Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big Stuff for 3DS Coming Up!  (Read 1648 times)

Mirby

Drifter
Big Stuff for 3DS Coming Up!
« on: February 02, 2013, 02:06:19 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Hey, it's me! Here to be all excited about upcoming awesome games!

So here it is. Remember, all dates are for NA release.

First up we have Fire Emblem: Awakening, hitting 3DS any day now (seriously, street date is no longer existent). Taking place thousands of years after Marth's time, the adventure stars Chrom and a character designed by you, the player! Though this Avatar may not have the powers of the elements under their control (unless they go the route of Mage or other similarly attuned classes), he (or she) does play an integral role in the events of the story. Also, they aren't silent, but you do get to choose which voice works best for them. There's a demo available RIGHT NOW!

Next up is Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titans. A demo hits next Thursday which allows you to transfer all progress from it into the full game, releasing on the 26th of February. This fourth installment in the franchise that began on Nintendo DS takes the party into the skies! The soundtrack is once again done by the legendary Yuzo Koshiro as with the previous installments, and if you're interested in the previous 3 Amazon has just restocked them! Be sure to check this one out if you're a fan of first-person dungeon crawlers with a bit of challenge to them. Also if you have a taste for cartography, as you draw out the map of every floor of the dungeon yourself, a staple of the franchise.

On March 5th, we get Naruto Powerful Shippuden... but no one cares about that.  ;) On the same day we get Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate, the interlude game between the original LoS and the upcoming sequel. This one also combines the battle and magic system of LoS with the exploration of the Metroidvania entries, and sports a story spanning hundreds of years. Playing as Trevor Belmont (and eventually his descendant Simon along with the Alucard of this continuity), you'll be able to explore Dracula's castle in 4 different time periods, all in a story revolving around the titular Mirror of Fate.

March 19th brings us Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, a massive enhancement to 2009's Monster Hunter Tri (Wii). This one allows for crossplay between the 3DS version and the Wii U version, allowing players to freely move saves between the two to keep at their hunts wherever they may be. There are over 50 new monsters to hunt, along with loads of new equipment to forge. If you're unsure whether this is for you, look for a demo later this month (around February 21, actually).

March 24th brings us two sequels to some fun games. First up is Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Taking control of the cowardly green plumber, the player will help Professor Elvin Gadd figure out what happened to cause the mysterious Dark Moon to shatter and the formerly friendly ghosts helping him to turn against him. The action isn't limited to a single mansion either; this time around, Luigi will be exploring several mansions of various structure. The ghosts are also much more cunning this time around, some of them even sporting sunglasses to protect themselves from Luigi's flashlight!

Also releasing that date is Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. Though the Pokémon selection is smaller than in previous installments, it is the first to feature fully 3D models. This is also the first installment to feature Generation V Pokémon, somewhat silly considering Generation VI launches this October. Regardless of that, there's three things I'm excited about regarding this installment. First off is the removal of the Hunger meter present in previous Mystery Dungeon games; it returns in a few dungeons, but no longer will you have to shove a Big Apple down your Pokémon's throat to stop it from starving all the time. The second thing is the story; Mystery Dungeon games always have a phenomenal one, and I eagerly await seeing what twists and turns this one will bring. Lastly, there's the Magnagates. By pointing the 3DS's camera at a circular object (a cup, a doorknob, a Navi plush, etc), dungeons will be created that you can explore with a randomly chosen party. You can also save up to 16 of these dungeons for later exploration.

These are just the next two months as well. Other releases to look forward to are Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoners - Soul Hackers (4/16), Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Early 2013), Project X Zone (sometime this year), and Pokémon X/Y (October 2013).

Also, just to throw this in here, we'll be expecting some Smash Bros. 4 news at E3 (that one's for both 3DS and Wii U).

So there, a look at some upcoming awesome games!
there star, you happy? i posted about upcoming awesome games!

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Crim

Super Special Awesome
Re: Big Stuff for 3DS Coming Up!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 03:46:46 am »
  • I'm Pro!
totally getting fire emblem, luigi's mansion, pokemony, and id like to get etrian odyssey and monster hunter. and smash bros.
  • Crim is Pro!

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 01:12:56 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I've had my copies of EO4 for preorder for a while :D (one for me, one for my bf). I look forward to seeing an Etrian Odyssey game in 3D. I feel sad, I haven't beaten the third installment but I was almost there!
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 05:45:02 pm »
  • I'm Pro!
I've had my copies of EO4 for preorder for a while :D (one for me, one for my bf). I look forward to seeing an Etrian Odyssey game in 3D. I feel sad, I haven't beaten the third installment but I was almost there!

i haven't even played the first 3. but they look good. and the 4th one looks really good.
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 02:31:04 pm »
If I owned a 3ds, the only interesting game for me would be Castlevania.  You could put a label on a !@#$% that said "Castlevania" and I would buy it.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 03:36:30 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Cool, there are some good games there.  I have to be honest though.  I have been waiting for a handheld smash bros since the release of the DS.  I can not wait for that to come out!   XD

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 05:32:03 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
Nice i can't wait :D
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 48 queries.

anything