Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Farrowers  (Read 2616 times)

The Farrowers
« on: May 25, 2012, 12:57:50 am »
My actual second character is going to have a fairly long story that I thought of as I went for the most part. I'll update it over time since it is kind of long, and the end result has a story that sounded a lot better in my head. I still think it's kind of neat, so here goes nothing. :huh:

The guy is there for size comparison, hopefully I'll have some better art later for it. The colors / patterns on the shell are not what I pictured in my head, and looks pretty sloppy. Just to give you an idea of what I'm picturing though. The final will be vector art probably.

Part 1
2039: A group of Helium 3 miners from the WULP (Western United Lunar Program) made first contact with alien life. The creature was as large as a whale, and it was no green man in a spaceship. This animal, later called a farrower, was a massive ovular shape, with a hard crustacean like shell. The shell was a myriad of constantly shifting colors, with thousands of short vibrating tendrils protruding from it's body. The only other defining characteristic was four longer whip like tendrils or feelers positioned in a line side by side. The miners had little time to react or think of what to do when the strange being floated down and positioned itself in front of them, hovering a few feet from the lunar surface.

The moment the creature stopped it's descent, the four terrified representatives of the human race had no need to worry about wondering what to say. "We come in peace," or a simple "Hello," was unnecessary. A low hum was emitted from the creature, and the whiplike arms gracefully wavered. The minds of the miners were simultaneously subjected to beautiful sounds, heard only by them. They later described these sounds as impossibly beautiful, but that the only real sound emitted was a low frequency hum. One miner later described the sounds in his head as beautiful noise, almost musical. The miner was sure it was a language, though of course the meaning of the words were unknown...
Re: The Farrowers
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 01:22:15 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
I like this so far.  Very interesting, and the idea of a musical language as a form of communication is quite intriguing.  I am looking forward to seeing more of this.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 01:52:15 am »
The most surprising sensation about the contact was a rushing wave of pleasure and joy that washed over the group. Hours after they fled in fear and awe they were examined by physicians on the lunar base. They all had unusually high amounts of dopamine, and were so consumed by a constant lingering happiness, they all were considered high for almost a full day. When a larger group of soldiers, scientists, and WULP managers went out to confront the animal later, they went fully prepared. Wearing protective suits they hoped to remain impervious to any similar euphoric waves and keep a clear head while attempting to capture and examine the alien.

The creature was cooperative and willingly taken captive, although it did not communicate with this group. It was locked in a large containment area. The first tests done were simply to examine the language the miner's had described, and attempting to elicit the same drug-like effect they experienced. The animal did not speak, and it did not send out any similar waves of body encompassing dopamine. Crueler tests were done on the creature after that, in order to study what it was made of, in order to understand. The creature reacted calmly to it all, and the colors on it's sides started to fade...

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 11:08:50 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
This is definitely a loooot better than Homozygoat ;). Good job, loving it so far.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 03:46:30 am »
Thanks Star :P

After being in captivity for more than a few days, the short appendages on the alien's side stopped their constant vibration. After being in captivity for more than a few weeks, the animal stopped floating, and sank to the ground. It did not move. It did not react at all, even when one of the longer arm tendrils was cut off and studied. After being in captivity for more than a few months, the shell stopped changing colors entirely. It was a solid pale gray color after that.

The animal was thought to be dead, but the fleshy exposed organs beneath parts of shell that were removed were beating, and full of life. Out of ideas and without being any closer to understanding the animal, the researchers killed it, piercing the organs within. This did successfully end the animal's life, and a full autopsy research was conducted.

Still, they understood little. The original miners that made contact with the animal, and saw it in it's true glory, were closer to understanding it than any of the scientists. The entire situation was kept hidden from the general public.
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 03:35:22 am »
2044: Another member of the same species visited Earth. The creature flew over multiple crowded cities in the United States, before landing near a park where some important speaker was giving some important speech to some large number of listeners, who all felt equally important. None of them felt very important in the big picture after being humbled by the visitor from space. Once again the being attempted communication, only this time it was with a crowd. This time it was not possible to keep under wraps. The blissful wave of dopamine was once again somehow sent forth from the being and doused the crowd in peaceful tidings. It was not long before the docile, stunned crowd was removed by government agents who had been tracking the alien since it was spotted over a city.

Having had the full report from the WULP years earlier, the agents were told to detain the alien and to make a similar more comprehensive attempt at studying the creature. The unfortunate events that occurred on the lunar base years ago took place once again. The extraterrestrial was not killed, but it was left alone in the holding cell after giving up on flight and losing the color from it's shell
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 03:53:11 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
One of them dead and the other one stuck in a secret government facility, someone might as well hunt down the bastards who murdered and contained the creatures. >:D
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 03:56:04 pm by zdude684 »
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 12:12:20 am »
I'm considering changing the ending to my story because I'm not sure I like it...

EDIT: So I'm gonna lock this and try again with another character. The story is too long probably, and may not get as many votes due to people not reading the entire story. Even the people who read the entire story would just be disappointed because I had a fairly poor ending.

Basically a third alien comes, and this time visits a small nomadic tribe in an African desert. The same benevolent song-like telepathy and dopamine rush is received by the nomadic tribe. They've heard of the alien in 2044 that was taken by the government, even though they stay relatively out of touch with the modern world. It was just too huge of news not to hear.

They actually give their own kind greeting in return, singing songs and whatever. The aliens eventually communicate with the nomadic leader, and through constant telepathic use the language starts making sense to him. The farrower explains how his people have come before, after searching for a long time for life on other planets. They'd found life, but on many planets where they found it the only life was wild animals, non-sentient life forms. They searched long and hard to find a species with a similar advanced culture and love for peace and the arts.

Because of the abuse the humans had done to the first aliens, the farrowers realized humans could truly be evil. They'd never come across evil life before, and decided it had to be destroyed, even if the act was malicious in itself. They decided to spare many because of the experience with the African tribe... but in my story they do come and kill off a bunch of humans, then make a new peaceful society with the nomadic tribe and other surviving humans.

So that ending is really sloppy and makes you not like the aliens very much, since they killed a !@#$% load of humans because some humans were cruel. Thus, locked ::)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 01:46:00 am by Moldrill »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 56 queries.

anything