Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Revise]Wraith  (Read 4417 times)

[Revise]Wraith
« on: July 10, 2012, 05:49:07 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Name: Wraith

Description: A floating black ball of smoke, wraiths roam around where there are spirits who were forced to leave the world of the living before their time.  They float around looking for things to steal.  Any items that drop, you can be sure they'll go for it!  They especially love rupees and seashells and will actually pursue the player in an attempt to get them to drop some things.  Should you try to hide underwater, they'll actually wait there for you to come back up.  In this case however, the player can swim faster than the wraith can float, so they can escape them this way.

Ram: .5HP, player drops a random amount of rupees (no more than 3 of each rupee type will drop however.  Larger rupees are less likely to drop) and on occasion, a secret seashell.

How to defeat: Arrows are useless as they'll just steal them (this includes fire and ice arrows).  The boomerang they will attempt to steal, but will get pulled in towards the player by it.  This can be good or bad for the player depending on how quickly they can strike back.  The hookshot will take 2 shots to kill it, while the Gerudo sword takes 3 hits and the noble and master sword each take 1.  All other items are useless.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 06:48:40 pm by Niek »

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Dark-Hylian

Silence
Re: [Submission]Wraith
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 07:29:53 pm »
I like it! It's like the Boes from Majora's Mask, but a bit more hardcore. One thing to take into consideration about the wraiths though, is that they seem decently hard to kill, so you couldn't have them in groups too large, or it would get seriously frustrating. Perhaps, and this is just an idea, have two kinds of wraiths:

Name: Black Wraith
Description: A bouncing ball of smoke that roams around looking for things to steal, yada yada.
Ram - .25 / .5 Hp
Chance on hit (about 1 in 4) to knock out up to 10 Rupees (in value, not number). If they touch these Rupees (which get sprayed around) they pick them up, and (maybe) drop them on death.
These come in large groups, and are easily two shottable with the weakest sword, one shottable with most everything else. They swarm at you from dark corners, and their numbers are their main advantage.

Name: Other Wraith xD
Description: A bouncing ball of smoke that roams around looking for things to steal, yada yada.
Ram - .5 / 1 Hp
On hit, knock out up to 20 Rupees (in value, not number). If they touch these Rupees (which get sprayed around) they pick them up, and (maybe) drop them on death.
These are larger, and can take up to three hits with the weakest sword to kill. Arrows and bombs have no effect, as they gobble them up before any damage can be done. They come in sets of 1 or 2, with 3 being a rare occurrence (last dungeon or something).

Just food for thought.
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 06:42:04 pm »
  • King of the hoard!
It makes me think of an undead Like-Like lol.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 09:04:56 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
...why wasn't this tooooouched at allllllll?

Any thoughts? Elaborations?
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 09:29:37 pm »
Sorry I just don't know what to think of it. On one hand I think it is great, but on the other I got to wonder how this works in a MC setting.
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 01:14:00 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Hmm,  think it'd work fine. What problems do you anticipate, Niek?

Also, if we use shiekah wraiths especially, but even if we don't, I think Wraiths is a pretty bad ass name for cute lil blobs of smoke. Why not just call them Boes, since they're like the Boes from Majora's mask?
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 05:49:05 pm »
The water part mostly. If you dive and they wait for you to come up, does this mean that they stay at the place where you went under, or do they even follow you when you are under water. Because Link cannot use a weapon in the water and thus diving is the only way to evade them, he is pretty much screwed. In MC Link cannot get out of the water unless there is a ramp or shallow water. Link also only comes up from under water if a predefined amount of time has passed. This makes the player a sitting duck.

I think it would be better that the wraith would scurry off and goes his own way after Link dives. If Link still gets close the wraith may pick up his scent again.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 05:52:34 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
The water part mostly. If you dive and they wait for you to come up, does this mean that they stay at the place where you went under, or do they even follow you when you are under water. Because Link cannot use a weapon in the water and thus diving is the only way to evade them, he is pretty much screwed. In MC Link cannot get out of the water unless there is a ramp or shallow water. Link also only comes up from under water if a predefined amount of time has passed. This makes the player a sitting duck.

I think it would be better that the wraith would scurry off and goes his own way after Link dives. If Link still gets close the wraith may pick up his scent again.

...or the speed of the Wraith is slower when Link is underwater. That gives the player a chance to completely avoid the Wraith when emerging from the water.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 06:44:02 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I think Star's solution works pretty well.
Re: [Revise]Wraith
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 06:49:30 pm »
If MG thinks the same then it will be accepted once revised and updated to the template in the OP.
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 09:33:12 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Yea, we can do that.  Lemme update the original post..

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 12:34:53 am »
  • It's just Max.
I'm pretty down with this now, although I still think that, if we're considering the Shiekah Wraith (which, are we?) then these guys should have a different name. Also, Wraith is pretty sinister for these lil guys. Maybe a reference to Skull Kids, who steal things? Or Boes, because that's what I'm imagining they look like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 59 queries.