Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just bought a Wii U  (Read 7437 times)

Re: Just bought a Wii U
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2012, 07:55:07 am »
  • 笑い男
I do remember others talking about this text speed problem, and then others saying you can press B or something to speed it up... or something? Was there not a text speed option somewhere either?
I don't every remember being annoyed by such a thing for some reason though :S
I do remember thinking "huh? Why's it telling me what all these items are again?" when picking up those small items after ending the game and continuing again, but I think I completed the game without ending it (turning off the wii) more than once or twice ^^; so that didn't bother me all that much either, but it sure did surprise me.

Many people seem to hate fi.
Then again, many people seem to hate everything. If they don't absolutely love something, the next word in their list of vocabulary seems to be "hate". I'd say "hate"'s a pretty strong word, but apparently it's second best to "love" for many people. So may people being all so digital, only knowing the two polar opposites of something and nothing in between. It's either love or hate. A lot of people seem to express themselves that way at least.

I remember navi being "annoying" because she'd randomly say "hey!" and if you chose to talk to her, she'd definitely tell you something you already know/have already read. If you ignored her, she'd say "hey!" again, or something like that? Not all that huge a deal in the whole of things, but such tiny things really seem to get to people (and I guess with such a great game, you need to find somewhere to hate on, right?) and when I played that I was rather young, being rather impressionable too I guess, which is why I have the feeling that "navi = annoying". Otherwise, I don't think I'd have the same feeling as those that go "man that navi! I !@#$% hate her! so annoying!". Talking about navi, I remember the ending, where she flies away. Man now that's a feeling to remember.

I think it's the exact same as fi. Technically speaking, I don't think she's as "bad" as navi, but personally speaking, I loved her. Sure she'd tell me stuff I already knew, but she's not a !@#$% mind reader, plus, it's game, which again, doesn't read minds. What do you expect? What on earth are all these people going to do when they have children? Go around on message boards saying "I !@#$% hate my kids! They keep telling me stuff I already know! And this time they tell me even when I don't choose to ask them!!" >_>
tl;dr a lot of people need to grow up and get used to the world and see things from both their own perspective and that of the people they're dealing with, or end up being frustrated by the world and why it doesn't rotate around their desires.

I loved fi's character and the ending was absolutely great too. Emotions there. I never thought of her as a hindrance when playing the game either. Hearing her "I calculate a 87% something or other about something or other" was just humorous to me. It's her character. Also quite hilarious how some people seem to get annoyed how that number is in fact made up and different each time, even though the circumstances should be the same. What on earth are they seriously expecting lol. I don't remember Fi ever yelling at you to press a button to call her up though. A little sound would play if she had some info which was easy enough to ignore if you wanted.

I just feel like Nintendo thinks too much now about making games that families can play together and crap like that

That, plus I think they think a lot about making those great single player experiences the best possible, so of course none are ready at launch. (Them not talking about them doesn't mean they're not making anything either, of course.)

Also, when you're alone, yeah party games are pretty !@#$% and the thought of them are pretty !@#$% too, but when you play a good party game with friends, me god, it's so fun. Sure, zelda and so on gives us great experiences alone, but great fun with friends is also a pretty damn amazingly awesome experience. I bought nintendo land for this sake, because I know it'll be a LOT of fun to play with a certain group of kawaii people :D lol (yeah, sold separately here in Japan).

As you get older and are able to manage your own life yourself, take the best of them all, then you get the best of all worlds. It's great really :D
Personally, as a company I think nintendo is pretty damn great, but that's for a company, not for a service built to serve my needs as I demand. There is no service built for that, so yeah, all you can do is take your picks from what you think is best from what's available from everywhere. I don't really like sony as a company, but so what. There are tons of games I want to play from the playstation library and I'd get a PS3 in a flash if I ended up with a ton of spare cash. I'd so love to do that actually.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2012, 01:05:16 pm »
Fi would have been fine if you can skip through her mundane text. For example, every time you want her to tell you about some new enemy or a boss (the only useful thing she does, really) she always ends with 'you can always call on me' or whatever...It's like, yeah we know that O_o. Midna was better.

I agree by the way with the whole party game aspect. I don't have a lot of friends and they don't really live next door, so I just play games by myself mostly. I'd say the Wii U offers a fair amount of single player games though, albeit rehashes (Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, Zombie U, Assassins parkour etc.) I already moved to PC as my primary gaming platform years ago. PC > All consoles anyway. That's why Nintendo consoles are the only interesting deal for me. Because Nintendo games are never seen on PC, and plenty of PS3 and Xbox360 games are. Except for a few exclusives nobody cares about anyway (well, except Uncharted, that looks like fun !@#$%).

Back to Zelda. Imagine Nintendo actually doing something truly new and unique to the series. Get some HD, Skyrim graphics in there. Give every character voice-acting (honestly, there's not that much speech in an average Zelda game anyway, so might as well). You don't have to give Link a voice. Plenty of games have a silent protagonist. It would be a nice change of pace though. Skyward Sword at least got rid of the overworld. Not sure if that was a good idea, but at least it was something different. Though the Sky is not nearly as interesting as say, the Great Ocean in Wind Waker.

After playing Skyward Sword I feel the series has lost some of its epicness. It's still a great game, but Zelda used to be the next best thing for me. Now they just seem to be like 'just another Zelda game'. I already foresee that with the Wii U we'll probably just get another Skyward Sword-esque game that prefers to focus on the new controller instead of the game. I felt way too much attention in Skyward Sword went to the new Wii Motion Plus controller (which was frustrating and wrist numbingly annoying sometimes) instead of the game setting and design.
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2012, 08:31:56 pm »
Wow, Luke, that is a long way to say that Fi is pretty much the same as Navi, except Fi has better story participation and much less "Hey".
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 08:36:31 pm by Zaeranos »
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2012, 02:49:15 am »
  • 笑い男
I guess it's not just the end results that count in discussion :p

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 44 queries.