Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - long live The Shadowgazer!  (Read 386470 times)

Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer (30/10/...
« Reply #160 on: November 11, 2006, 10:08:12 pm »
Hey, don't be so quick to jump on someone, just because they could have been lying, why would they be. I'd like to see you do even this. He doesn't have to release anything. Why would he lie, seeing that you only have 4 posts, you are not gonna make many friends here putting people down like that.

uma

« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2006, 04:11:40 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
That was really dissappointing. All that was in the demo was walking around and 2 items.

Where are the enemies? Where are the room transitions? Where is the inventory?

Who's to say those screenshots arent mockups? You really need to add all the features you boast about having into your demos, as the demo you DID post had nothing special about it. It didnt even have a chat system.

Add some more content t your games before you release them, and don't tell people about features you claim to exist but only have a screenshot of.

*Shakes his head* Why allow a user to have such incredible, fresh systems before a real demo? The way I see it, he's keeping them under wraps so when a person plays the game, the systems will be new. If he allowed a demo, there wouldn't be any suprise! At all! Now we don't want that, do we? :(

You gotta have faith, man!
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/

Leif-Ericson

« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2006, 06:55:35 am »
I'd like to see you do even this.

You're on. Expect a new game from me that has all these features, except I will make it so you enter peoples thoughts. Thanks for the game idea Bboy!

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2006, 06:57:55 am »
Let's not have a fight okay? We'll leave that for Link and the enemies he fights to do okay?
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2006, 04:44:28 pm »
That was really dissappointing. All that was in the demo was walking around and 2 items.

Who's to say those screenshots arent mockups? You really need to add all the features you boast about having into your demos, as the demo you DID post had nothing special about it. It didnt even have a chat system.

Add some more content t your games before you release them, and don't tell people about features you claim to exist but only have a screenshot of.
LMAO. In need of some attention are we?

Considering you're only on your fifth post, I should be annoyed at you thinking you can tell me what I can or can't do, saying I'm 'boasting', and implying that my project is fake.
Instead I'll just point out the irony in a) trash-talking my game and then stealing the idea, and b) that most of your criticisms could be levelled at your own demo. And I'll politely ask you to stay the hell out of my thread in future, thanks.  ;D

For the people who don't think I suck, I'm happy to report progress is going well, and I'm only being quiet at the moment as I'm pretty much avoiding the internet altogether until TP arrives and I can play it spoiler-free. Thanks, for your faith in me, see you on the other side of December 8th.  ;)

Leif-Ericson

« Reply #165 on: November 13, 2006, 09:13:46 pm »
Well if you are doing so much work on the game, prove it. All I saw in that demo was a basic walkaround demo that a child could make. There was no inventory ande if this was posted on the GMC everyone would say it sucks.

It's a good start, but you seriously need to add more content.
« Reply #166 on: November 17, 2006, 02:28:50 am »
Maybe he doesn't have to or want to prove it.

Maybe he is a child.

You start off with no inventory in every game

Maybe no one cares what GMC would say.

STHU, god I think like KM said you just want attention and want to look like you are a regular.
« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2006, 05:46:44 pm »
  • [sic]

Add some more content to your games before you release them, and don't tell people about features you claim to exist but only have a screenshot of.
Well, considering most walking demos I've seen don't have any items other than the sword, I'd say the demo is doing pretty well so far. Also, a child could not have made that demo. Mob has put incredible work into it - everything in it is seamless, it even has things that the Capcom developers left out of the Minish Cap.

Also, it would be absolutely, fatally terrible if games only had screenshots and descriptions of things that they have already released. NOBODY would be interested at all, there would be nothing to make people want to download it. If you only included things in the demo in the description and screens, then Mob wouldn't even be able to tell the basic game plot. Besides which, when further demos come out, we will be able to see the features he has told us about, and expect more from future demos.

Also, just as he could be lying about what he has done, his demos could be fake, too. They could be stolen. ;) I'm sorry, but you've just gotta trust the developer. I do. He's proven how well he can code, and I wouldn't doubt that he can do/has done any of the things he's told us about.

Also, just one thing more - as fellow game developers, I bet the fellows at the GMC would also be impressed by how thorough the demo is for a walking demo. I doubt they would say it sucks, they can appreciate the hard work Mob's put into it.

LMAO. In need of some attention are we?

Considering you're only on your fifth post, I should be annoyed at you thinking you can tell me what I can or can't do, saying I'm 'boasting', and implying that my project is fake.
Instead I'll just point out the irony in a) trash-talking my game and then stealing the idea, and b) that most of your criticisms could be levelled at your own demo. And I'll politely ask you to stay the hell out of my thread in future, thanks.  ;D
Sharp, dude. ;)

For the people who don't think I suck, I'm happy to report progress is going well, and I'm only being quiet at the moment as I'm pretty much avoiding the internet altogether until TP arrives and I can play it spoiler-free. Thanks, for your faith in me, see you on the other side of December 8th.  ;)
Heh. See ya then. Hope to see some kind of updates again, eh? Text, most likely. And god for you about avoiding TP spoilers, I'd do the same. Games are so much less imersing and fantastic when you've heard so much about 'em.
« Reply #168 on: November 18, 2006, 08:44:22 am »

Who's to say those screenshots aren't mockups? You really need to add all the features you boast about having into your demos, as the demo you DID post had nothing special about it. It didn't even have a chat system.

look, you seem to be pissing of quite a few people (including me) who are supporting this game and others who are interested in it. I'd like to see you make a walking engine that well, I've been using GM for nearly 4 years now and even my game, Cloud of Darkness hasn't got a movement engine that good. where's your game? I'd like to see your engine before you heck other people out about their games.  :P and most people don't want criticism, just people to politely point out any faults or bugs so they can correct them.
Also, if you have read other posts, people want to rip out his hard work of new added features to use in their own games, (you wouldn't want that now, would you?) so of course he wouldn't put them in a demo.
so i advise you not to go throwing criticism at games that claim things but don't have them in demos. >:(
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2006, 10:55:15 am »

@King Mob: Unbelievble that stupid miserable *censor* people like this live in the world.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 11:03:00 am by Hyrule_boy »
« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2006, 01:21:31 am »
All I saw in that demo was a basic walkaround demo that a child could make. There was no inventory ande if this was posted on the GMC everyone would say it sucks.
Saying this alone proves your stupidity. Compared to nearly every other Zelda game, this one is the most fluid one I've seen. It is smooth and has perfect collision, and nice details such as rain that looks smooth and perfect tiling. You should spend less time talking about other people's games and working on your own; god knows you need it.

Mathazzar

« Reply #171 on: December 07, 2006, 12:42:33 am »
Guys, if you need a composer to score your game, I would love to do it. Check out my topic here for some samples of my work! :)

http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=11086.msg122233#new
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer (17/12/...
« Reply #172 on: December 17, 2006, 09:17:58 pm »
I was originally just going to post a few words assuring you guys I hadn't stopped work on The Shadowgazer even though I've been trying to set up a new community project, but I thought I'd share this with you. Made me laugh anyway. :P

I took a break last week to play Twilight Princess, but had done a lot of work the week before. Coming back to it yesterday I realised I'd completely forgetten what the last thing I was working on was... So I ran the game to get back up to speed and it suddenly came back to me:
Download clip
I remember now, it was late and I thought "I'll tone it down tomorrow." Obviously never got round to it...!

You get a little glimpse of Kakariko Village and the graveyard, and you can see I'm adding sound effects, even though the volume levels need optimising...

And Mathazzar, thanks for your offer - check your PMs. ;)
« Reply #173 on: December 17, 2006, 10:20:07 pm »
Did you sprite these cucoos?

I thought the cucoo thing was funny, like from OOT. The only thing I think you should add is some kind of indicator that you've gone past the breaking point. Like a screech from the cucoo, or something not just the game "freezes".

Great looking village - you've done a great job tiling. The graveyard looked too "happy". Maybe you should make a path that connects to the graveyard that has the happy feel of Kakariko at the beginning and it begins to rain and get dark at the end, so it's already like that when you enter. Either way, keep it up.

I noticed some serious slowdown when all the cucoos flew onscreen.

Finally - just wondering, from a structural point of view - have you made rooms connected, or separate? Like all of Hyrule Field is one massive room, or each area is split up? Or, like is Kakariko actually the same room, GM6-wise?

Also, to lessen the volume, are you using the sound_volume function, or using a DLL (FMOD, SAudio, etc.) to lessen the volume? Again, just wondering.

FINALLY, what did you use to record the sound? Just a regular mic?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 10:27:07 pm by Scooternew »
« Reply #174 on: December 17, 2006, 11:08:56 pm »
Did you sprite these cucoos?
Nope, they're regular cuccos from The Minish Cap.

I thought the cucoo thing was funny, like from OOT. The only thing I think you should add is some kind of indicator that you've gone past the breaking point. Like a screech from the cucoo, or something not just the game "freezes".
There is. The cucco crows exactly like in OOT when the game freezes - you still having trouble with the sound?  :P

I noticed some serious slowdown when all the cucoos flew onscreen.
That can be attributed to the compression of the video, it all goes a bit blurry and choppy when anything is moving sufficiently fast. Plus running Fraps always seems to degrade performance... I've toned the number of cuccos down quite a bit anyway (!) and there is no slowdown at all.

Finally - just wondering, from a structural point of view - have you made rooms connected, or separate? Like all of Hyrule Field is one massive room, or each area is split up? Or, like is Kakariko actually the same room, GM6-wise?
There are separate rooms but some of them, like Hyrule Field and Kakariko Village, are fairly huge. If you mean is something massive and open like Hyrule Field made up of small connected rooms, no, that wouldn't really faciliate the horseback combat - you're moving pretty fast and you and your opponents need plenty of room to manoeuver. There are some big ass rooms.

Also, to lessen the volume, are you using the sound_volume function, or using a DLL (FMOD, SAudio, etc.) to lessen the volume? Again, just wondering.

FINALLY, what did you use to record the sound? Just a regular mic?
I've built a sound controller object that handles everything but spot effects. It uses the simple sound_volume functions, but it's pretty robust, all the music and ambient effects ebb and flow nice and seamlessly during room transitions. I haven't felt the need to use a DLL, since it's been exhaustively tested (because the clock has a huge effect on it) and it works perfectly as it is. The code's pretty simple, but thorough enough to make it appear sophisticated.  ;)

To record the Wind Waker sound effects I just hook my MP3 player up to the TV. It has a line in socket and can record with real-time WAV encoding. Not the greatest quality, but good enough for my purposes.

Link94

« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2006, 01:26:42 am »
Wow Awsome clip Those areas will be in the game correct?
« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2006, 02:01:40 am »
nice clip, just curious about a few things, firstly how come all the chimneys are blocked off? and how come the hay roofs cover so much of the doors?

also, I think you went a bit overboard with the chickens, so much its passed the point of overwhelming and impressive to being just too much

uma

« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2006, 02:35:07 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
nice clip, just curious about a few things, firstly how come all the chimneys are blocked off? and how come the hay roofs cover so much of the doors?

also, I think you went a bit overboard with the chickens, so much its passed the point of overwhelming and impressive to being just too much

I'm assuming it adds perspective to the whole deal... I think its a nice addition.

As for the chimenies... maybe something to do with a part of the game? Just a guess.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2006, 03:48:47 am »
Haven't checked out the demo or clip...cause I'm just too darn lazy, but the concept of the game seems pretty sweet. I like the new take on the two worlds, could have some interesting puzzle designs, especially if you put more of a town emphasis on the game...since that's where a lot of the people, and therefore fears, will be. Will there be an item that allows you to go in between worlds freely later in the game? Usually that happens...but the only thing I could think of is like...a portable bed, which is kinda lame. Or maybe some kind of lens that allows you to see into the dream world...like the Lens of Truth in OoT. Just curious what all you plan to do with this.

And I like the screens...look pretty professional, the HUD and all. Good job, dude. Keep it up...don't let TP distract you TOO much :p
Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us
« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2006, 06:07:26 pm »
Wow Awsome clip Those areas will be in the game correct?
Yeah, they will. I'm still working on them so they'll be subject to change, like I'll probably act on Scooter's suggestion to make a longer path to the graveyard, but they're in the game and they're part of the starting area.

nice clip, just curious about a few things, firstly how come all the chimneys are blocked off?
Just haven't finished them. Not decided what they're going to look like yet, that's all. I'll probably keep tinkering with the buildings for a while yet...

how come the hay roofs cover so much of the doors?
I didn't like how the door was incorporated into the original roof anyway, but I based the edits on a style of thatched roof that's common in the UK (common in the more picturesque parts of country anyway!) It's meant to overhang like a small porch, and from that angle of elevation you wouldn't be able to see much of the door, no. But I went for that style in particular as there's a sequence in the game where I'm trying to get the player to return to a certain place in the village without delay, so I came up with with a situation where it will be absolutley pissing down with rain and all the villagers are sheltering under their porches, conveniently blocking their front doors - just a more interesting way of steering the player to where you need them to go than confusing them with a load of locked houses. There's a grand plan behind every little thing... :P

That was kinda the point of posting the clip. I totally underestimated how many chickens would be generated, and I just thought it was pretty funny. There are a lot fewer now, believe me.  ;D

Will there be an item that allows you to go in between worlds freely later in the game? Usually that happens...but the only thing I could think of is like...a portable bed, which is kinda lame. Or maybe some kind of lens that allows you to see into the dream world...like the Lens of Truth in OoT. Just curious what all you plan to do with this.
I don't know about that, I haven't thought that far ahead yet. I don't think there will be a need for it, but that's one of the things I won't know until I can see how the game plays. There is a point when you're involuntarily put in the nightmare realm through being knocked unconscious, so there could easily be more than one way to go in there. The Shadowgazer isn't the 'key' to the nightmare realm - the idea is that everybody goes there when they dream - wearing it round your neck just allows you to remain lucid when you're there. So I could definitely explore more possibilities than having to search for a bed every time, because basically you just need to fall asleep... Hypnosis? Drugs???
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 52   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.289 seconds with 75 queries.

anything