Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't browse ZFGC with skeetendo.com/proxi?  (Read 3001 times)

Nintendo Maniac 64

Not dead, just a lurker
Can't browse ZFGC with skeetendo.com/proxi?
« on: July 31, 2006, 07:52:48 pm »
  • ニンテンドーマニアック64
With http://skeetendo.com/proxi being my main internet filter get-around, I was at the library using the computer that's only for the book database and stuff which is on thier website. They just remove the address bar, bookmarks menu/buttons, and anything else that could change your site directly so you can't just "browse the web".  But they had a link to search engines on there, so I went to Google and typed in a site address.  Gamespot and ZFGC were blocked, but skeetendo.com wasn't.  I used that to get to ZFGC.  But I got an error about Bran371, and wondered "WTF?"

You can see it yourself.
http://skeetendo.com/proxi/index.php?q=emZnYy5jb20-&hl=1111101001
ZFGC's resident straight-male kuutsundere
(because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

Fate/stay night-related and other extended music loops:
http://www.youtube.com/user/nintendomaniac64

CPU + iGPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.6GHz/1.281v
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600
  • My YouTube channel

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
Re: Can't browse ZFGC with skeetendo.com/proxi?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 08:18:54 pm »
  • hungry..
I think there are a number of proxies that are blocked, well there used to be all of the popular proxies blocked, because they can be used for duel accounts as well as malicious / non-malicious uses.
  • My Blog

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 10:56:03 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 11:11:16 pm »
  • hungry..
IMO, using a proxy on here, is a way of getting around security that has been put in place for a reason, and I think that all web-proxies should be banned.
  • My Blog

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 11:31:37 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
I know over 30 proxys that can get on here, and thats from my studies of about 10 minutes. Also knowing what CAN bypass zfgc I could make my own proxy. You guys would need someone of a knowledgable base of proxys to block every single one.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!

Pyru

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 04:55:37 pm »
Why ban proxies? There are perfectly valid reasons to use them (get around safety filters on certain networks, etc.) so why block them? If you want to stop people ban-evading... well, you can't. People can just use another comptuer, or an unknown proxy, or change ISP, if they're that determined.
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 05:49:15 pm »
  • w00t
I agree with Pyru, it's not going to stop anybody who actually wants to ban evade, just like the library's filters weren't going to stop NM64 from accessing the sites he wanted to.  ZFGC is where I learned of skeetendo's proxy in the first place, and it was very helpful in proving that a friend stole artwork from some MMORPG's official art (our school blocked Photobucket and DeviantArt, and it was more convenient for us three to search together while at school).
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 10:41:06 pm »
  • hungry..
We didnt say "ban all proxies". What I suggested is that we ban all the popular WEB proxies. I have a list of like 200 working proxies at the moment, (non of them web-proxies), the thing is though, web-proxies are so much more likely to be used for spamming etc, because they're much easier to come across. Blocking the main, popular web-proxies simply means putting a barrier to try and put people off trying to use a proxy.

These are the one's that I'd suggest to block;
http://www.econsultant.com/proxylist/index.html
:P
  • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 02:13:13 am »
  • w00t
I still say that blocking the major proxy sites isn't going to stop anyone who is determined to ban evade.  There will always be another web proxy that can be used to access the site.  Is it REALLY that big of a threat anyway?  How often do we get ban evaders or people who join just to spam?  Maybe once every three months?  You're trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist in the first place.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 08:53:37 pm »
  • hungry..
No, we're not trying to stop ban evading, because realistically, it's impossible, we're trying to prevent people from purposely using a proxy to hide their identity.
  • My Blog

Pyru

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 09:02:31 pm »
No, we're not trying to stop ban evading, because realistically, it's impossible, we're trying to prevent people from purposely using a proxy to hide their identity.

That is realistically as impossible to do as preventing ban evading.

The only thing you are doing is preventing people from using proxies for legitimate purposes... if someone is using a computer where they HAVE to use a proxy to access this site, then the major proxies are likely the only ones they can find, while those trying to hide their identities will be able to spend more time to find proxies that are not blocked. They will also have the time to try proxies in turn.
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006, 01:19:11 am »
I think banning proxies on a massive level would be kind of a pain in the ass. Not only would it fill up the ban lists, but some people do use proxies for legit reasons. I think bans should be handled as they are needed, rather then massively banning a large group at once, or a large set of bans at once.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 59 queries.