Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: request/MC engine(if you dont have one or just dont care,stay out of this topic)  (Read 4142 times)

The gold chuchu

Maybe not?...
request/MC engine(if you dont have one or just d...
« on: September 20, 2006, 10:11:45 pm »
A MC engine just with basic movement and rolling (add a little bit more if you like ::)).thats all i need to start  Wind Waker advance! ;D ;) for GM6 registered please.(ill add the sound effects)

Antidote

>.>
Re: request/MC engine(if you dont have one or ju...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 10:00:50 pm »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
How do you expect to make a full game if you can't make something so basic????
Just experiment until you get used to gamemaker more THEN take on a big project such as the one you are proposing i haven't made a full fledged game yet and i have been using GameMaker for almost a year
(i've just made a paddle ball, breakout game and a small Zelda Game(didn't bother to release it because it was only 5 areas and no bosses))

My point is don't take on something so large if you cannot make something that can be easily done, practice makes perfect and also don't forget the 5 P's: Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance.
get a note book and write down what your game is going to contain (Map editors which are difficult but possible to make in GM, and other features) THEN start get a strong graphics team, THEN start programming once you get most of the material you need.

don't take to big of a bite i learned this the hard way when i had good progress on my old engine (written in C#) and i had to reinstall windows.
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 10:04:39 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
How do you expect to make a full game if you can't make something so basic????
Just experiment until you get used to gamemaker more THEN take on a big project such as the one you are proposing i haven't made a full fledged game yet and i have been using GameMaker for almost a year
(i've just made a paddle ball, breakout game and a small Zelda Game(didn't bother to release it because it was only 5 areas and no bosses))

My point is don't take on something so large if you cannot make something that can be easily done, practice makes perfect and also don't forget the 5 P's: Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance.
get a note book and write down what your game is going to contain (Map editors which are difficult but possible to make in GM, and other features) THEN start get a strong graphics team, THEN start programming once you get most of the material you need.

don't take to big of a bite i learned this the hard way when i had good progress on my old engine (written in C#) and i had to reinstall windows.

if you dont have one or just dont care,stay out of this topic
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 11:08:21 pm »
Ill send you my newer one,but i need a sec to fix it up for you.

EDIT:you only want walking?because mine has walking rolling menu enemies lifting(glitchy),and more.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 11:26:09 pm by linkw204 »

The gold chuchu

Maybe not?...
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 11:16:56 pm »
What!?!  Are you kidding?  Wow, a new engine, cool!  I will post screenshots of Wind Waker Advance as soon as possible ;) and I will also form a team ;D.  Thanks for the huge help linkw204, it is greatly appreciated.

Before I forget to mention, I will try to have a support banner out by September 30.
4Sword Edit: This may seem like an unreasonable edit, but it was hard to read, abusing caps lock, and was phonetically overdone.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 11:29:48 pm by 4Sword »
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 11:27:46 pm »
Ill also be a coder and spriter/tiler for ww advance if you want.
Im runnig final tests now,and ill send you (by PM) im about 5 to 10 mins.
EDIT:
Did you know that i started like chu chu?
no expirience.
everybody said dont do it.Look where im now! ive got a almost complete engine!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 11:34:43 pm by linkw204 »

The gold chuchu

Maybe not?...
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 11:51:03 pm »
YOU?chu chu?whoa....and SURE,you can be a script/spriter in WW advance!(but i will be asking for alot,thats why i need a GOOD team....3 or 4 more would work. ::))awesome,i got my #1 team member. ;D
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 01:52:27 am »
Do you have a topic for your game?

The gold chuchu

Maybe not?...
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 02:00:56 am »
not yet,but soon.i will post screenshots soon

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 02:11:45 am »
if you dont have one or just dont care,stay out of this topic
Ped I do care that is why I posted so I don't appreciate that post, I was only giving him advice, so please look at the content of my post thorougly.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 03:39:42 am by antidote »
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 03:52:54 am »
chu chu = the guy who created this topic.

current status

Sending..............Please touch the
memory card and the power button.
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 03:56:37 am »
(if you dont have one or just dont care,stay out of this topic)
I do care, I care because your posts' imossible grammar errors and lack of anything useful really are the types of things that make me mad. This isn't a "ooh, lets take a "Minish Cap" engine, however the hell you define that, along with 20 different other "engines" and then call it your own work. That isn't your own work. That is crap. You don't even specify what you want. There is no way that someone could possibly make a whole engine that is exactly what fits your needs for your game.

You will fail. Just don't try to make a Wind Waker remake, if you have to get an engine to get started. But no, I digress. I doubt you'll listen to me. But it doesn't matter, because a year from now you'll have no idea what to do.

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 04:03:04 am »
nicely said Scooter my sentiments exactly
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 04:25:21 am »
@scooternew:my game isnt crap and (yet again) thats how i did it.
Im also in 100% support.
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 04:44:20 am »
It can look decent on the outside, but be !@#$% on the coding side. Coding will also have no coherence this way, and will be nearly impossible to change if you have to make some big edit. And you don't learn anything. And you take credit for work that isn't yours.

But I'm not going to get sucked into this topic.
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 04:47:48 am »
good point,
The gold chuchu,get a c++ book(or the gm book) and read it.that will halp decifer the code for you
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 06:48:18 am »
If you aren't even able to make the movement system then you are 100% not able to make Wind Waker 2d. You know what happens if a guy mixes several engines into one? A buggy gmd/gm6 that won't get anywhere. So before you even start thinking about Wind Waker 2D then learn to atleast make your own movement system. And after that learn more and more and more and more and more till you master GM which none of us do at the moment. And then you can consider Wind Waker 2D because it will take years to make it.

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 10:40:54 am »
I already have one in the game i'm making but the problem is it is deeply embedded in in my game already, and getting it out would prove difficult as it uses a lot of variables from other objects.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 10:20:01 pm »
If you aren't even able to make the movement system then you are 100% not able to make Wind Waker 2d. You know what happens if a guy mixes several engines into one? A buggy gmd/gm6 that won't get anywhere. So before you even start thinking about Wind Waker 2D then learn to at least make your own movement system. And after that learn more and more and more and more and more till you master GM which none of us do at the moment. And then you can consider Wind Waker 2D because it will take years to make it.
(if you dont have one or just dont care,stay out of this topic)
I do care, I care because your posts' imossible grammar errors and lack of anything useful really are the types of things that make me mad. This isn't a "ooh, lets take a "Minish Cap" engine, however the hell you define that, along with 20 different other "engines" and then call it your own work. That isn't your own work. That is crap. You don't even specify what you want. There is no way that someone could possibly make a whole engine that is exactly what fits your needs for your game.

You will fail. Just don't try to make a Wind Waker remake, if you have to get an engine to get started. But no, I digress. I doubt you'll listen to me. But it doesn't matter, because a year from now you'll have no idea what to do.
[sarcasm]Very constructive criticism guys[/sarcasm](in other words, flame much?)I know you are going to say "Well were just helping him", but no you are not, did you notice the title?
Chuchu: sorry about them, people seem to have been extra hard on you, regardless of your newbie status ::). I apologize for them and I might be able to be a resource for you, but not a full time spriter.

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2006, 02:56:18 am »
Hey BBoy we ARE trying to help.
we are telling him that he should try to make some of the basics BEFORE attempting such a huge project.
we may seem a little rough (because i have to admit we are) but it's for his own good he must understand that he can't get this airheaded idea like "Hmmm, i know i just make a Wind Waker remake" and expect it to go exactly as he has it planned out in his head and that he must WRITE his ideas down and organize them (i am as we speak working on my Design Documentation that i am going to give to my team once i get a strong one going) also I told him to practice the 5 P's in my first post in this topic.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 02:59:53 am by antidote »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 75 queries.

anything