Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Recruiting] Legend of Zelda 1 Remake, Spriters Needed.  (Read 8310 times)

[Recruiting] Legend of Zelda 1 Remake, Spriters ...
« on: May 05, 2013, 07:24:10 pm »

Old Stuffs --- Still applies, but was posted a while ago, so some of the stuff is outdated.---
Hello all, and thank you for checking out this topic. I have been working a decent amount already on a Legend of Zelda 1 Remake, in LTTP/OOT2Dish style. Some progress will be posted below. I have gotten to a point in the game design that it is beginning to be troublesome for me, as i only have a few objects left to code, or i cant find a way to do it better, and i cant just move on to something else as most of it is done. in terms of spriting, i cant sprite myself, and many of the sprites are fillers or just colored blocks, and that is very annoying to me now that most weapons and such are already completed. With programming, things like enemy AI, collisions, and such that i want better but cannot accomplish myself, is also annoying to deal with. also having team members will make this project a lot better!:D so here is what i am asking for

A 2D spriter(s). i already have a style down, and its like the LTTP or most of the OOT2D projects. Most of the spriting would be weapons, menu stuff, and maybe a few enemies and characters. Posting on the request form would be troublesome for the amount of stuff i need, as i want this game to look good and have as many custom sprites possible, to steer away from using LTTP sprites.

Programmer - I know a decent amount of GML, enough to get me pretty far in the engine. but some stuff i just cannot seem to accomplish, and that is where i would like to have a second or third hand in programming to either help me through, or to have someone to consult with and maybe the product could be better than before.
my coding may be a little messy as of right now, since some objects are unfinished and whatnot, but i think i organize decent enough.

I am close to where i am ready to release a Demo 1 for my game. the demo would have all weapons be finished, the overworld atleast skeletoned, and Dungeon one be fully playable. to have that though, i am in need of a few more coding segmants(Better Collisions, Enemy AI) and a pretty hefty amount of sprites. After a base for AI is set down, the rest is a lot easier. and after i can make everything fully playable, the levels can come a lot faster if i already have it done. So now i will give you all a little sneak peak at the project as it is now, to maybe influence some people. WARNING, Pretty Big image!
Show content

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Alright this is where the new stuff is. Ive spent some time on this engine getting everything pretty solid. All the weapons are coded, items, shields, etc. also all of links core mechanics, from health, swimming, rolling, swordfighting, etc. are also in the game. right now i have a pretty solid base, and the only thing not in the game besides around half the coding for 1/2 enemies is AI. besides that most of the core coding to start cranking out demos actually is there, although i want the demos to be stable and one dungeon at a time. Now for some new stuff though. along with using the overworld and certain details from the old one, i will actually be changing alot. why keep something the same if you can improve on the system now that there is technology to? so what im doing is changing alot. From extra moving mechanics(why use a raft when swimming is more free and can add to extras underwater?) or instead of the stepladder having a hookshot to use in more puzzles/combat? Things like this is what i am fixing. making sure items have good uses, can be used outside of specific areas, etc. also making the overworld more alive, having different tilesets to underground exploration(no more gambling games and "Secrets" more like minidungeons and puzzles! and giving the story an uphaul, because the awfully translated story we got doesnt really do the game good anymore. so what im doing here is a complete overhaul, and i would like some help with it. mostly spriting, as i like to usually code alone, although if you want to help with collisions or AI or something, just ask! Now for some eye candy, here are some screenshots. As you can see there are a lot of filler sprites and big empty spaces, thats because the overworld hasnt gotten anything besides a skeleton.
Show content
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 02:12:20 am by Whitay »
Re: [Recruiting] Legend of Zelda 1 Remake, Sprit...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 02:17:35 am »
BUMP. i added lots of new stuff, as i took up this project again now that break is here and i have more time. Made a decent amount of progress turning a skeleton(what it was in may) into a product that is actually starting to resemble a game. I have spent time redesigning dungeons, thinking of themes, layouts, etc. to also update the game. this will be a whole new feel to the 2D series of legend of zelda gaming.

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 09:38:13 pm »
This looks good! Any new screenshots? The main beef I had with LoZ was the odd control scheme, which made the game far more difficult and, though difficulty is nice, it simply frustrated me to no end. I have never completed that game.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 12:05:49 am »
I can upload a few, nothing really that new in mapping and such, but lots of coding has been done. a few simple enemies(poes, chuchus,tektikes, etc) a fully working menu, all of the items, and some dungeon designs. Right now i need to either learn how to sprite myself or find someone willing to help me. i always have a word document that i use to see what needs to complete and as the coding gets shorter and shorter the sprite list grows. but one of the many things im changing is making the control scheme and items just more up to date. the playstyle is sort of a merge with LTTP, and MC, but mostly LTTP except for some things like the bow that i wanted to change up a bit then just firing projectiles. I am starting to lay out the first few dungeons, as all of the items and character events are almost done, and i have enough to start changing it into a game. I also have game maker studio because i heard that it will help alot, and my code only has like 4 errors.. so i may switch to that after im done developing more.

EDIT: meh, i got a few but soon i will need videos to show how most of the new stuff works. i have some screenshots of different areas with their enemies, although by looking at these screenshots i realized the "invisible" mode for the poe needs to be a bit less seethrough in foggy reigons, and tektikes need a shadow. also you can see the tunics and the pause menu. but now i just mostly need sprites to make the game feel more polished. but the lost woods were completly coded as today:D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 12:49:27 am by Whitay »

DarkerColt

Programmer / Game Developer
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 05:07:58 am »
  • "Youtuber, Fan-Game Creator, Student"
This project looks promising! I would like to help but I am definitely not a sound producer or spriter but, if you need help with coding as such (as you noted Enemy AI) i will try my best to muster something up for you!

If you want to have a look at anything I have done i only have my "Majora's Mask GB" project going at the moment:
http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=40744.0

If i can be of service you can pm me on zfgc or on my youtube user: darkercolt.
Thanks!  XD
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 05:10:23 am by DarkerColt »
Hey There! im new to the forums, but will be quite active! started work on a new Majora's Mask Remake project in the forums if anyone is interested!
  • Youtube:
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 12:11:55 am »
  • I do sprites sometimes!
Hello! New to the forum, etc etc, you know the drill. Could I ask the exact sprites that you would want made?

I dabble in sprite-making from time to time, and the original Zelda is pretty much one of my favorite games. I'd like to help, if possible. Thanks~!
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 01:41:38 am »
  • Minalien
Hello! New to the forum, etc etc, you know the drill. Could I ask the exact sprites that you would want made?

I dabble in sprite-making from time to time, and the original Zelda is pretty much one of my favorite games. I'd like to help, if possible. Thanks~!
Quick tip, since you're new: be careful when posting. This thread was almost two years old.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 49 queries.