Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [cut]Hylian Soldiers  (Read 5234 times)

[cut]Hylian Soldiers
« on: June 06, 2012, 03:26:52 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Name: Guard
HP: 2
Attacks:
Tackle - No damage
Stab - .5 HP
The Hylian guard is there simply as an annoyance.  They keep the town clean of filth.  If they see Link in the rich side, they will chase him until they can tackle him, which results in him being jailed in the local guard house or the poor side depending on how far into the rich side you are.  Having a red alert however will cause guards to attack to kill.  Being near the castle itself automatically puts you into a red alert until you leave the area.

Name: Knight
HP: 4
Attacks
Slash - 1HP
The Hylian Knight protects the areas closest to the castle.  They will attack to kill regardless of where they see you.  Stronger, more health and better armor - but also slower to run than the guard.  These are much rarer to come by but will on occasion show up in the lesser rich areas for their patrol or to respond to an emergency.

Should Link attack either of these, available soldiers in the area will come to their aid.  All weapons prove effective against them.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:45:10 pm by MG-Zero »

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Re: [cut]Hylian Soldiers
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 04:32:25 pm »
I don't think Link should be able to attack/kill them. It just does not seem right for a Zelda game. You would be killing those, that you are trying to protect from evil.

In addition, these guys walk around town. I don't think Link should get hurt by anything in towns, unless there is some special story event.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 05:22:57 pm »
Well they could just run off or get knocked out when their HP drains.  Also, the gdd states that under a red alert, guards chase to kill.

Red Alert!: when a guard spots Link, he will run after him and attack until he dies. Link can escape guards by hiding, walking into a shop, or leaving town. If guards see Link hide, they'll stick around. Otherwise they'll keep wandering around the area where they lost him.

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 05:27:19 pm »
Yes, I know. But it still is not something I am entirely comfortable with.
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 06:27:41 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Niek, think mainly Kakariko Village from ALTTP, with a few aspects from Assassin's parkour or Grand Theft Auto.

Steve, I'm kinda thinking they're a bit too aggressive though, to the point where they'd be real annoying.

How do you feel about Guards just walking after Link and if they catch up, "asking" him to leave (you're teleported to wherever you entered the rich section from). Rather than running after and tackling link on a default alert.

Actually, rather than making a whole bunch of suggestions, mind if I just encompass them all with my own soldier enemy? :p
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 06:32:22 pm »
Yea, go for it, make your own thread!  I'll make adjustments here as well.

EDIT: As far as aggressiveness goes, what do you think needs to be changed?  Is it just the tackle stuff?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 06:34:23 pm by MG-Zero »

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 06:47:19 pm »
  • It's just Max.
No, it was the determination with which they pursue you. I mean, they hate the poor, but they're civilized. They won't just be like POORPERSONACTIVATEKILLMODE! and go sprinting off after the offending party like Link's the other team's quarterback.
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 06:53:43 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
What if link's gang has a really bad reputation, And maybe it's members are on "probation".
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 07:05:30 pm »
No, it was the determination with which they pursue you. I mean, they hate the poor, but they're civilized. They won't just be like POORPERSONACTIVATEKILLMODE! and go sprinting off after the offending party like Link's the other team's quarterback.

That behavior was intended for the Red Alert, actually.  Default reaction is just walk after him (like in your concept animations) and throw him out when captured.

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 07:21:13 pm »
Niek, think mainly Kakariko Village from ALTTP, with a few aspects from Assassin's parkour or Grand Theft Auto.
I remember ALttP. And it was also the only Zelda game that had enemies inside the town. No other Zelda game ever did that again, except for story events.

I do like the red alert thing though, except for the killing bit. I think on default alert you get put outside the rich part of town and with red alert you get thrown in the police jail, that you will need to lock-pick (I know Zelda logic at its best).

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 09:01:26 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I'm digging this up so when MG-Zero gets his power back, he can elaborate on whether or not this is to be kept or elaborated on.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 02:31:12 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I personally think this needs developed a lot more, and maybe toned down to be less annoying. You've got !@#$% to do in the rich side of town, so you need to be able to walk around. Maybe they follow you and wait to catch you doing something illegal, rather than chasing you and throwing you out, as default behavior. So that you can still interact in rich Hyrule town. I've been playing assassin's parkour, and their guards are great, gameplay wise.

Sandy swipe MG's electricity?
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 03:18:08 am »
I'm gonna withdraw this one

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.284 seconds with 64 queries.

anything