Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - long live The Shadowgazer!  (Read 386381 times)

Re: [Demo] The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer ...
« Reply #340 on: April 18, 2007, 09:50:13 pm »
I might reduce the room size, yeah, there are some others that feel quite empty, but the beds are in the centre of the room because if you consider the alternative, where strictly speaking all the furniture should sit against the back wall, the top half looks cluttered whilst the bottom looks even more empty. And in gameplay terms they're really the centrepiece of the bedrooms - they're the reason you go in there in the first place, so I want them to be as accessible as possible.

It's obvious you've just copied that L shaped pattern across the floor over and over
And why is that a bad thing? Tiled floorboards are laid in repetetive patterns. In my opinion it looks far better than placing them randomly.

Is Link in the bed MC sprites, or did you sprite Link's face eyeing the other person, and the little "bump" in the bed that represents Link's body under the sheets?
Like Bboy says, it's just an edit from the opening cinema of The Minish Cap.
« Reply #341 on: April 19, 2007, 03:23:52 pm »
Yeah, wood is repetitive. If he spread it out randomly, it wouldn't look natural.
Ironic, really...
« Reply #342 on: April 20, 2007, 05:13:01 am »
  • Ganondorf want's you to come closer...
This is looking great! XD

The flooe tiles look really good. Got one question, is ther eno furniture you can put on the bottom of the room? >:( Maybe if you edited some of the other furniture.

The game looks awesome, and seems to have alot of features that will make the gameplay fantastic!
Life is a waste of time,Time is a waste of Life, so lets all go out and get wasted!
« Reply #343 on: April 27, 2007, 04:18:23 pm »
Well, there's the table...
Still, two pots in the bottom-left corner never killed anyone.
« Reply #344 on: April 27, 2007, 04:21:29 pm »
I'm gonna do some custom plants or something to fill out those bottom corners. :P Trouble is all the furniture is designed to hug the back wall...

And, I'm definitely gonna shrink the rooms a little. I'll post an updated shot once I've done it - see what you guys think.
« Reply #345 on: May 01, 2007, 09:10:56 pm »
Yay, fun. Keep at it, this is the most promising game here (by far).
« Reply #346 on: May 02, 2007, 09:33:36 am »
BEFORE:

AFTER:

Better, no?

Just spent 3 hours re-tiling all the interiors, so it had better be...! :P
« Reply #347 on: May 02, 2007, 10:04:15 am »
  • Fight the Power
Yeah, it looks better. Sometimes making it smaller just jaggs it up but this is not the case.  :)

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
« Reply #348 on: May 02, 2007, 01:34:11 pm »
  • I cannot lose!
Ah, that's way better KM!
MGS4 == Best game ever. Srsly.
« Reply #349 on: May 03, 2007, 06:20:57 am »
much better, there was just too much space not doing anything.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #350 on: May 04, 2007, 12:08:26 pm »
  • I cannot lose!
Btw, KM, I finally got to play the demo. It was cool, looking forward for the next one! :D
MGS4 == Best game ever. Srsly.
« Reply #351 on: June 26, 2007, 09:34:42 am »
  • hehe
i haven't bin on the forum for about a year. :-[
have there been any new demos or stuff(it would take yonks to look through all those pages)
« Reply #352 on: June 26, 2007, 10:18:44 am »
There's a new demo ready to go, plus a trailer, new screens, art and info but they won't be posted until z3. Whenever that is...  :P
« Reply #353 on: June 26, 2007, 01:29:32 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
Well King Mob, you could always post the trailer, and keep the demo for z3, that's the ideal way of doing it (and that's how commercial developers do).
« Reply #354 on: July 01, 2007, 08:32:30 pm »
  • Evil's origin begins in TLOZ AO...
This is my most anticipated project. I'm really excited to do a good 2 run throughs of the demo and make sure I've tried everything. Can you tell us whether we will get to use the Shadowgazer or have a sick horseback battle?
« Reply #355 on: July 02, 2007, 11:20:42 am »
Neither, I'm afraid.

Link isn't taught the secrets of the Shadowgazer until he clears the first dungeon and learns what is required of him. You get the ability to go to the nightmare realm round about the same time Link learns to control the wind in The Wind Waker, so that won't be a feature of the z3 demo I'm afraid, since it's only the very beginning of the game. To be honest I'm not at a point where the nightmare realm is a fully formed concept. I'm working through the game in order and there's other stuff I need to tackle before that. I have ideas about how it should look, but they're all in my head at the moment. When I get them down on paper I'll post them as an update because it will be a looong time before they're turned into pixels.

Similar thing applies to Epona. The path to the ranch where you get her is blocked and can only be accessed with the item from dungeon no. 2 - which ain't in the demo either. I don't want you riding all over the map on horseback right from the start! Besides, it's something I want to reserve for the finished product. But, with the extra time we've been given, I've been able to put together a video trailer for z3 which features stuff not included in the demo, including some horse-riding.

What the z3 demo will do, however, is introduce you to a new (old to me, new to you :P) concept, and something absolutely core to the gameplay, that ties together things like the passing of time and the day and night cycle, sleeping routines and a three day rotating sequence - all stuff I've made cryptic references to in the past - into something quite original. ;)

So there should still be stuff worth looking forward to! :P

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #356 on: July 02, 2007, 11:26:12 am »
Hey King Mob, I have a few questions

1-How's the game going along

2-Which Zelda Game is it more linked to if any

3-What's left to do before demo time

4-(Offtopic a Bit)-When's z3?
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #357 on: July 02, 2007, 01:39:57 pm »
1-How's the game going along
Good, thanks. It feels like a game now, you can actually play it and get a sense of the story and structure, and that you're heading out on an adventure. It just stops quite abruptly, that's all! :P There's a huge hole between the two finished segments, which I had planned to have filled by August but, as is always the case with these things, I didn't give myself enough time. I really feel like I need a break too, and that would only delay it further, but I don't want to promise stuff and deliver nothing. So the demo that will be available at z3 is something of a compromise.

It's the opening segment of the game and is either very short or very long, depending on how much interest you have in the game world I'm creating...! In trying to put an average playing time on it, for your first run through, I'd say there's about 10 - 15 minutes gameplay, but you could easily waste an hour before you've seen and heard everything I've coded for the game's inhabitants. Whether or not you'll feel like it was worth an hour of your time afterwards, I can't say, but I put a lot of time into making those characters as 'alive' as I could. There's not much to 'do' but it will certainly set the scene, and hopefully you'll be dying to know what happens next...

2-Which Zelda Game is it more linked to if any
Linked to? In terms of similarities or whether it follows on from anything story-wise?
Well, it takes place after The Wind Waker. I'm trying to sidestep the restrictions of timeline continuity and that game pretty much wipes the slate clean by burying everthing that had gone before beneath the waves. ;)

As far as similarities go, I guess it would be A Link to the Past because, at their core, they both revolve around the dual world concept. But it's most influenced by Majora's Mask, in terms of the depth of characterisation and interaction with the NPCs, and once the curse of the nightmares spreads the deeper you get into the game, the mood and feel should hopefully be similarly creepy and trippy. Plus it has a rotating three day cycle, the specifics of which will be revealed in the z3 demo.

3-What's left to do before demo time
Nothing. It's all done, and an executable created and tested to within an inch of its life. I could be adding stuff all the way up to the day of z3, but I don't want to start anything I couldn't finish in time. There are little graphical touches I could be adding but, as I said above, I could do with a break.

4-(Offtopic a Bit)-When's z3?
Don't actually know. Not ideal, but as I say, I'm done and ready to go. :P

MadCucco

« Reply #358 on: July 03, 2007, 02:57:09 am »
Hey King Mob, I downloaded a mirror of the game (the first one), and the only thing I can do is walk, chop some bushes, use the items (and all that stuff), but I can´t get to any place! There´s no one to talk to! Is the demo just that or am I missing something?

By the way, you´re game looks really promising. Wich point of the game have you reached in development? At what dungeon or something?
« Reply #359 on: July 03, 2007, 08:16:33 am »
That's all there is in that demo. It was released over a year ago and that's pretty much all I'd done at that point. The second demo will be out sometime soon.

Thanks. I've got two segments that are for all intents and purposes finished. The prologue, which is the next demo, and the first dungeon, which is almost complete (no boss!) I'll be working on joining the two together next.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 52   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 78 queries.

anything