3 feet away at my desk.  Several of the textures for walls and objects just looked plain nasty.  Something you would see on X-Box or PS2.  Maybe they were saving all the space they could for the 360 version since it is on 2 discs.  Back to the suit issue, the textures on some of the suits just looked bad.  Issac's suits from the first game looked more detailed(which I think I can make a good decision on since I played Dead Space 1 again before I played Dead Space 2).
~ Issac talking
    It's not bad if you like just controlling a narrative.  I felt attachment to Issac in the first game since he never actually spoke at all.  It gave me the similar feeling as the Legend of Zelda games gave me.  However, since Issac talks(and talks alot), it felt more like I was playing through a story than being a part of the story(don't know if you know what I mean).
~ Spawn points
   This is really bad.  Do not have spawn points where the player is going to be standing.  Don't know how many times I was standing literally in a corner with a perfect view of everything in front of me only to suddenly be attacked from behind in the corner.  Other times in the game, I would be moving along, something would spawn like normal, I kill it, keep moving and 3 feet after the previous spawn was another, which is where I am standing now.

Boss Spoiler
Show content
~ Have a last sequence before the boss fight that actually makes sense
   They brought the regen monster back from Dead Space 1.  Apparently he moves at the speed of light all over this final section of the colony.  I understand it is a video game, but that does not justify something this bad.  I mean, you !@#$% go zero gravity for probably a good quarter mile and through some pipes and he is right back in your face.  How the hell he get there?
That and he apparently is smart enough to ride elevators and glitch through doors(happened a few times).

~ Not original enough material from the first game
   For those that played the hell out of the first game, this one really does not feel like anything much is new on a first playthrough.  Only a few new monsters, some of which are pointless to have.  Three new weapons; pretty much useless at least on my run through.  They are fun to use but waste time and could cost you health.  Kinesis was improved but after a while I stopped using it since I could just buy a crap load of power nodes and overpower my weapons very quickly.

Well, that's what I can think of right away since I just finished the game.
It was a great game, do not get me wrong.  I think Capcom needs to really rethink its Resident Evil franchise(which I love) or else EA will take over the survivor-horror genre very quickly.  The control is so much better in Dead Space and Dead Space 2 over Resident Evil 5.  Then again, RE 5 may have changed a bit since I only have Versus mode as D/C.

I am excited for any possibility of Dead Space 3. 

Don't let my annoyances detour you from this game.  It's just stuff I wish was better thoughout my game experience with Dead Space 2.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: Dead Space 2 - Great game with some annoyanc...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 10:37:17 am »
I'm totally getting it. But it's still too expensive.

I didn't read your posts to save me from spoilers  XD

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 03:38:27 pm »
  • b e p i s
I'm totally getting it. But it's still too expensive.

I'm glad I'm not the only person with this problem; I seriously cannot bring myself to pay $60 for a game anymore. Even $50 is a stretch since these days, digital distribution removes a lot of the costs and indie developers are selling games that are just as good or better for like $20 or less.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 07:32:41 pm »
Exactly. Ever since I got Steam it's just too hard to pass up the 50%/75% off deals they have and pay full price for games.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 03:14:39 pm »
  • Silly cat!
It's weird how the main character not talking in a game can somehow break down the wall between you and the game's world. I guess that's how you establish the "link".

Hoffy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 44 queries.

anything