Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS3 gets Steam  (Read 959 times)

PS3 gets Steam
« on: April 16, 2011, 02:48:34 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
So...yeah

Seriously, why would Microsoft not allow something like this? It is "technically possible" after all...but either they just don't any customers or somebody there has a very oddly shaped rod up their arse. I'm seriously starting to suspect the entire Console department is just one guy hunched up in a dark room somewhere who doesn't let anybody else inside...

Then again this doesn't really effect me since I own neither console, but still Microsoft do have a tendency to come off as unusually retarded with the Xbox...like when they refused to let Valve constantly update TF2 because of their "all updates that aren't fixing something must cost money" policy...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 02:56:20 am by TheDarkJay »
Re: PS3 gets Steam
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 11:53:46 pm »
I am excited about it.

By the way, I read most of the comments.  People need to grow up.  So many morons that think they know what they are talking about but really do not.

The one thing I cannot believe people aren't talking about is the fact that you have to pay anything for Portal 2 when Portal was free, at one point anyway.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 01:54:39 am »
Soooo... more reasons for me to get a PS3? Yes

Manly men don't sass. Manly men get in FIGHTS! Fist fights using manly fists!
  • JetDesigns
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 09:49:02 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
A few reasons

1. Valve is a competitor on the PC market. They don't want to endorse the competition because they're still trying to break into it even though its a hopeless cause right now
2. Microsoft is keeping the lid on the XBOX360's so-called cookie jar pretty tight. They're big on console security and they don't want third party software possibly opening a can of worms the size of the PS3's system compromise
3. (Toward's the TF2 comment) It costs Microsoft money to roll out updates. The reason you're paying for Live isn't for the multiplayer, paying to get multiplayer is just a way to entice people to pay. You're paying for the rest of the service, especially content servers. This becomes apparent when you look at games like Super Street Fighter IV, where Capcom released costume packs that were not included on-disc, but people who didn't buy them can see the costumes when they fight somebody who did on XBOX360. On PS3 people with the costumes show up to the other person as a stock costume. Microsoft can afford to do things like this because they charge for what's (pretty undeniably) a superior service. Whether or not Live is a superior value to the consumer compared to PSN is up for debate, but ounce for ounce Live is a stronger service, and you can see where the money is going when you look at details.

Also I don't think PS3 is getting Steam, PS3 is just getting Steamworks. All that means is PS3 players can trudge along behind PC players on Portal 2 coop which got somewhat console-ized to accommodate the PS3 crowd. While this is pretty cool, its not necessarily a system seller, and I don't like how it changed Portal 2 between E3 2010 and the final release.

Just my two cents
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 42 queries.