Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Majora's Mask coming to Virtual Console  (Read 2746 times)

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
Majora's Mask coming to Virtual Console
« on: March 28, 2009, 12:18:32 am »
  • The Mike
Majora's Mask is supposed to be coming to VC in Japan sometime this April for 1,200 points. I'm guessing it will be released sometime this year elsewhere as well. I think it's pretty obvious why you'll have to pay an extra 200 points compared to other N64 VC titles.

• Zelda Eternity

gm112

Re: Majora's Mask coming to Virtual Console
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 12:24:42 am »
* Basniak/gm112 gets my WAD injector program ready.

Looks like we'll see Golden Eye on VC early, too :D.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 12:31:07 am »
  • The Mike

Majora's Mask doesn't work with .wads. It's been tried many times but failed. Same with Goldeneye too but unlike Majora's Mask, Goldeneye isn't going to be on VC due to a conflict with companies that have owned the 007 franchise.

• Zelda Eternity

gm112

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 12:33:28 am »

Majora's Mask doesn't work with .wads. It's been tried many times but failed. Same with Goldeneye too but unlike Majora's Mask, Goldeneye isn't going to be on VC due to a conflict with companies that have owned the 007 franchise.
You said that Majora's Mask was going to be released next April. Reason why current VC won't support Majora's Mask is it lacks support for the 8mb expansion pak and controller plugins. So, I dunno why you're going on about it not working with .wad's when it's supposed to be released next month... :-\

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 12:36:51 am »
  • The Mike

You said that Majora's Mask was going to be released next April. Reason why current VC won't support Majora's Mask is it lacks support for the 8mb expansion pak and controller plugins. So, I dunno why you're going on about it not working with .wad's when it's supposed to be released next month... :-\
I thought you were saying you were gunna get a rom right now and inject it. I guess my stache misinterpreted what you were saying maybe.

• Zelda Eternity

gm112

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 12:57:05 am »

I thought you were saying you were gunna get a rom right now and inject it. I guess my stache misinterpreted what you were saying maybe.
Your amazing stache is amazing. I think chin hair lied >: (!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 01:32:35 pm »
Meh, already have it on Zelda Bonus Disk. Still a nice game. Too bad Goldeneye won't be on VC. I'd get that just for nostalgic reasons.
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 01:36:54 pm »
I have Majora's Mask on the Zelda Bonus disk and the original of the N64. I've also got Goldeneye for the N64. Hell, I still have an N64. So I won't waste any money and play those.  :P

gm112

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 01:39:23 pm »
Meh, already have it on Zelda Bonus Disk. Still a nice game. Too bad Goldeneye won't be on VC. I'd get that just for nostalgic reasons.
Problem with the Bonus Disk is that the emulator on that sometimes crashes. My last runthrough on MM crashed a few times :(. I dunno, I personally prefer playing console games on a TV.
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 01:43:02 pm »
Does it? Hmm I only noticed the sound going crazy, but there's a notice for that. Some !@#$% about the expansion pack or something. I don't remember it ever crashing on me though.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 02:28:46 pm »
  • The Mike
It never crashed on me whenever I borrowed my friend's N64 copy. When I tried playing the Collector's Edition about a month ago, it crashed on me literally 8-10 times. It bugged the crap out of me because I had collected so many things. I also noticed the crashes come more frequently if you save at an Owl Statue and continue playing later which I noticed happen sometimes before.

I'd like to get it on VC though because I don't have the original game and I'm getting tired of the game crashing with the GCN version and playing on an emulator doesn't have the same feel as if you were playing it on TV. I love the GCN controls though which is an upside for me.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 08:00:30 pm »
Problem with the Bonus Disk is that the emulator on that sometimes crashes. My last runthrough on MM crashed a few times :(. I dunno, I personally prefer playing console games on a TV.

Really? Hmm, now I think of it. I've never played the version on my bonus disk. Always used the N64's.
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 09:07:46 pm »
*just remembered that he still has his n64 with Majora's Mask in the b asement that he never beat* -.-
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 12:57:02 am »
Hmm, I think I did not use the Owl Statues that much. I just kept reverting time XD. So that's why it might have never crashed on me.
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 03:34:09 am »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%

Slight correction, due to Nintendo not willing to let Microsoft have Goldeneye in HD with online while Wii gets a straight port.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited

Nebetsu

Harbinger
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 03:49:03 am »
It's too bad. I would have loved some 8 player Goldeneye in widescreen on my 40 inch tv.

And who plays Marjora's Mask?

• Yiddish Nebbish
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 11:40:41 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine

Slight correction, due to Nintendo not willing to let Microsoft have Goldeneye in HD with online while Wii gets a straight port.

I thought it was about money?

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 12:09:51 pm »
It's too bad. I would have loved some 8 player Goldeneye in widescreen on my 40 inch tv.

And who plays Marjora's Mask?

I play Majora's Mask.

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 02:25:57 pm »
Nintendo sucks balls when it comes to money. Too bad half the fanbase will buy Goldeneye anyway.

I also play Majora's Mask.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2009, 08:32:48 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.

Man, I tried using wads before and I never managed to get it to work!! X_x

I had already heard about Majora's Mask coming to Japan a few days ago. It is awesome that Majora's Mask will hit the VC. I loved that game. Hopefully, it will be brought to VCs all across the world.

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 77 queries.

anything