Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Revise] Shiekah Wraith  (Read 5075 times)

[Revise] Shiekah Wraith
« on: July 18, 2012, 10:35:13 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Name: Shiekah Wraith
HP:
Gerudo Scimitar - 6 hits
Noble Blade - 4 hits
Master Sword - 2-3 hits

Description:
The Shiekah Wraiths are a byproduct of a bloodstained culture and centuries of experimentation with dark magic. They are beings trapped in a dark void between worlds, and are usually visible only as glowing whisps of vapor, and invulnerable. Without the shadow cloak, they will ignore Link unless he gets too close, in which case the whispy wraith will glide over and attach himself to Link. Link will only be able to see the whisp and notice that he is walking slower and beginning to take damage, similar to the ghost rats from Twilight Princess. Link will take a quarter heart damage every two seconds (we can adjust this later) as the Wraiths cling to him and siphon his health. To dislodge the wraiths, Link can do a spin attack, which doesn't hurt them but makes them float away, or leave the room.

Upon donning the Shadow Cloak, Link enters the same realm as them, and as a reaction to Link's presence in their plane, the Wraiths enter a different mode. They appear as huge, white, glowing, spindly figures, levitating slightly off the ground. (I imagine them as a combination of Poes from TP and Chozo Ghosts from Metroid prime.) Or maybe they look more like ghosty dementors.

To clarify their reactions to Link and the cloak:
Without the Cloak, Link can see them only as whisps, and the wraiths can only see Link as a whisp. They will cling onto him if he walks close by, but will otherwise ignore him.

Once Link dons the Cloak, however, he and the wraiths can see each other. Any wraith currently attached to Link will realize Link needs to be destroyed, and back off so it can attack. Wraiths that aren't currently attached to Link will notice him, even if without the cloak he'd be too far away to notice. All the wraiths will begin to circle Link, attacking him one by one until he takes the cloak off or leaves the room.

Behavior (When Wearing Shadow Cloak):
 - Any attached wraith will immediately glide back away from Link, but other wraiths in the area will take note and join the attack. Basically, all the wraiths in the area will abandon their previous behaviour and start circling Link. With the cloak on, Wraiths will follow Link, but keep their distance, except when attacking.

- If Link takes his cloak off, the wraiths will loose interest and return to whatever they were doing. Floating around, I guess.

- Shiekah Wraiths are quick, and will dodge many of your attacks, like jumping Stalfos (not by jumping over your sword, just by moving back).

- They can be defeated by timing your sword slashes so you hit right after they dodge, or by hitting them with fire arrows, which burn them. Ice arrows freeze them, and any concussive hit will shatter them after that. The sword techniques mostly work, with a couple exceptions being the shield attack, which they dodge, and the barrel ambush. I don't think you can use items like the shadow cloak while in a barrel.

- They will be attracted to the shadow clone, however, they will only spend several seconds trying to siphon its health before realizing they've been duped and focusing back on Link. They will be tricked by every shadow clone.

Attacks:
Wraiths, while visible, will have two attacks:

Charge - They will periodically charge at Link. Their charge is preceded by a brighter glow and an unearthly, redead-like scream. If they hit Link, they latch on and Link is frozen for a second, taking 1.5 to 2 hearts damage. The only way to counter this is by dodging or attacking them before they get you. The wraiths can go right through an attempt to block their charge with a shield, so shields are ineffective.

Magic Attack - This attack is preceded by a brighter glow. The wraith shoots a ball of energy at Link. Contact with the ball will cause Link's controls to be reversed. Unless we're doing that too much already, in which case, it will just hurt, I guess. The only way to avoid this attack is to dodge.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:48:02 pm by Donotfeedthemax »
Re: [Submission] Shiekah Wraith
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 10:42:44 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Name: Shiekah Wraith
HP:
Gerudo Scimitar - 6 hits
Noble Blade - 4 hits
Master Sword - 2-3 hits

Description:
The Shiekah Wraiths are a byproduct of a bloodstained culture and centuries of experimentation with dark magic. They are beings trapped in a dark void between worlds, and are usually invisible and invulnerable. They will ignore Link unless he gets too close, in which case the wraith will glide over and attach himself to Link. Without the Shadow Cloak, Link will only notice them as walking slower and beginning to take damage, similar to the ghost rats from Twilight Princess. Link will take a quarter heart damage every two seconds (we can adjust this later) as the Wraiths cling to him and siphon his health.

Upon donning the Shadow Cloak, Link enters the same realm as them. They appear as white, glowing, spindly figures, levitating slightly off the ground. (I imagine them as a combination of Poes from TP and Chozo Ghosts from Metroid prime.) When Link puts the Shadow Cloak on, they will cease simply leeching his health and take a more active role in his destruction, recognizing him as an intruder to their plane.

Behavior (When Wearing Shadow Cloak):
 - Any attached wraith will immediately glide back away from Link, but other wraiths in the area will take note and join the attack. With the cloak on, Wraiths will follow Link, but keep their distance, except when attacking.

- If Link takes his cloak off, the wraiths will loose interest and return to whatever they were doing. Floating around, I guess.

- Shiekah Wraiths are quick, and will dodge many of your attacks, like jumping Stalfos (not by jumping over your sword, just by moving back).

- They can be defeated by timing your sword slashes so they hit right after they dodge, or by hitting them with fire arrows, which burn them. Ice arrows freeze them, and any concussive hit will shatter them after that. The sword techniques mostly work, with a couple exceptions being the shield attack, which they dodge, and the barrel ambush. I don't think you can use items like the shadow cloak while in a barrel.

Attacks:
Wraiths, while visible, will have two attacks:

Charge - They will periodically charge at Link. Their charge is preceded by a brighter glow. Hitting Link causes him 1.5 to 2 hearts damage. The only way to counter this is by dodging or attacking them before they get you. The wraiths can go right through an attempt to block their charge with a shield, so shields are ineffective.

Magic Attack - This attack is preceded by a brighter glow. The wraith shoots a ball of energy at Link. Contact with the ball will cause Link's controls to be reversed. Unless we're doing that too much already, in which case, it will just hurt, I guess. The only way to avoid this attack is to dodge.
I like it, it gives an explanation to what became the sheikah that The Hunter either killed or ate.
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 03:47:17 am »
  • King of the hoard!
I like this.  I think it would be cool to encounter a few of them before acquiring the shadow cloak, then after getting it Link is locked in a room with one of these things so he gets to take pleasure in being able to harm it. XD
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:50:30 am by HyperRidley »
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 02:58:46 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
It would be pretty sick of without the cloak, they appear as just like..little floaty things.  But once the cloak is on, they become these horrific ghost that CLEARLY want your blood.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 09:02:18 pm »
  • It's just Max.
That's another fun way to do it! It'd also be cool if they were actually pretty big, if we do it that way. There's a little wispy ghosty thing, and you put on the cloak and there's this HUGE terrifying wraith siphoning your soul! Excellent idea! First post modified to reflect the idea.

Also, HR, yeah, I totally had that in mind. You'll just, once or twice, have to walk through a room and you take damage and can't figure out why. Only once you have the shadow cloak can you rid the area of the phantom.

It'd also be cool if there were some hidden caves in the field with one or two of these, which you could come back to after getting the cloak.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:09:33 pm by Donotfeedthemax »

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 08:33:08 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I approve of this. Niek?
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 08:58:09 pm »
I am interested, but the screeching, grabbing and holding is also done by the Redead, which you can also find in the Sheikah Temple. So this does seem a bit double. However it still interests me.

The description concerning the shadow cloak also confuses me. In one part the cloak only allows you to see them. Then another part makes them back of from the player. Then another part they are even drawn to Link. I think Max should clear that up.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 08:59:25 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I am interested, but the screeching, grabbing and holding is also done by the Redead, which you can also find in the Sheikah Temple. So this does seem a bit double. However it still interests me.

The description concerning the shadow cloak also confuses me. In one part the cloak only allows you to see them. Then another part makes them back of from the player. Then another part they are even drawn to Link. I think Max should clear that up.

I agree with the second paragraph.

In terms of the ReDeads, maybe we could replace the Redead occurrance in the Sheikah Temple with these guys?
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 09:10:52 pm »
If the redeads are used appropriately in other places.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 10:07:52 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
If the redeads are used appropriately in other places.

Well, from what I see, ReDeads are all over the place. I don't see why we can't make replace ReDeads here with Shiekah Wraiths.
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 05:34:32 am »
It is okay with me, although the Sheikah Temple is the most fitting place for Redeads. But Max still needs to straighten out the description.
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 07:50:34 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Perhaps both could be in the shiekah temple. Also, there wouldn't be many wraiths in the beginning of the dungeon, because you wouldn't be equipped to fight them without the cloak. The wraiths are more powerful than the Redeads anyway.

Also, does this added paragraph clear things up?:

To clarify their reactions to Link and the cloak:

Without the Cloak, Link can see them only as whisps, and the wraiths can only see Link as a whisp. They will cling onto him if he walks close by, but will otherwise ignore him.

Once Link dons the Cloak, however, he and the wraiths can see each other. Any wraith currently attached to Link will realize Link needs to be destroyed, and back off so it can attack. Wraiths that aren't currently attached to Link will notice him, even if without the cloak he'd be too far away to notice. All the wraiths will begin to circle Link, attacking him one by one until he takes the cloak off or leaves the room.

I also added a little clarification about how to dislodge the wraiths without the shadow cloak, and their behaviour toward the shadow clone.
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 08:11:57 pm »
Wait, I thought they attacked by clinging onto you and draining the life from you. So why do they back of to attack?
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 08:32:58 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Hmm, maybe you can help me word this more clearly then, because you have a different point of view, but I'm trying to say, when you have no cloak on, they attach to you and leech your life. But then once you put the cloak on, their attack pattern changes, they back off and attack by charging at you.

The story behind this is that the Wraiths are as blind to the Hylian plane as the hylians are to the wraiths' realm. They can only see each other as blurry whisps, ghosts floating partially in one anothers' worlds. The shadow cloak, however, allows humans to enter this void between worlds that the wraiths inhabit. Normal hylians appear to the wraiths and whispy blurs, and the wraiths latch onto them, draining their life to try and fill the wraith's empty existence. However, putting on the shadow cloak draws Link into the world of the wraiths, and Link suddenly goes from a whisp that radiates life to a foreigner in the world of spirits. The wraiths, like many creatures whose territory is invaded, are surprised and attack. The passive, slow draining they were doing wasn't to destroy Link, is wasn't quick or efficient. Now, they back away from him to protect themselves and attack with charges.

Maybe the thing to say to explain this best is that without the cloak, Link can't threaten the wraiths, he's just a ghost in their world. However, with the cloak on, Link enters the void the Shiekah Wraiths inhabit, and they are suddenly threatened by him, now they're vulnerable. To avoid being destroyed by this new intruder, they back off and attack from a range for their own safety.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
Re: [Revise] Shiekah Wraith
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 10:35:35 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I set the tag to "Revise" since we are still discussing this submission. Sound good?
Re: [Revise] Shiekah Wraith
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 12:57:58 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Sounds fine. I'm still trying to make the submission understandable, I really thought their behavior was : p
Have I made it clear enough, or should I just alter their behavior or what?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 66 queries.

anything