Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] Walter  (Read 11041 times)

Re: [Submission] Walter
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 05:52:42 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Sorry for the double-post. Is this approved, or do I have to wait until someone else approves it?
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2012, 06:02:19 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
You need a second approval from someone.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, 06:06:52 pm »
You are still using Waillord in the description   ;) MG how could you have approved that  :P You also might want to update the OP with some of the discussion.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 06:39:11 pm by Niek »
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 06:14:41 pm »
  • It's the grineer
You are still using Waillord in the description   ;) MG how could you have approved that  :P

Done, I corrected it.
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2012, 06:18:43 pm »
You are still using Waillord in the description   ;) MG how could you have approved that  :P

Because it's a simple oversight that would have been amended in the GDD.

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2012, 06:39:57 pm »
Overall a nice conept with potential, but I still have a lot of questions though.

1) First the battle stadium. If the circles are platforms and the square in the middle is the water that Walter swims in, then what is the area outside the square where the platforms are sticking out off?

2) How do you get from the water in the middle to the platforms outside? Or can you climb up the front of the platform from whatever that area is?

3) You hit it with the boomerang to do damage?  :huh: The boomerang is mostly used to stun enemies, unless they are really weak. Does this guy have an angler or something that is weak and the boomerang can hit. And at does the bit more powerful hookshot than.

4) When Walter does the body slam and he lands on a platform, where there is no water, how does he get back in? Does he have legs?

5) The puddles of water from the spiracle rain, are they relevant to the fight or just a graphical nicety? Just a graphic is fine with me though.

6) How does ramming the platform Link is on hurt Link? Could you provide some more details.

7) When hookshotting Walter doesn't Link end up getting bump damage?

8) With a name like Walter, was he once the pet guppie of a zora or something   :o Give a bit backstory.

The description is a bit minimal. It just says a large blue whale, which seems like you want to copy Pokemon's Waillord again. You might want to work on his appearance, like distinguishing features.

I look forward to your answers and my suggestion is to also add those to the OP if you want it accepted  XD
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2012, 08:09:40 pm »
  • It's the grineer
1) I attached a file to the topic. That's how is supposed to be.

2) Again, there's no middle platform. And you can climb to any platform.

3) Sorry, I meant to say that was stunning XD

4) He just jumps a bit, and returns to the water.

5) If you walk over them, you'll get slower.

6) He prepares the attack, rams into the platform and if Link is in the platform he'll get hurt, because Walter jumps a bit from the water.

7) When you use the hookshot he'll have his finns extended, so you can land there and attack him.

8) He was once like the protector of the zora. He was cursed by another tribe in a war against the zora, and he has lost control of himself. He can do anything, but attack anyone who approaches to him. Also, I was thinking in changing his color to something like vermillion red.
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2012, 05:46:18 pm »
Niek, what do you think of the answers?

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2012, 07:18:11 pm »
Hmm, I still don't see how slamming a platform would hurt Link. It seems more likely that Walter knocks himself out that way. The platform seems the safest place to be. The Body slam into the platforms shod be done better. Maybe hitting the platforms will break them, throwing Link in the water and leaving Link a bit defenceless. After a while the platform might regenerate. Or the shaking just knocks Link in the opposite direction. But that means the platforms should not be bordering the walls.

I don't think that the puddles of water slowing Link down is a good idea. Especially because puddles of water don't work that way and in other areas water will have no effect on his speed. He can even boost through it when swimming. To me the puddles would be better as just a graphical detail.

Also the hookshot thing is something I don't think would work well. This is a 2D game and not a 3D game. Link will either move horizontal or vertical and not in any direction. Thus if the hookshot point is moving vertical when Link is going horizontal it will look really strange. Either Walter will have to instantly freeze or make some really weird 2D physics. Neither one has my preference.

The hopping on the platform may even be a more interesting battle tactic against Walter than previously described. Lure him onto the platform in the right position that you have enough room to manouver to a safe spot (still on the platform) while you still have enough time to do sword damage to Walter when he hops back to the water.

The other answers I am fine with. They are good answers. Although his appearance could be tweaked as not to just look like the pokemon.
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2012, 10:49:43 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Hmm, I still don't see how slamming a platform would hurt Link. It seems more likely that Walter knocks himself out that way. The platform seems the safest place to be. The Body slam into the platforms shod be done better. Maybe hitting the platforms will break them, throwing Link in the water and leaving Link a bit defenceless. After a while the platform might regenerate. Or the shaking just knocks Link in the opposite direction. But that means the platforms should not be bordering the walls.

I don't think that the puddles of water slowing Link down is a good idea. Especially because puddles of water don't work that way and in other areas water will have no effect on his speed. He can even boost through it when swimming. To me the puddles would be better as just a graphical detail.

Also the hookshot thing is something I don't think would work well. This is a 2D game and not a 3D game. Link will either move horizontal or vertical and not in any direction. Thus if the hookshot point is moving vertical when Link is going horizontal it will look really strange. Either Walter will have to instantly freeze or make some really weird 2D physics. Neither one has my preference.

The hopping on the platform may even be a more interesting battle tactic against Walter than previously described. Lure him onto the platform in the right position that you have enough room to manouver to a safe spot (still on the platform) while you still have enough time to do sword damage to Walter when he hops back to the water.

The other answers I am fine with. They are good answers. Although his appearance could be tweaked as not to just look like the pokemon.

It looks that I'm not good explaining. When Link is standing on the platform, Walter will jump on the platform to slam Link. And the hookshot thing can be redone.
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2012, 04:27:54 pm »
The hookshot should either be redone or taken out entirely.  Maybe the player can do something to cause him to beach himself?

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2012, 10:13:00 pm »
  • It's the grineer
The hookshot should either be redone or taken out entirely.  Maybe the player can do something to cause him to beach himself?

See if you like it now  ;)
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2012, 11:00:25 pm »
Just be a weee bit more specific.  How does the player pull him out?  What do they target?  Is part of him, a horn for example, sticking out of the water at all times?

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 11:50:48 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Just be a weee bit more specific.  How does the player pull him out?  What do they target?  Is part of him, a horn for example, sticking out of the water at all times?

I guess I'll change it totally, it looks like it gives too much trouble an attack liek that.
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 06:03:02 pm »
Any updates?

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2012, 06:13:10 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Not much, as I had to remove attack with the hookshot, as I couldn't find an easy way. The only idea I have, is that it could work like a harpoon to damage it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:21:18 pm by BlazeBigBang »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 67 queries.